Wurm Online Representing.

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Re: Wurm Online Representing.

Post by Protunia » 25 Mar 2014, 08:53

Hey there!

Welcome to LiF! Gamurin, Cndo, Zehive, & bowlin12!! :Yahoo!: Glad to see you made it over here.

There is a ton of good info about the game and the design concept on the site, forums, and in the FAQ.

Bobik is more than happy to answer any questions about things you cannot find on the F.A.Q. thread.

My Sig has a compact version of the sites info.

Check out the skills calculator as well because it will give you a good Idea of how things will work there.

Images of the skill curve progression.
http://i.imgur.com/aSalJAb.png
http://i.imgur.com/InUZVEy.png

Anyhow things are just getting rolling towards closed alpha atm and everyone around here is very excited about the games future.
Last edited by Protunia on 25 Mar 2014, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 25 Mar 2014, 12:33

I was known by the name Saxx in MR. I built a huge deed on Desertion the south coast of the south center island. Quite an impressive sight from the southern ocean route to Glitter. :good:

Moonpoppy
Alpha Tester

Post by Moonpoppy » 25 Mar 2014, 16:22

Wurm player also... Moonpoppy, BL, Epic.

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 25 Mar 2014, 16:41

Moonpoppy wrote:Wurm player also... Moonpoppy, BL, Epic.

Welcome to LiF Moonpoppy. :beer:

Cheers!

Zehive
Alpha Tester

Post by Zehive » 25 Mar 2014, 19:54

bowlin12 wrote:I wonder how the wurm players are going to deal with the PVP style. No point and click and wait for something to happen. I guess I'll say I play wurm aswell, Epic cluster BL. Only played for a few months, got into the pvp. Definitely not worth the grind. -ajro

I've been looking for a wurm-like game with combat more akin to Mount & Blade or Chivalry. This looks like its taking Mount and Blade, improving on some aspects but missing others, a tradeoff which seems totally fine to me, and stuffing it into a game which even in its incredibly early closed alpha state looks like it will have vastly more to offer than wurm with some shoe polish and and a few implementations.

It's pretty much what I've been looking for. I'm absolutely certain that when this game has something you can solidly pay for and play it will skyrocket.

I'm also known as Bagsecg on the epic cluster, Zehive on Wild when it was still Wild.

Cndo
Alpha Tester

Post by Cndo » 25 Mar 2014, 20:15

I myself have been kicking around since 2011 when the game was first mentioned on the wurm forums. I am now proud to say that the moderation team along with Rolf are so fearful of the game they actually removed the thread in the off topic area.
http://imgur.com/AWol6Xp,0xMADV1,5mu1Xha,i61630A
Cndo - Adminstrator/Elder of Northmark Guild

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 25 Mar 2014, 21:05

Zehive wrote: Zehive on Wild when it was still Wild.

Ha I used to live in "Eden" on Wild server

It is really great to see all of you Wurmians here.

Be sure to check out Protumia's thread here http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/life-is-feudal-links-to-articles-on-game-features-and-info-t787/

If reading thru that doesn't get your juices flowing something is wrong.

Zennie

Post by Zennie » 25 Mar 2014, 21:42

Zennie, a northerner from Jenn-Kellon here, currently slowly drifting into void as I am a bit tired of grind and "dailies" aka farming/horsebreeding.

Madrocks

Post by Madrocks » 26 Mar 2014, 01:57

Im Madrocks I play JK, Epic

Zehive
Alpha Tester

Post by Zehive » 26 Mar 2014, 01:57

Madrocks wrote:Im Madrocks I play JK, Epic

who are you?

Jackburton

Post by Jackburton » 26 Mar 2014, 02:03

Ok guys. I have arrived. Let the trolling begin.

Looks like a sweet game. Can't wait to give my money to this game instead of that jerkoff Rolf.

Touchmee
Alpha Tester

Post by Touchmee » 26 Mar 2014, 08:13

Touchmee, BL on Epic. Only played one closed alpha and still love this game more than wurm

Zehive
Alpha Tester

Post by Zehive » 26 Mar 2014, 10:21

Touchmee
Alpha Tester

Post by Touchmee » 26 Mar 2014, 22:22

Any wurm groups started up yet for open alpha? i know its not exactly round the corner but would be nice to build up a good group for when it happens?

Maybe those of us in closed alpha could group up for some testing?

Send me a pm

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 27 Mar 2014, 10:08

Yeah,
I am going up north the next test to check out the mountains and do some prospecting ( if I can get there ) But As soon things get a little more stable with the servers and people can meet up easier I think that would be good Idea.

Khatanka

Post by Khatanka » 27 Mar 2014, 14:49

and:

khatanka, BL, Chaos and Deli :)
Heute ist ein guter Tag zum Sterben!

