What will LiF:YO admins do when they can't ban people in the MMO?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Ishamael
Alpha Tester

What will LiF:YO admins do when they can't ban people in the MMO?

Post by Ishamael » 09 May 2016, 03:58

Just curious what people think.

Will they keep playing the MMO?

Will they stay on LiF: YO?

I know a few groups that have targeted players and admins on corrupt servers and when people associated with those servers are spotted in the MMO, everything they have will be destroyed.
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Toren
True Believer

Re: What will LiF:YO admins do when they can't ban people in the MMO?

Post by Toren » 09 May 2016, 04:09

Quite a few people won't be playing the MMO when it comes out, because of not having rules enforced. Honestly, that's fine, who cares what people want to do to have fun in their free time.

And yes, there are corrupt badmins who have personally made me target people for the MMO. That being said, some things that are rules now need to become mechanics during the MMO. I.E. Floating object ladders are goofy, and no solid workarounds have been implemented yet. Even with basil mod there are still some unrealistic workarounds to creating ways to get into peoples bases.

If you do manage to kill the people who have offended you off too quickly during the MMO, you won't have the pleasure of fighting them over a long period of time.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 09 May 2016, 04:17

It's not about having fun with them over a long period of time I think for some people. It's more about teaching them how feudal the game can be when you can't hide behind the almighty ban hammer.

Not to name names, but I know quite a few admins that probably won't be able to play the MMO because good players will be destroying their base every time they manage to make one.

At least they like LiF:YO right? I mean, I have a feeling they will be playing that long after the MMO is out.
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 09 May 2016, 06:40

Yes, I will with pleasure destroy the badmins that have banned me over the years from their servers for wreking their groups :D

Kazar
Beta Tester

Post by Kazar » 09 May 2016, 07:44

As you said in a post above. Lot of badmins will not be playing MMO, or they will try and find out that this is happening to them. They start complaining on how bad this system is, and bla bla ... you know how they cry :D And then they will return on the YO and rot and pass away there with no people online or just a few friends.

I know some people too whose are hiding behind rules and ban. What will they do on the MMO ? I dont know they will find out that rules and ban is not right path.
Ave BIA

Airco

Post by Airco » 09 May 2016, 08:12

i know some people playe lif:yo in a solo mode (they create a private server on there own machien and just dont share it) they like to build up things.

the badmins, not sure if u wil be able to spot all of them considering i assume some (if not most) wil not play under there current gamertag (not all are loyal to the core, weak minded fools)

in general i assume lif:yo wild die out like team fortress classic, its stil there bhut thats about it.

the floathing logs ect, arent they gone inplement gravity on the mmo ? (oky its not yet added bhut it should be at some point)
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

DaddyLovebone
Zealous Believer

Post by DaddyLovebone » 09 May 2016, 11:01

Considering the map will be much larger, and split up into diplomatic relations - I really think it will be hard to transfer these petty grudges to the MMO.

It will without a doubt however be a steep learning curve for those that relied on admin tools to enforce the peace.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 09 May 2016, 11:30

I think people would enjoy riding across the map for their "petty grudges". The point is that regardless of the map size, these corrupt players and admins that have been enjoying their corruption on LiF:YO will probably be griefed off the MMO.

Also, Id be very careful about supporting these banmins in any way. Forum names are being tracked too. Like I said, it seems that anyone remotely associated with these guys are going to be warred and their claims repeatedly leveled.

Im curious if people think they will have the balls to play the game or flee back to their own empty servers.
—Ishamael

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 09 May 2016, 17:53

they gonna build a hammer and pretend they've got the true ban hammer.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Airco

Post by Airco » 09 May 2016, 19:23

@khan
u my friend have been watching to much to monty python - the holy grail

DaddyLovebone
Zealous Believer

Post by DaddyLovebone » 09 May 2016, 20:02

Ishamael wrote:I think people would enjoy riding across the map for their "petty grudges". The point is that regardless of the map size, these corrupt players and admins that have been enjoying their corruption on LiF:YO will probably be griefed off the MMO.

Also, Id be very careful about supporting these banmins in any way. Forum names are being tracked too. Like I said, it seems that anyone remotely associated with these guys are going to be warred and their claims repeatedly leveled.

Im curious if people think they will have the balls to play the game or flee back to their own empty servers.

Admins pay for their servers, which entitles them to do what they want. Disgruntled players hunting them across game platforms is petty, only topped by a subtle threat of tracking people's forum names, or encouraging others to do so, to enact some sort of misplaced justice.

