What will LiF:YO admins do when they can't ban people in the MMO?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

DaddyLovebone
Zealous Believer

Re: What will LiF:YO admins do when they can't ban people in the MMO?

Post by DaddyLovebone » 11 May 2016, 12:53

Ishamael wrote:If you play this game much, its common knowledge that badmins are going to be targeted in the MMO. If you act like this is not common knowledge then you are trolling, dont play much, or are a badmin sympathizer.

Based on your previous posts, im going to say badmin sympathizer...
Speaking of which, do you know of a mature/helpful PVE server (US)? I like the crafting, building and exploring aspect but don't care much for attacking or being attacked.

This thread originally was going to be a discussion of what the badmins would do when they started getting targeted in the MMO.

The general consensus from the responses so far is that they will probably not play the MMO or go into hiding about who they are so they can play.

Not only did you previously encourage people to track forum names, now you are also harassing posters that disagree with you by labelling them as "badmin sympathizers".

You claim that its the rest of us that are "digging our holes" for calling you out on this infantile behavior, when it is really you that should re-think the way you treat your fellow players on these forums.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 11 May 2016, 12:59

Custodian wrote:
Ishamael wrote:This thread originally was going to be a discussion of what the badmins would do when they started getting targeted in the MMO.

They would do nothing and play like a normal player, because you wont have time for that.

You may target them for a few days on launch (if you will be able to locate them on main land), but come-on, are you really see your MMO goal as 100% of the time to be spent on hunting a few guys from Yo? :crazy:

If you hunt too much, you will lose in other aspects of the game, i.e. you will be raided by the neighbour guild because you have settled on gold deposit.

Possibly. Depending on local threats, Im sure vengence could be put on hold. We'll see how it plays out.

I honestly dont think these badmins are going to take much effort to wipe off the map once they are found. Plus, if other people actually need help destroying them for some reason then me and others will help.

The real question is what will they do when they cant ban people when they are about to lose their claim and everything they built? I think thats a more fun question to answer.

Ive destroyed claims before, so I have an idea ;)
video-destruction-of-a-claim-part-1-t17630/
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Gchristopher

Post by Gchristopher » 11 May 2016, 20:23

Ishamael wrote:Ive destroyed claims before, so I have an idea ;)

Okay, I'm really new here, but this seems pretty convincing. The MMO is likely to be dominated by players that really enjoy PVP, and are maybe a little obsessed. If they target you (whether for a valid grudge or not), there's no way to stop them, if for no other reason than they'll be playing Judgement Hour every single day until you take a vacation, then they destroy everything.

As someone who's really enjoying LiF:YO with friends on a small dedicated server, crafting, making stuff, and (very slowly) progressing through skills, why on Earth would I want to play the MMO? I haven't even tried playing public servers, because of how much drama there is in threads like this.

This makes the MMO sound like some kind of horrible part-time job, where you have to log in every 24 hours to keep anything claimed, and even then, one hour a day everything will be destroyed by angry people with nothing better to do than tear things down. (Or dedicate an hour every day to full-time PVP and if you lose once or skip a day, you lose everything and start from scratch?)

This just doesn't make the MMO sound like any fun to try, when you can avoid all of that and just have fun playing LiF:YO.

I'm just confused as to why they'd bother to make a game with such involved crafting/skilling/terraforming if the end goal is mostly to satisfy a need for hardcore PVP? It just seems like a terribly poor mismatch of very different player experiences.

Airco

Post by Airco » 11 May 2016, 20:32

there wont be a thing like jh on mmo.

the goal is to work together whit a big group so u dont have to log in dialy.
also politics whit naibers wel be needed to guarantee safety from larger kingdoms (as it is in rl)
its not building and destroying its alot deeper than such a approach.
majority of the players i assume wil not bother a single hermit/farmer out in the middle of nowhere to much.
they might come over and be some bully bhut even the bully's wil leave becouse for them there is no sport in a player that wont counter and just sob.

if your playing solo on lif:yo your skill limit wil most likely be 3000 while at mmo it wil be limited to 600. forceing to unite whit players. untide the slow progress is pretty ok.
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Post by Unbeaten » 11 May 2016, 20:50

I believe they intend to have some kind of siege JH. Not JH but a Siege stone of some kind you challenge another city. They wont expect people to be on all day to defend, that didn't work so they brought out claims. I assume claims will still exist. That means there has to be some kind of siege mechanic. I challenge you, you have 48 hours to accept and choose a 2 hour window for us to fight etc.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 11 May 2016, 21:35

I expect the vast majority of players to fit right into the local politics without being griefed.

Also, I expect the entire current political landscape to change once we have the large influx of new players and old players wanting to join the mmo.

