Forget about Global Chat!
There is only one true way to deliver a message!
Check your bows! Ravens are flying!
This mod is part of BasilMods bundle.
This mod requires BasilMod::Pack v3+ installed running on the server.
This version is a standalone version, i.e. you do not require actual "raven" inventory item, or paper & ink to write and send messages.
Standalone version does not support personal address book for the character.
Server admin defines whenever you can send messages to anyone, or only within your guild.
There is no feedback on successful or failed delivery. Once you send your raven, there is no guarantee, that your message will be delivered. Thugs can shutdown your raven and intercept/read your message. Life is Feudal.
This mod is intended to be used in RP/PvP situations and in conjunction with other mods, like diplomacy. For instance, if you are planning a siege, and enemy scouts are looking for the ravens to get through your plans, or if you are under siege and calling for the help.
Client-side installation and configuration
Mod defines keyboard bind to create new message.
Default bind is "J".
You can change bind at game controls settings.
Server-side installation and configuration
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9z3yznf5w1s ... H1iKa?dl=0
- Download and place mod files into "BasilMod/ravens/" folder of server root. Dont miss the "client" folder.
- Alter configuration at BasilMod/ravens/config.cs file.
- Add this line to the end of your "main.cs" server script, or execute it in server console to load mod without server restart
This line should be added after BasilMod::pack mod.
- Play LiF.
Mod configuration is loaded from BasilMod/ravens/config.cs file. Available variable at config file:
- $BasilMod::Ravens::onlyGuildMembers = false;
Limit destination players to your guild.
- $BasilMod::Ravens::pickTimeout = 300000;
Timeout in seconds to pickup message from shutdown raven. If message is not readed, it will disappear.
- $BasilMod::Ravens::minMessageLength = 5;
Minimal allowed message length.