Arowhun

Post by Arowhun » 27 Mar 2014, 17:50

Jackburton wrote:Ok guys. I have arrived. Let the trolling begin.

Looks like a sweet game. Can't wait to give my money to this game instead of that jerkoff Rolf.

My jaw literally dropped when seeing you guys here. Jacky B. droppin wisdom, yet again. :lol:

I'm Arowhun. I've played for a long time on both the Wurm PvE and PvP servers, and have been hoping Wurm would eventually become something like what this game has to offer. From what I've seen so far, I'm hooked!

And yes, Rolf has shown some imcompetancies. To name one, when I was playing a few months ago on Serenity server there was a group of players exploiting game mechanics. They destroyed almost a dozen towns with their glitching, and in the process the town owners lost 100s of euros worth of real world money in gear, ingame currency (which is bought from the game store), and other assets. The sad part? I bothered Rolf day after day for several months, and it took 3 months for him to act. Actually, the people who were doing the exploiting got a get out of jail free card for some reason, and none were banned for the exploiting besides one individual.

Then of course, there is the Bashur fiasco. Rolf allways said that account name changes are never given to anyone. People have asked him in the past, and he allways denied them. Then one day, Bashur (big youtube star) comes into wurm and buys an account from someone with maxed out skills. He somehow convinces Rolf that he is worthy of a name change from the accounts original name (Ianrose) to Bashur. Rolf tried to keep this secret from the community, but we found out. We were not ammused.

The recent problem that Cndo mentioned has to do with the Chaos PvP server. Basically, the Jenn-Kellon stronghold of Sparta was destroyed by Mol-Rehan raiders. Using a game mechanic that has been around for a long time (Ever since it was added in 07 or so), Jenn-Kellon secured their gear inside Sparta's mine. Suddenly, Rolf appears and claims that the mechanic is actually a bug, and he opens up the mine for Mol-Rehan. MR then went in there and took the 250e worth of gear that was left inside there. People got mad and talked with Rolf. He decided to compinsate them by giving them lumps of rare "moon metals", which were worth about 50e. The reason this has gotten people so angry is that Rolf has allways had a policy of never intervening in a PvP situation, especially when it involves such massive amounts of money as this. It appears to me that something fishy was going on here between Rolf and Mol-Rehan.

People in Wurm are getting more and more angry. Players who have played since the game was founded in 2006, and who have been quiet, are begening to talk about their concerns on the forums. To make matters worse, the forum mods seem to be playing favoritism, and are deleting posts at random. I think this poll from the Wurm Forums might interest you guys here:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/ ... -lif-poll/

In fact, LiF has become a major topic on the Wurm Online Forums.

In LiF, this is what I (and most other people in Wurm) hope for:
[*]A PvP enviornment where your stuff doesn't get raided over night and gone by the next time you log in (this is an issue in Wurm). I want a chance to actually defend my stuff.
[*]No random terreforming events that create craters and mountains, destroying towns in the process and making the landscape look aweful.
[*]Less grind. In Wurm, it takes months before you are good at anything. The skills are also set so that on PvP servers, players that have been around longer get a huge advantage.
[*]No insentives to buy and sell accounts. This was incredibly annoying in Wurm.
[*]A building system where you can design buildings, wall by wall, to be any shape you want. Wurm did this perfectly, and I would like to see this again in LiF.
[*]A PvE server. There is a huge amount of people that want to play in a sandbox mmo without the fighting part of it. In Wurm, this represents 90% of the playerbase.

Posteh

Post by Posteh » 27 Mar 2014, 18:54

:twisted:

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 27 Mar 2014, 19:47

Arowhun wrote:
In LiF, this is what I (and most other people in Wurm) hope for:
[*]A PvP enviornment where your stuff doesn't get raided over night and gone by the next time you log in (this is an issue in Wurm). I want a chance to actually defend my stuff. You will always have a chance to defend your stuff, multiple times in fact. Several instanced battles will take place and if won by the aggressor there will be a seige of the defending kingdom and upon the attacker being victorious yes they will loot and pillage your stuff.
[*]No random terrforming events that create craters and mountains, destroying towns in the process and making the landscape look aweful. Nope not here.
[*]Less grind. In Wurm, it takes months before you are good at anything. The skills are also set so that on PvP servers, players that have been around longer get a huge advantage. Definitely less grind here.
[*]No insentives to buy and sell accounts. This was incredibly annoying in Wurm. No incentive at all.
[*]A building system where you can design buildings, wall by wall, to be any shape you want. Wurm did this perfectly, and I would like to see this again in LiF. Design and build by blueprint menu or modular system just like the system you are used to using.
[*]A PvE server. There is a huge amount of people that want to play in a sandbox mmo without the fighting part of it. In Wurm, this represents 90% of the playerbase. Not gonna happen. Life is Feudal. In saying that though these people can live and be protected within the Main City where people will be able to have claims similar to Wurm in the fact that these "protected and un-raidable" claims will have a monthly $ fee or another completely different alternative would be to live within player kingdoms. Skill caps allow for specialization in all manner of crafting fields and other options as well such as hunting wild animals etc. I do suggest choosing a strong kingdom capable of protecting these people and they should flourish safely behind large city walls and castle structures.

