Here are some suggestions for the game:
1) Add a trade harbor or trade hub and a trade system. This can be used to sell surplus and buy needed resources. This should only become active after the first expedition has been completed (contact with another village to trade with).
2) Add different kinds of skins for buildings, so that everything does not look the same.
3) Add child and senior skins for villagers, now everybody looks like an adult.
4) Let animals attack/defend themselves, a bear walking peacfully around in the town is not very realistic.
5) If point 4 is added, dogs could be added to be tamed and used by hunters to fend off agressive animals.
6) Extra resources such as gold and coal. Gold could be used for point 1 and coal could be an unlockable to mine as replacment for the excisting building in-game. Other resources could be jade, silver, marble etc. to trade, to build statues in the city or to build speciality buildings.
7) Speciality buildings such as a fire department (can be a horsecart with a barrel of water, so that villagers dont need to run from a well to the fire). A church to marry and give villagers a religion buff (work longer for the grace of god
) and a tax collecter office (if point 1 is added). All buildings can be upgraded, e.g. chapel > church > cathedral and to add a little extra challange, the 3th upgrade should be unlocked via expeditions or a school (see next point).
8) Research as a slower alternative to expeditions, or to add extra evolutions of speciality buildings including the school's own upgrade to a university.
9) Lights in houses and buildings that are being occupied, everything looks dark and cold now.
10) Outside lighting.
11) Automatic terraforming when placing buildings, the height could be adjusted by moving the building up or down before placing it.
12) Adding a military system and AI to defend your settlement from any discrovered hostile settlements during an expeditions (a system used like in "Olympus" or "Ceasar").
13) To be added if point 12 is approved: Raiding system for your troops to attach other off-map settlements and bring back spoils of war.
14) Ability to remove small puddles of water that are on the map.
15) Fog of war, do not show the island map before starting a game and only show the parts of the map were a villager has been or that is occupied by your settlement.
These are just a few suggestions I have, if the response is positive then I will add more.
Thank you and keep up the great work in updating the game!