Combat Loggers’ Bane (0.10.16.0)
Along with a couple of fixes and tweaks, today we present a fix for an issue that has caused a desynchronization between the actual position of the disconnected player and his visual position. This made a combat logger basically invulnerable because it was almost impossible to hit their actual character in the 30 second timeout period for logout.
Patch notes (ver. 0.10.16.0):
New features and tweaks:
- Longbow projectile energy has increased from 3.5 to 3.65 (arrows will fly a bit further and hit a bit harder). Base stamina drain per shot has been lowered from 40 to 35.
- Tweaked and fixed some premium skins that had overlapping issues. This should fix the issue where you could see your shirt or breeches geometry showing through the premium skin geometry.
- Premium skins for the following in-game items should properly display now: Monk's outfit, Simple clothes, Decorated clothes, Blacksmith's outfit, Carpenter's outfit, Alchemist's outfit, Engineer's outfit, Cook's outfit.
- Fixed Broad Axe handle grip position. Characters should now hold it in a way that allows them to make wider swings, effectively increasing this weapon’s reach.
- Tweaked the Mentoring formula to allow you to start Mentoring at the 0 skill level now. This enables schools to work properly.
- Power hour booster cooldown is now 22 hours. This change was made according to your requests to be able to use it if you came back from work or school a bit earlier than usual.
Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
- Fixed a bug that was causing desynchronization between the actual position of the player and the visual position when the client disconnected. It will now be possible to hit and kill a person who has used any combat logging technique.
- Optimized part of a general network protocol (net_event). This should boost performance on heavily loaded servers.
- Optimized the melee and ranged combat network protocols. This should slightly reduce the amount of lag during a mass PvP engagement.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Trader’s Cart to become unusable after a server node border crossing
- Fixed a bug that prevented some players to do a homecoming ability across different server nodes
- Fixed an alignment value related bug that caused the inability to raise alignment on certain characters and raise it above certain alignment values
- Fixed a couple of bugs with player’s effects (including the boosters’ effects) and the way they were saved and transferred across server node borders
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect equipment behavior while traveling through a couple of server nodes and then returning back to your original node
- When dispatcher server is going down you will no longer be able to bypass the message window and keep on playing
- Fixed medieval snowman textures
- Female model shield hitbox and coordinates calculations are fixed. That should make blocking with female models more adequate.
- Fixed a Trader’s Cart mounting animation issue with incorrect shield flipping