The one thing that I don't expect to change is the communal hatred of badmins that we've been dealing with for 2 years on LiF:YO.

(the community here being the aggressive, skilled player versus player groups... not a nice group of people to have pissed off at you)

If you're not a badmin or a badmin sympathizer then you probably have nothing to worry about. Just expect to pay your local taxes or tributes.
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Airco

Post by Airco » 12 May 2016, 16:42

Ishamael wrote:If you're not a badmin or a badmin sympathizer then you probably have nothing to worry about. Just expect to pay your local taxes or tributes.

u kidding me right? u think i even pay attention to those names? :p
pay taxes??? i hate paying taxes in rl, heck if i could i would buy my own island and lift the middel finger to the politicians already in rl. i'l die before i pay taxes ingame!

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 12 May 2016, 16:55

Thats the spirit!!
—Ishamael

Alakar
Beta Tester

Post by Alakar » 12 May 2016, 21:13

Ishamael wrote:
Custodian wrote:
Ishamael wrote:This thread originally was going to be a discussion of what the badmins would do when they started getting targeted in the MMO.

They would do nothing and play like a normal player, because you wont have time for that.

You may target them for a few days on launch (if you will be able to locate them on main land), but come-on, are you really see your MMO goal as 100% of the time to be spent on hunting a few guys from Yo? :crazy:

If you hunt too much, you will lose in other aspects of the game, i.e. you will be raided by the neighbour guild because you have settled on gold deposit.

Possibly. Depending on local threats, Im sure vengence could be put on hold. We'll see how it plays out.

I honestly dont think these badmins are going to take much effort to wipe off the map once they are found. Plus, if other people actually need help destroying them for some reason then me and others will help.

The real question is what will they do when they cant ban people when they are about to lose their claim and everything they built? I think thats a more fun question to answer.

Ive destroyed claims before, so I have an idea ;)

The problem with this is so far the stated War mechanics seem to look like it will mostly be instanced battles ( that will lower the radius of the monument if they lose). And one final assault after a few days of scheduled instance battles between the groups that actually will occur on the actual server. Not really too big a fan of this idea because AFAIK the instanced battles will be open field battles only ( no buildings, etc. ) so you really aren't even allowed to really attack their claim during the war until the very end. Hopefully some other siege mechanic can come into play so that we can have actual sieges of bases.

-Alakar
http://arkhaya.com/

Airco

Post by Airco » 13 May 2016, 07:23

yeah i also am looking forward to actuale siege a fort/castle whit trebuchet, katapult and battering ram.
i assume the instance battles are to reduce the radius and on the last radius battle on the server itself to be siege and only then... pretty weak if u ask me

*cross fingers* i hope they inplement a system where we can build a fort/castle on the instanced battle's

Larainan

Post by Larainan » 16 May 2016, 14:47

As an admin who is *hiding behind rules and ban* I will tell you what I will do when the MMO comes out....I will enter it as a normal player with my entire lifyo server strong. we are already planning to go to the mmo that way and set up in advance who will learn what skills when we get there so we build fast, level fast, and fight hard. So before you discount those bad admins and think we will hide on our life yo servers......think again because you might just get run over by a day one 30 to 60 strong guild on your server!

Chuto
Beta Tester

Post by Chuto » 16 May 2016, 15:40

I think there will be room in MMO for everyone, even non-combatants will have a place there. Every wise guild need crafters that will support warriors in exchange of protection.
And there will be many opportunities to bring badmins, haters and flamers to the justice. Feudal justice, like in good old times :twisted:

Kazar
Beta Tester

Post by Kazar » 16 May 2016, 15:57

Larainan no body is trying to dishonored you or your mates from server. We are talking about that admins whose base got destroyed and then they start making up a tons of rules that are "safe" for them, and if somebody broke them they give BAN with smile on their face because they think they won.

Our guild live throught this and we know about this. Or we know the admin that restart the server just to get his people online, or if they did not manage to get in he kicked a bunch of enemies out.

Iam the admin right now myself and i kick some people for some bug using or using nazi names but that is all.

If you can hold up 30-60 people from your server then you are not probably a badmin and this topic is not about you :) :beer:
Ave BIA

Gastenns
Beta Tester

Post by Gastenns » 16 May 2016, 16:15

I can vouch, kazar is a great admin. He's a goodmin if there is such a thing :Yahoo!:

Dleatherus
Beta Tester

Post by Dleatherus » 16 May 2016, 17:31

I can vouch fer Kazar also - played on a number of servers with him and BIA

(i was in a different clan)

having tried to GM a few servers personally i'll be glad when the mmo launches

yeah there'll be folks gaming the mechanics, there always are - but this time the badmins can be gamed back

tired of drama queen GM's who attack noob's in their royal plate, get owned cos they are so bad, or met somebody who was so good, and then ban them claiming 'you beat me therefore you must be a haxxor!!!'

