What will LiF:YO admins do when they can't ban people in the MMO?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

HalstonG

Re: What will LiF:YO admins do when they can't ban people in the MMO?

Post by HalstonG » 30 Jun 2016, 01:42

I hold the view that the early MMO will be like the dark ages lots of banditry, people struggling to exist, people trying to organize and what not

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 30 Jun 2016, 15:14

HalstonG wrote:I hold the view that the early MMO will be like the dark ages lots of banditry, people struggling to exist, people trying to organize and what not

Just the opposite. Many guilds have spent the last year working on plans for a rapid start.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 30 Jun 2016, 16:04

I agree, A lot of the groups on YO have gotten used to restarting constantly. (I.E. server wiping or moving to a new server). So my thoughts are that the veteran players will get set up very quickly within 3-4 days especially with the influx of old players rejoining for the MMO and the new players that will be joining. At that point those groups will become key regional players and start absorbing/conquering the new players/smaller groups in the region and start forming global players.

I feel like regional power politics will start within 2 days of server start up and last for around a month till larger groups start really consolidating and the big wars start happening.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 30 Jun 2016, 19:25

Yeah rapid start is trained to perfection by most big guilds. In the first hours there are already weapons and basic stuff. At the end of day 1 the warriors are in chainmail, on day 2 there are already plate armors, cavalry and walls. On day 4 sapper charges to blow stuff up :D

Lord_Sitruc wrote:I feel like regional power politics will start within 2 days of server start up and last for around a month till larger groups start really consolidating and the big wars start happening.

Most of the big guilds are joining as alliances of 3-4+ and their vassals from the beginning. So the first big wars are not hard to imagine :)
Last edited by Sharana on 30 Jun 2016, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 30 Jun 2016, 19:28

Sharana wrote:Yeah rapid start is trained to perfection by most big guilds. In the first hours there are already weapons and basic stuff. At the end of day 1 the warriors are in chainmail, on day 2 there are already plate armors, cavalry and walls. On day 4 sapper charges to blow stuff up :D

Day 5 will include nuclear weapons and missile delivery systems.

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Hurlzalot
Devoted Believer

Post by Hurlzalot » 01 Jul 2016, 01:40

Azzerhoden wrote:
Sharana wrote:Yeah rapid start is trained to perfection by most big guilds. In the first hours there are already weapons and basic stuff. At the end of day 1 the warriors are in chainmail, on day 2 there are already plate armors, cavalry and walls. On day 4 sapper charges to blow stuff up :D

Day 5 will include nuclear weapons and missile delivery systems.

That's ok ill have power armor by then.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 21 Oct 2016, 22:23

With the beta sign up, this thread seems relevant again :evil:
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 22 Oct 2016, 09:15

Oh dear lord let it die allready :D

Brother

Post by Brother » 22 Oct 2016, 15:49

RP server badmin here.

*Prepares himself for pitchforks* ;)

I'll start off my saying I'm quite the lurker on these forums and am regularly amused by the posts from some of you who seem vehemently against roleplay on LiF. Not trying to start an argument here but I'd love some insight into where you guys are coming from.

In my experience, RP servers are - always - at the top of the server list and have been at US peak since at least June 2015 (when I started playing). Crownlands, Sanctuary, RPCLiF, Arkhaya, LIFRP, Feudal Realms, the list goes on... I think this is a testament to the fact that Life is Feudal is at its best when people care about their characters and attempt to give meaning to their PvP. In my opinion, that's what makes Feudal a game I'm willing to keep sinking embarrassing number of hours into.

Now I fully understand being frustrated by RP rulesets and carebears who whine every step of the way, trust me, I probably know better than most having handled literally hundreds of report-a-player tickets. But I find myself equally frustrated and confused by people who play LiF only for the PvP and want to spend their time KoSing for out of character reasons. Don't get me wrong, I like PvP too, but given the fact that the game can only really handle small skirmishes (and even that is a bit clunky) at the moment, why hold against people the other aspects that make this game awesome?

The last little quibble I'd like to touch on is the idea that RP oriented players should just stick to YO when the MMO comes out. I see the logic here but I hope you know that there are those of us are equally excited - if not more excited - to get in on a larger map without a playercap. Furthermore, you can't even understand how much I'm looking forward to an RP community on the MMO where rules need to be enforced in-character instead of out-of-character. "Oh, one your guys came on our lands swinging their sword like an idiot and screaming BS in their mic? Good luck seeing any of our 50k shaped granite" :friends:

Anyway, really stoked for the potential of realm wide politics, diplomacy, trade, and stroylines. Been looking forward to the MMO like crazy. Fingers crossed for gruesome alignment penalties.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 23 Oct 2016, 08:14

Badmins are not admins that enforce their rules. They are the scum that throws out their own rules to do whatever the hell they want. If their ego is threatened you get banned.

This server is not around anymore, but it pretty much sums up the situation.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=inPX5RUL-6U
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Ygg
Zealous Believer

Post by Ygg » 24 Oct 2016, 00:34

<3 guild war, good times

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 24 Oct 2016, 15:59

BrotherPhinque wrote:RP server badmin here.
*Prepares himself for pitchforks* ;)

No need, you can put your pitchfork away. You summed up the official feelings of the Duchy quite well.

The alignment system will be quite interesting in the general MMO. Beta testing with a larger group of players should provide a good test of how the alignment and skill loss penalties work out.

Looking forward to Friday. :)

Return to General Discussion