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 09 May 2016, 21:01

Misplaced justice?

How does the server admins paying for their servers justify their actions?

They created a set of rules, asked players to join, then banned the players better than them that spent hours working up characters and bases on their servers.

That's a lot like inviting everyone out for a party, asking everyone to chip in for the venue, taking someone's cash and telling them they are uninvited without repaying them, simply because the girls like him better.

Killing those badmins in the MMO is exactly justice. Shit like that gets you socially ostracized in real life. It gets you diplomatically ostracized and targeted in MMOs. People are just going to reap what they sowed. I'll personally join my clans forces with Ishmael's to help him kill those worms if he even needs the help (he will not.)

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 09 May 2016, 21:09

I don't think it would take much convincing of my guild leaders Lerp, Hal, and Sal to go after these admins in game :)

(I don't have the patience or social skills to be a guild leader lol, I'm just a fighter)

Whenever one of these banmins bases get destroyed, I really hope people record and post youtube videos of it. I'll get some popcorn and watch. :beer:

We should act like we're admins while we're destroying their bases... voice chat example:

Hey! HEY! I SAID STOP MOVING. I've been hearing from a lot of people that you're causing problems on my server. I make the rules here and I break them if I want cause this is MY SERVER. If you threaten my donations I will ban you!
(I don't know how many times I've heard this lol)
—Ishamael

DaddyLovebone
Zealous Believer

Post by DaddyLovebone » 09 May 2016, 21:21

Stormsblade wrote:Misplaced justice?

They created a set of rules, asked players to join, then banned the players better than them that spent hours working up characters and bases on their servers.

That's a lot like inviting everyone out for a party, asking everyone to chip in for the venue, taking someone's cash and telling them they are uninvited without repaying them, simply because the girls like him better.

Killing those badmins in the MMO is exactly justice. Shit like that gets you socially ostracized in real life. It gets you diplomatically ostracized and targeted in MMOs. People are just going to reap what they sowed. I'll personally join my clans forces with Ishmael's to help him kill those worms if he even needs the help (he will not.)

Is it fair? No it is not, but it's still well within the rules, unlike your analogy.

Whatever reason you have to killing people in the MMO is your own, but going on official forums and encouraging for people to keep track of people's forum names so they can be killed in the MMO? It's plain disgraceful.

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 09 May 2016, 21:27

DaddyLovebone wrote:

Is it fair? No it is not, but it's still well within the rules, unlike your analogy.

Whatever reason you have to killing people in the MMO is your own, but going on official forums and encouraging for people to keep track of people's forum names so they can be killed in the MMO? It's plain disgraceful.

Well within the rules? What rules? Are you saying the only reason we should every advocate to hunt and kill people is because they broke Bitbox, the game developer's, rules?

You know what else isn't against the rules? Killing them. I guarantee you that Bitbox will never publish a rule prohibiting retaliation against badmins.

They violated social mores. They abused their power. They advertised their servers to players, asked them to contribute dozens of hours of play, and then banned them out of jealousy or rage.

People like that deserve the destruction they will be dealt. If you feel so strongly about it, join up with them.

DaddyLovebone
Zealous Believer

Post by DaddyLovebone » 09 May 2016, 21:31

Stormsblade wrote:
DaddyLovebone wrote:

Well within the rules? What rules? Are you saying the only reason we should every advocate to hunt and kill people is because they broke Bitbox, the game developer's, rules?

They violated social mores. They abused their power. They advertised their servers to players, asked them to contribute dozens of hours of play, and then banned them out of jealousy or rage.

People like that deserve the destruction they will be dealt. If you feel so strongly about it, join up with them.

I don't disagree on ban admins being a bad thing, but I am disagreeing about your "justice" and behavior on these forums.

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 09 May 2016, 21:34

DaddyLovebone wrote:
Stormsblade wrote:
DaddyLovebone wrote:Is it fair? No it is not, but it's still well within the rules, unlike your analogy.

I am not calling ban admins behavior into question - but yours.

My behavior is simply killing other players and destroying their bases. Everyone will do this. The only difference is my reason why - Their behavior in LiF:YO, when they were badmins.

AfLIcTeD

Post by AfLIcTeD » 09 May 2016, 21:37

Who cares? It's a game. If they want to go and kill those admins in the MMO then that's up to them. Justice or not, it's a game. Relax.