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 16 May 2016, 22:17

Larainan wrote:...think again because you might just get run over by a day one 30 to 60 strong guild on your server!

I have a video where 5 good pvpers defeat around 30-40 rp guys trying to pvp. I love this game because numbers and equipment mean little if you dont know how to fight.
—Ishamael

Kazar
Beta Tester

Post by Kazar » 17 May 2016, 07:01

Can you post here that video ? I would like to see it :)
Ave BIA

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 17 May 2016, 07:40

Kazar for pilsner president! I support kazar on his new election as a goodmin of pilsner. :beer:

Mahtafa
True Believer

Post by Mahtafa » 17 May 2016, 08:23

This is what happens when admins unites the rp/pve server to drive out pvp group :ROFL:

Larainan

Post by Larainan » 17 May 2016, 12:22

Kazar, you can say this isn't about me all you like, however I too have had people leave my server because they didn't like rules or something I was doing for someone other than them. There are just those people that think because you fly over and fix a wall or help someone place something or place something on a tile that just won't flatten that you are playing favorites and abusing your power. and you all need to get that IF I own it Pay for it Maintain it and work to enhance your play I too should be able to enhance the few minutes a day I get to do things for myself...cough up the bux or quit crying about those of us forking over money to give you a place to play. I get that some people do things like ban you because you are better than them in a fight, what you need to get is this kind of rant brings out the crazies that don't think like you and will be targeting and destroying things simply because someone ever had a gm tag or they felt gm's played favorites on the server they are on.

I try to treat my players the same, I have yet to use the ban ability on my servers. HOWEVER, I own my servers it really is essentially my world to build and run as I choose. I personally allow my community to request, and vote on rules that will be implemented. I also get very tired of seeing all these comments about gms that abuse the power because we gm build our own bases or items in them. I have also done that for my personal use as well as community use. I have seen comments here like gm's should go play on a different server not their own, this is just a stupid comment because if I did that then that person that said it would be pissed because there was no gm around to fix their stuff.

What many of you fail to realize is while I'm flying all over through-out the day picking up and re-placing the broken tubs and racks or I'm working my tail off to flatten ground for an arena etc it doesn't leave me much time to level my own skills. While I have not gm set my skills I do use my gm'd buildings to actually raise them and since my second server has been up and running since January I have yet to even level a single combat skill or make a single piece of armor or weapon. With that said you can bet your ass that if you attack my weakling unarmed barefoot character I WILL RAIN BEARS ON YOU!!!!

I do have one or two banning offenses listed for my servers which nobody has broken yet but you can bet your ass if you come to my server just to grief and not build or trade you will get the boot very quickly.

What is see going on in most of the reply's here is just a general hate for badmins....everyone determines for themselves what is a badmin to them and it could be as simple as just having the tag.

I am trying to promote pvp and rp even trading and community interaction on my servers. I may have a god tag but I am not god so I am not perfect. Please be aware that simply trying to do things to please everyone on a server is a full time job all by itself. Especially with all the whining when things don't go your way that goes on.

How about we all have a little integrity and focus on the MMO and the Gameplay rather than talk about targeting gm's and ruining it for people.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 17 May 2016, 15:43

Unbeaten wrote:I believe they intend to have some kind of siege JH. Not JH but a Siege stone of some kind you challenge another city. They wont expect people to be on all day to defend, that didn't work so they brought out claims. I assume claims will still exist. That means there has to be some kind of siege mechanic. I challenge you, you have 48 hours to accept and choose a 2 hour window for us to fight etc.

Laying siege to a base will only occur when the monument is at level 1. Prior to that it will be instance battles.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Airco

Post by Airco » 17 May 2016, 15:59

thats what i understood aswel, bhut i wonder how the isntanced battles wil be, wil it just be clan vs clan (or guild vs guild idc how u wanne call it) and be a last man standing thing?
or wil it be capture the flag stuf?

also if its clan v clan, players that have builds for archery from wall's wil have a huge disadvantage dureing these battles

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Post by Unbeaten » 17 May 2016, 16:11

Airco wrote:thats what i understood aswel, bhut i wonder how the isntanced battles wil be, wil it just be clan vs clan (or guild vs guild idc how u wanne call it) and be a last man standing thing?

also if its clan v clan, players that have builds for archery from wall's wil have a huge disadvantage dureing these battles

