We’re glad to announce that we have just started our 4th testing run of our Closed Beta tests! Along with some bug fixes and improvements, we’re glad to also present to you one of the major features of our MMO - the Trading Post Economy!
Everyone can now build a Trade Post that acts as a private, secure storage for all characters on your account and as a point of trade with other players and The Crown.
You must keep in mind that, even though you can browse offers of all Trade Posts in the world, you will have to physically fetch coins and goods between Trade Posts. In order to remove the secure way to fetch goods/coins between Trade Posts, we’ve enabled the setting on the MMO servers, which will force you to drop all your inventory items on the ground before you get moved by a Homecoming Prayer.
Your Own servers admins will be able to enable or disable this setting in the server config, once we release a LiF:YO patch with this feature in the future.
You can buy and sell goods when you’re not in game too! Just visit your Dashboard (https://region-eu.lif.online/account/dashboard.php) on our site, select a character and browse the market!
We plan to switch all types of monument support to the Crown currency later on. So make sure that you accumulate a good amount of coins for your private or guild claim.
P.S. Battles are about 90% ready and are on the way! Expect these later in this wave.
P.P.S As part of the preparation for the multiple servers in different regions of the world, we’ve delegated character selection to the launcher, so it can patch the game world that is really needed for the character chosen. Make sure that you select the proper character in the launcher before playing the game.
Patch notes (ver. 0.9.2.0 MMO):
New features and tweaks:
- Trade Post complex feature implemented
- Implemented a server-side setting that allows to enable or disable all inventory items being dropped on the ground, when player uses Homecoming Prayer. This setting is ENABLED in MMO.
- Implemented 30 second timer during the logoff process. During that 30 seconds your character will be in game (even if you’ve closed your game or shut off the PC).
- Ability "Gloomelindhe" - you can now type /suicide (or drag the appropriate icon from General Action skills to your hotbar) to kill yourself in some situations. The ability will take 10 seconds to cast and can be interrupted
- Camera positions tweaked for different player states. In some cases 'hold to rotate camera' key may need rebinding in control settings.
- Skinning of an animal carcass will drop all skinned results into your inventory and will remove the carcass from the world
- You will see an oxygen bar, while under water. Drowning will be more visible and easy to understand now
- You can now place all tamed animals into carts and warehouses. Tweaked stables’ container sizes and animals food consumption ratio. Stable tick increased to 3 hours
- "Sow Flax" ability now requires 30 skill level
- You can erect a monument on paved tiles now
- You can now eat preparations while mounted
- “Slow” effect can now be removed by an “Arghh!” ability
- Optimized server to database communication
- Slightly optimized netcode
- You can no longer add fuel to the damaged devices
- Claims radius shown in tiles now (1 tile side = 2 meters)
- Added a new Bitbox logo intro
- Armor textures slightly tweaked and renewed
- Trebuchet now has lower projectile starting velocity. Inadequate siege projectile behavior also fixed.
- Grossmesser damage reduced
- Siege tent decay speed has been reduced
- New, improved Inspect ability
- Ability to prospect silver ore is now available from 0 skill lvl. Prospect for gold available from 60 skill lvl.
- Guild claims rendering distance is lowered
- Guild and private land maintenance price decreased
- Tweaked trees growing algorithm. Trees that are planted by players will grow faster now.
- Added new visuals for Newbie island weather
- Added a lot of models, textures and other visuals for the newbie island
- Few building recipes levels and ingredients reworked
- Multiple MMO infrastructure and services fixes. We expect an increased overall stability of things.
- Fixed improper inventory weight calculation after crossing the border between nodes
- Optimized collision models of some objects. This should boost servers performance slightly.
- Fixed an exploit bug making some players invulnerable