DaddyLovebone
Zealous Believer

Post by DaddyLovebone » 09 May 2016, 21:42

As I already stated, your motives are fine if you keep them to yourself. Going on here and attempting to rally or raise support however is not. It borderlines "naming & shaming" by supporting an effort to track peoples forum names to apply in-game consequences because you do not share their moral codex (something that is subjective to all).

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 09 May 2016, 21:52

Nice try. Nobody is naming and shaming here. You sound like a banmin though. You are just digging a hole for yourself.
—Ishamael

DaddyLovebone
Zealous Believer

Post by DaddyLovebone » 09 May 2016, 21:57

Ishamael wrote:Nice try. Nobody is naming and shaming here. You sound like a banmin though. You are just digging a hole for yourself.

Are you for real? If you can't handle someone disagreeing with you on a forum, stay off the internet.

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 09 May 2016, 22:00

DaddyLovebone wrote:
Ishamael wrote:Nice try. Nobody is naming and shaming here. You sound like a banmin though. You are just digging a hole for yourself.

Are you for real? If you can't handle someone disagreeing with you on a forum, stay off the internet.

He should stay off the Internet because he told you that you are digging yourself a hole?

Perhaps it's time you took your own advice before you do yourself more damage :)

DaddyLovebone
Zealous Believer

Post by DaddyLovebone » 09 May 2016, 22:08

Stormsblade wrote:
DaddyLovebone wrote:

He should stay off the Internet because he told you that you are digging yourself a hole?

Perhaps it's time you took your own advice before you do yourself more damage :)

More because I'm assigned the motive of being a banmin spokesperson for not agreeing. I.E a personal attack instead of debating the substance.

Anyways, cya in the MMO, I'll make sure to have tea ready for when you come for me.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 09 May 2016, 23:46

I prefer black tea with 2 sugar cubes, but you are in Denmark and I wont be on EU server :(

You run Lostrian and are a member of Vanirs eh? Nice

;)
—Ishamael

DaddyLovebone
Zealous Believer

Post by DaddyLovebone » 10 May 2016, 00:42

Ishamael wrote:I prefer black tea with 2 sugar cubes, but you are in Denmark and I wont be on EU server :(

You run Lostrian and are a member of Vanirs eh? Nice

;)

Am neither.

Kazar
Beta Tester

Post by Kazar » 10 May 2016, 08:52

The game itself encourage you to do this. If you will act like a god in one land(server) and fall or move to other land where you will not be a god, those banned people(titans like in the movie :D ) will want them to know what anger they felt when they recieve ban only for being better.

These intrigues will carry on as long as the game will live and I like it. This is the game you need to form up allies if you want to build an empire on the blood of the defeated ones and you will not do it alone.

If someone played tribal wars or travian. Badmins and their guilds will be the first to farm.
Ave BIA

Deus-X-Incognita

Post by Deus-X-Incognita » 11 May 2016, 09:57

Translation my head does of the story I hear here:

Someone has been butthurt big, and now wants to feel big again by telling all the world of how bad his revenge will be, and that he wants to harrass people into leaving the MMO.

Do, or do not - there is no cry.
German RP Server

Airco

Post by Airco » 11 May 2016, 10:29

Deus-X-Incognita wrote:Do, or do not - there is no cry.
:ROFL:
iam just reading all this stuf thinking 8-)

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 11 May 2016, 12:04

If you play this game much, its common knowledge that badmins are going to be targeted in the MMO. If you act like this is not common knowledge then you are trolling, dont play much, or are a badmin sympathizer.

Based on your previous posts, im going to say badmin sympathizer...
Speaking of which, do you know of a mature/helpful PVE server (US)? I like the crafting, building and exploring aspect but don't care much for attacking or being attacked.

This thread originally was going to be a discussion of what the badmins would do when they started getting targeted in the MMO.

The general consensus from the responses so far is that they will probably not play the MMO or go into hiding about who they are so they can play.
—Ishamael

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 11 May 2016, 12:49

Ishamael wrote:This thread originally was going to be a discussion of what the badmins would do when they started getting targeted in the MMO.

They would do nothing and play like a normal player, because you wont have time for that.

You may target them for a few days on launch (if you will be able to locate them on main land), but come-on, are you really see your MMO goal as 100% of the time to be spent on hunting a few guys from Yo? :crazy:

If you hunt too much, you will lose in other aspects of the game, i.e. you will be raided by the neighbour guild because you have settled on gold deposit.

Return to General Discussion