I would hope the defender is able to use his assets.... Otherwise this is not really "a siege" and why would the city lose anything if it was not used properly. Why build your walls if they can lower your monument through "siege" without getting through them. That's a terrible idea and the person in charge of it should be fired. Defenders should always be granted the advantage of home field and the utility of the days and then months put in to build that advantage. Not to mention the realism of this is just fuck retarded pardon my French. I know they still have to siege at level 1, but bottom line you should NEVER be able to touch shit inside my city unless you have earned your right to enter it.
Last edited by Unbeaten on 17 May 2016, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 17 May 2016, 16:32

This is a rather amusing thread. :)

I hate having a lot of rules on a server. That said, it seems that a lack of rules can still cause passionate play and debates. That's because it's the nature of the beast, and in this instance that beast is player versus player combat. If we are honest with ourselves, we love the drama, the action, the crying, and the momentary feelings of elation.

That said, I can tell you that for me personally, I don't really care about anything that occurred on previous YO servers. At least when it comes to wanting to get even with anyone. I know other members of Wessex that feel differently though, and I expect them to 'get red' pretty quickly against former YO membership. As long as there is no formal good/neutral standings between us, its generally allowed as anyone without formal standings are seen as being 'red'.

From a guild perspective, I doubt we will give much of a damn about what occurred on the various YO servers. If you are a player or a guild targeted by others and join us, we probably won't hold your past against you. We like to fight, and we know that players seldom wait for a reason (legitimate or contrived) to engage with us. That said, you will be expected to defend yourself and be an active part of the team. We also expect you to keep the drama to a minimum, as we like to create sufficient quantities of our own. ;)

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 17 May 2016, 16:49

Airco wrote:thats what i understood aswel, bhut i wonder how the isntanced battles wil be, wil it just be clan vs clan (or guild vs guild idc how u wanne call it) and be a last man standing thing?

My understanding from what I read in a previous interview is that the terrain will depend on the size of your claim (assuming you are defending), and that there will be no fortifications. However, you can bring in others to help you as part of the instanced battles, up to the player cap.

Let me give you an entirely made up example based soley on what I read (which makes it completely unofficial). Lets say your level 4 city is in the hills, and mine is in the swamp. Between us is a forest.

The first instanced fight would be in the swampy terrain. If I win your monument is knocked down a level.

The second instanced fight would be in the forest. If I win your monument is knocked down a level.

The third instances fight would be in the hills. If I win your monument is knocked down a level.

The fourth engagement would be a true siege, against your city, and you would be able to utilize your fortifications. The entire server can show up to defend, attack, or just pillage the battlefield. If you lose the monument is destroyed.

The reasoning behind that type of terrain usage (and no fortifications) is that it simulates an 'invading army' moving through your lands to get to your base.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 17 May 2016, 17:15

Kazar wrote:Can you post here that video ? I would like to see it :)

I was asked to stop posting videos because enemy troops were using them as training videos.

Once the MMO is out and our base is established, Ill resume uploading. I have several hours of good fights saved atm.
—Ishamael

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 17 May 2016, 17:21

Larainan wrote:Kazar, you can say this isn't about me all you like, however I too have had people leave my server.

In the real world, nobody is going to read 8 pages of a badmin giving himself a blowjob.

TLDR dude.

Lets keep on topic please.
—Ishamael

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Post by Unbeaten » 17 May 2016, 17:26

Duplicate
Last edited by Unbeaten on 17 May 2016, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Post by Unbeaten » 17 May 2016, 17:28

Unbeaten wrote:
Azzerhoden wrote:

My understanding from what I read in a previous interview is that the terrain will depend on the size of your claim (assuming you are defending), and that there will be no fortifications. However, you can bring in others to help you as part of the instanced battles, up to the player cap.

Let me give you an entirely made up example based soley on what I read (which makes it completely unofficial). Lets say your level 4 city is in the hills, and mine is in the swamp. Between us is a forest.

The first instanced fight would be in the swampy terrain. If I win your monument is knocked down a level.

The second instanced fight would be in the forest. If I win your monument is knocked down a level.

The third instances fight would be in the hills. If I win your monument is knocked down a level.

The fourth engagement would be a true siege, against your city, and you would be able to utilize your fortifications. The entire server can show up to defend, attack, or just pillage the battlefield. If you lose the monument is destroyed.

The reasoning behind that type of terrain usage (and no fortifications) is that it simulates an 'invading army' moving through your lands to get to your base.

Still a poor concept. Nothing fought outside my city should weaken it. Also in many cases of war through history the whole of the army would pull back and bunker down. This lacks so much realism its such a step back for LiF.

Lets all enter these magical instances of magical lands.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 17 May 2016, 17:56

Really, we will have to wait and see what is actually going to be used for sieging. Im open to trying whatever mechanic they have. Dont hate it before you try it right?
—Ishamael

Return to General Discussion