Cndo
Alpha Tester

Post by Cndo » 27 Mar 2014, 20:05

Well finally done with Wurm, the moderator Jberg has had it out for me for a very long time and finally banned me again.

The posting constant pictures he mentions was posting "Doge" images ONCE IN A WHILE. Which was appealed, also free speech is not a thing on wurm forums.

Another example of GM favoritism though, yet another MR Chaos GM banning people who go against the glorious MR chaos.
Cndo - Adminstrator/Elder of Northmark Guild

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 27 Mar 2014, 20:26

I completely understand your frustration and anger about many issues going on "over there".

Let us try to keep this to a welcome wagon thread for people coming from "over there".

Above I answered a few questions someone asked but we need to move those questions over to the proper forum sections so we can have good debates and quality answers from the entire community.

Please try to refrain from posting issues going on "over there". I mean we all know they have enough problems without bashing them over the head here too.

Everything here I will leave, but let's leave it at that and welcome everyone from "over there". I am excited to see a lot of you and know that you will bring depth and drama that will drive the player base and make Life is Feudal an extremely rich and interesting world to be in.

Zehive
Alpha Tester

Post by Zehive » 27 Mar 2014, 21:31

Saxxon wrote:I completely understand your frustration and anger about many issues going on "over there".

Let us try to keep this to a welcome wagon thread for people coming from "over there".

Above I answered a few questions someone asked but we need to move those questions over to the proper forum sections so we can have good debates and quality answers from the entire community.

Please try to refrain from posting issues going on "over there". I mean we all know they have enough problems without bashing them over the head here too.

Everything here I will leave, but let's leave it at that and welcome everyone from "over there". I am excited to see a lot of you and know that you will bring depth and drama that will drive the player base and make Life is Feudal an extremely rich and interesting world to be in.

This is fair, its probably best to keep the wurm drama in its respective forum. Of course, when that doesn't work its best to keep it in teamspeak.

Keep them negative waves out of here.

Posteh

Post by Posteh » 27 Mar 2014, 22:30

I come from Wurm, started all way back in 2004 when I started college originally and was learning about coding, someone showed Wurm Online as an example of games produced in Java. I play pretty consistently for 10 years, and pretty much only focused on PvP. The game is a lot of fun, but the truth is Wurm really can only go so far. I think it's really at the peak amount of subscribers it will ever have (its actual current subscribers its lower than its peak in 2013 though) , and content-wise it's about as good as it gets. Graphically it will get better, but I feel it will always have its limitations by Java and development team.

I'm interested in LiF to see another game similar that maybe will have better growth and faster development with a larger team behind it as opposed to 1 single person calling the shots. The PvP system in Wurm Online was not very flattering either, and from the forums really there was little to no interest in reworking it -- just placing band-aids to make it look better.

Jackburton

Post by Jackburton » 27 Mar 2014, 22:32

I have to admit, at first I was put off by this game because I enjoyed Wurm so much. However, now that I have had some time to read the FAQ, watch some videos, and really dig around the website, I'm not at all embarrassed to say that I am psyched about seeing how this game turns out.

Arowhun

Post by Arowhun » 27 Mar 2014, 22:43

Guys

Lets build kyara

Kyara #9

and get Wossoo to be our king

and build the kingdom of Lómaner.

Who is with me?

waterwizard

Post by waterwizard » 27 Mar 2014, 23:02

propheteer here

bl-e/jk-c

fyi, for those i know and want to try and relive the DS days in another game

my ts is open, just hit me up

Wookie

Post by Wookie » 27 Mar 2014, 23:38

Snoo here

BL-e

Lookin forward to this.

Lockdown

Post by Lockdown » 27 Mar 2014, 23:59

:shock:

<3 lockdown

Protunia
Alpha Tester

Post by Protunia » 28 Mar 2014, 00:04

Oh hell ya!! o/

Welcome ALL to LiF! :Yahoo!:

Nice to see some of the more prominent PvP Wurmians arrive.

As you know we are in pre alpha atm....hoping to get past that this next week. During the test today the Server Lag was gone, but the different servers going down at times now and then was there still. So they will be working on that over the next week and hopefully knock that out so we can begin closed alpha.

Return to Newcomer Section