What killed this game? - And is it worth rejoining?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Avarixzen
Zealous Believer

What killed this game? - And is it worth rejoining?

Post by Avarixzen » 01 Aug 2019, 02:17

I've been AWOL for a while, when the game first released I was excited to hop on it. However I had issues which led to me leaving the game behind sadly. I came to revisit it only recently, to find out the servers had all bee migrated into one, and it had gone Free To Play. Which are both heavily common in games that are losing players and dying. Doesn't seem to have done much to save it looking at the current player counts.

Its honestly disappointing, looking at games like Wurm I was hoping Life Is Feudal would blow up - and in my return I'd be greeted by a world with some lore building, kingdoms and all sorts. A thriving player-base, kingdoms and new features.

All I see though, is barely anybody - a lot of people very disappointing in the game, claiming the developers are at fault.

So what killed the game in the end? If you left, why did you leave? (Presumably you didn't if you're on these forums)

I'm not somebody who strives for PvP content either, I'd be still happy to play the game if it had gone the route of Wurm - aka roleplay based. Just curious.

SeNeX

Re: What killed this game? - And is it worth rejoining?

Post by SeNeX » 01 Aug 2019, 08:09

The Game is dead.
Sure with the migration and new patch they got to 3000 players for a short period of time but also they lost many active players. I stopped playing as they closed the old worlds and many of my old group did the same some joined the new world. It was this point were the developers cut the chains. No massive claim to care no guild economy that must be dealt with. Now they are back to 500-600 ? That was one Server population in the past.

Erefar

Post by Erefar » 01 Aug 2019, 09:09

I play this game about 3 years, and dont wanna go in other games. Yes, this project not a perfect, but this game is unicum. What i really want and hope is a reborn (is a third reborn? i forget but who cares), when LiF will be clearly perfect game, whis no bugs and lags and more, really more contents.
P.S. The game is not dead, you just tired and dont know what you want about game like LiF

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 14 Aug 2019, 20:18

Bad developer decisions killed this game.

1) Hosting NA servers on shitty virtual servers.

2) Having a shit-show release with several delays and servers that were literally wiped because players received GM status on accident.

3) Letting hundreds of asian players with high ping swarm the NA server (they should have been given their own server).

4) Remove PVP mechanics from a game that was heavily PVP from it's founding within the first month of release.

5) Aim-botting and other exploiting.

6) Very bad network code (complicated by asian players) causing IBs to play as stutter frames.

7) They added siege mechanics but then made the leveling system absolutely retarded.

8) etc. etc etc... this list is very long.

To make a long story short, they were originally funded by a hardcore-PVP oriented playerbase and then they got greedy trying to cater to a soft-core PVE playerbase.

Now look at them. Begging for scraps. It's sad man.

There's no joy in watching this game fail. It's not always a good thing to be proven correct.
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Return to General Discussion