English
English
Русский
简体中文
繁體中文
한국어
本語
Türkçe
ไทย
Tiếng Việt
Español
Português
Polski
Čeština
Français
Deutsch
Italiano
Magyar
get the game

Take away the grass detail options...

-10
Putting the grass detail to 0 is like messing with your server options to make flux more easy to obtain. So I think this option should be taken away so people don't take unrealistic short cuts that they wouldn't be able to take in real life. It's a little thing, but it's a big thing, when it comes to maintaining the goals of realism for the game.
Like
Comments (9)
  • Accepted Answer

    Monday, December 14 2015, 04:06 PM - #Permalink
    0
    True, but the problem is that some people have old pc or laptop so they need to lower the grass detail to be able to play the game...
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

    Monday, December 14 2015, 11:54 PM - #Permalink
    0
    So we should make an already tediously boring activity even more difficult? I am sorry but they put in the new graphics that make it next to impossible to see a herb, when and if they make herbs visible with the new graphics then and only then would I agree...grudgingly.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

    Friday, January 22 2016, 01:43 AM - #Permalink
    -2
    Dappe wrote:

    True, but the problem is that some people have old pc or laptop so they need to lower the grass detail to be able to play the game...


    Who cares? If you want to be a PC gamer, you should expect to have a good computer. Why should people who work hard for a high end computer be punished because others have no regards of buying a new computer? Most people that I know who have a bad computer, don't have one because they're broke, but rather because they rather use their money for other things. If that's the case, than why should people care that they can't support a particular game? Also this is an exploit, why shouldn't it be fixed? I'm being forced to use an exploit on a game that has much higher specs than other available games.

    My Suggestion: Make herbs and other objects be outlined within the grass detail. That will stop players from being punished for having higher settings.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

    Friday, March 04 2016, 03:03 AM - #Permalink
    0
    Honestly I'm in agreement with the need for grass to be ever present. Given that you can only have grass appear at so far of a distance away, it shouldn't affect anyone's gameplay hardly at all.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

    Monday, March 07 2016, 12:42 AM - #Permalink
    0
    Trenix wrote:

    If you want to be a PC gamer, you should expect to have a good computer. Why should people who work hard for a high end computer be punished because others have no regards of buying a new computer?


    How, exactly, is anyone being punished? You can play your way and others can play theirs. I have a computer that I built that will push the game on the highest settings and I also have a company laptop that I play on at work. The laptop can not push the higher details and it shows. The advantage of having a higher end computer is the level of detail and frame rate.

    Now, knowing I have played this game on a laptop with grass turned off, has your past experience with this game been diminished in any way? NO.

    Stop trying to dictate how others should play and what they should play on. Play your game and let others play theirs. It's like turning the rain/snow on or off. Some people like it, some don't. To each their own.
    Like
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

    Monday, March 07 2016, 11:16 PM - #Permalink
    0
    As some one who is running an older computer, I just tried to play a little with the grass on and the fps was not playable. I like that there is a mode where I can play this game.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

    Tuesday, March 08 2016, 01:41 PM - #Permalink
    1
    this is the worst option... wanna hide things like animal traps ? lol turn off grass !
    wanna see people easily ? turn off grass !
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

    Thursday, March 10 2016, 03:54 AM - #Permalink
    0
    I have a high end computer. How you figure my grass settings is an exploit on your end is beyond me. I turn my grass down because I don't like the way it looks and because I get motion sickness from certain types of in game movement. What makes you so special that your high end computer and graphics settings and the desires for your in game visuals should be more important than mine or people that don't have high end computers? When you can explain to me clearly how someone turning down their grass settings is an exploit or a problem for your running scheme of things because they are connected to your server then maybe you will convince me that this needs to be removed. When I pay for a game I expect a certain amount of control for my money. Obviously the Devs want to make money so they decided that excluding people with lower end graphics cards and computers was a bad idea where their pocket book is concerned and I agree with them. This is a selfish and self serving suggestion without any basis in fact in my opinion.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

    Saturday, March 19 2016, 10:33 PM - #Permalink
    0
    catalyst317 wrote:
    How, exactly, is anyone being punished? You can play your way and others can play theirs. I have a computer that I built that will push the game on the highest settings and I also have a company laptop that I play on at work. The laptop can not push the higher details and it shows. The advantage of having a higher end computer is the level of detail and frame rate.

    Now, knowing I have played this game on a laptop with grass turned off, has your past experience with this game been diminished in any way? NO.

    Stop trying to dictate how others should play and what they should play on. Play your game and let others play theirs. It's like turning the rain/snow on or off. Some people like it, some don't. To each their own.


    Actually yes, you are ruining my experience with this exploit because you want it to be available where I believe disabling grass should not be an option. Grass needs to be on or it impacts others experiences, especially for players who are interested in PvP. If you want to modify your game to have it disabled, that should be done on your end by other means. Advanced weather is not even remotely similar to the grass detail feature because it doesn't provide a disadvantage.

    I need to deal with this exploit because you want to play your game on your company laptop? Cool, so does that mean I can complain that my 10 year old computer can't support this game? Lets be a little realistic and reasonable here. Gaming computers are high-end for a reason. Surprised people take it to the heart that I don't care if someone can no longer support a game with low performance computer, it's just common sense. At the minimal required specs you should be able to run the game with grass enabled. So if you have specs lower than required, then what do you expect?

    Larainan wrote:

    I have a high end computer. How you figure my grass settings is an exploit on your end is beyond me. I turn my grass down because I don't like the way it looks and because I get motion sickness from certain types of in game movement. What makes you so special that your high end computer and graphics settings and the desires for your in game visuals should be more important than mine or people that don't have high end computers? When you can explain to me clearly how someone turning down their grass settings is an exploit or a problem for your running scheme of things because they are connected to your server then maybe you will convince me that this needs to be removed. When I pay for a game I expect a certain amount of control for my money. Obviously the Devs want to make money so they decided that excluding people with lower end graphics cards and computers was a bad idea where their pocket book is concerned and I agree with them. This is a selfish and self serving suggestion without any basis in fact in my opinion.


    The exploit allows players to easily find herbs. It allows players to easily find hidden animals traps which are currently useless for PvP since everyone has grass disabled on a public server. Nothing also can hide in grass, not players or objects, because of this exploit. Also as for your money, there are low performance games and high performance games. I was well aware of the specs of this game and it's clearly a higher performance game.

    I would not put money in a low performance game, because most are free to play. They're terrible for obvious reasons. The developers could only stretch so far to bringing low performance computers before it impacts those who want a quality game. This is feature a perfect example of affecting the quality of the game due to lower performance computers.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
Your Comment