Development News #39 - ‘Custom Maps and Awesome Apps’

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #39 - ‘Custom Maps and Awesome Apps’

Post by Arrakis » 17 Feb 2017, 17:32

Hi, feudalists!

Breaking news! Second test run of LiF:ММО CBT(wave #1) will start on February 20th and we’re planning on it being held for two weeks - save the date and get excited!

The second bit of cool news is that LiF:YO custom maps are incoming thanks to a super smart users known as Teleon and Nyuton.

Teleon and Nyuton have opened two public testing servers. You can get involved and share your thoughts on the official forum thread.

For more information, check out the article.

We also want to touch upon the Life is Feudal:MMO app and the progress we’ve made with it.

The app is available on both Android and iOS and is compatible with the MMO only.

Keep connected to the Life is Feudal:MMO world while you’re on-the-go - featuring fun mini-games where you can store your results for later use in the Life is Feudal:MMO desktop app!

The mini-games in the app are: carpentry, forging, bowcraft, gathering, mining, logging, and materials preparation. The higher the score you achieve will give you a larger crafting bonus in the MMO. Check out the mini-game tutorial here for more information!

Thanks for reading this week’s development news!

- The team

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Development News #39 - ‘Custom Maps and Awesome Apps’

Post by Khan- » 17 Feb 2017, 17:33

Disponible en Français : sur Lifeisfeudal-fr.com

Wave 1 !!!!! Great !

edit : where are belltowers teased in last dev blog ? :(
Last edited by Khan- on 25 Feb 2017, 16:11, edited 4 times in total.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 17 Feb 2017, 17:36

zerrrr gutttt !!!!
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Phil27
Zealous Believer

Post by Phil27 » 17 Feb 2017, 17:53

just for 2 weeks ? :/

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 17 Feb 2017, 18:00

any info about JH timetable for this testrun?

ETA for server up? morning? day? evening?
Last edited by Karabas on 17 Feb 2017, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Calcifer89

Post by Calcifer89 » 17 Feb 2017, 18:16

is this wave 1 or wave 2 ?

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 17 Feb 2017, 18:37

Calcifer89 wrote:is this wave 1 or wave 2 ?

just read ?

Breaking news! Second test run of LiF:ММО CBT(wave #1) will start on February 20th and we’re planning on it being held for two weeks - save the date and get excited!

I just tried minigames on my phone... damn they are pretty hard for a first use
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Oleski
True Believer

Post by Oleski » 17 Feb 2017, 19:19

So after this 2 weeks, we gona have wave 2 or 2 month downtime?
Last edited by Oleski on 18 Feb 2017, 01:56, edited 1 time in total.

Tankoua
Zealous Believer

Post by Tankoua » 17 Feb 2017, 19:26

After the 2 weeks, is it the end of wave 1?!
How many time to restart wave 1 (or wave 2) after the 2 weeks?

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Post by Hallegra » 17 Feb 2017, 20:15

I can't be the only one concerned about another 2 week mmo test followed by 2 months of nothing... wave 2 is already 8mos delayed considering the announced wave 1 end date of summer 2016

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 17 Feb 2017, 20:31

Hallegra wrote:I can't be the only one concerned about another 2 week mmo test followed by 2 months of nothing... wave 2 is already 8mos delayed considering the announced wave 1 end date of summer 2016

I think a lot of people are concerned about a lot of things but don't really take the time to say it.

I'm REALLY confused because the information I've been reading, including "official" information, and what is being announced doesn't fit....

Way I see it, whoever got to play in the first Beta will get another 2 weeks starting on the 20th of February.

After that, more downtime and a wipe before beta 2 / wave 2 / test run 2 / open beta / basically the launch because open beta is the launch.

Which would mean that open beta / launch would be next month and not (as said previously) "towards the end of 2017.

Either way I'm fine with but I think they could seriously improve on their communication, it's very very messy.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 17 Feb 2017, 20:39

Linbaba wrote:After that, more downtime and a wipe before beta 2 / wave 2 / test run 2 / open beta / basically the launch because open beta is the launch.

Nowhere even near that. They are still working on getting the stuff stable to a point where it can stay open for longer periods. Also there is so much content to be added before wipe and beta 2 can happen. It's the summer for now as best case. Till then wave 1 "phases" or "testruns" with much smaller downtimes.

If they move to wave 2 next month or so that will mean broken big promise that will piss so many players.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 17 Feb 2017, 20:50

Sharana wrote:
Linbaba wrote:After that, more downtime and a wipe before beta 2 / wave 2 / test run 2 / open beta / basically the launch because open beta is the launch.

Nowhere even near that. They are still working on getting the stuff stable to a point where it can stay open for longer periods. Also there is so much content to be added before wipe and beta 2 can happen. It's the summer for now as best case. Till then wave 1 "phases" or "testruns" with much smaller downtimes.

If they move to wave 2 next month or so that will mean broken big promise that will piss so many players.

But it was confirmed that the one and only wipe would happen at the end of wave 1, which is relauching on the 20th and will end 2 weeks after.

So basically, wipe in 3 weeks or so... after wipe I don't know....

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 17 Feb 2017, 20:56

Linbaba wrote:But it was confirmed that the one and only wipe would happen at the end of wave 1, which is relauching on the 20th and will end 2 weeks after.

That's absolutely right, but who said wave 1 is ending in 2 weeks?

As of that date the system wasn't even in development as there are more important tasks first.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 17 Feb 2017, 21:45

Sharana wrote:
Linbaba wrote:But it was confirmed that the one and only wipe would happen at the end of wave 1, which is relauching on the 20th and will end 2 weeks after.

That's absolutely right, but who said wave 1 is ending in 2 weeks?

As of that date the system wasn't even in development as there are more important tasks first.

In the announcement :

doesn't "holding it for two weeks" mean that it will last two weeks?

development-news-39-lsquo-custom-maps-and-awesome-apps-rsquo-t22508/

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 17 Feb 2017, 21:47

This "phase 2" of wave 1 yes. The one in December last year (let's call it phase 1) was wave 1 as well.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 17 Feb 2017, 21:55

Sharana wrote:This "phase 2" of wave 1 yes. The one in December last year (let's call it phase 1) was wave 1 as well.

whatever it is, wave 1, test run 2 beta 1, or whatever, it's starting again on 20th, it's lasting 2 weeks, and at the end of it, there will be a wipe.

And the wipe, was (again, "officially") confirmed to mark the end of closed beta and start of open beta, athough now it seems that it was pushed back to the begining of beta 2 so that the time line goes like this :

-> wave 1 suspended
-> wave 1 relaunch 20th of February
-> relaunch will last 2 weeks
-> servers go down again (probably 2 weeks)
-> full wipe
-> beta 2 / wave 2 (not open beta)
-> maybe servers down again (maybe not)
-> open beta / soft launch

So the wipe has moved from the end of beta 2 and beginning of open beta to the end of beta 1 and the beginning of beta 2.

Though of course, I could be misinterpreting all of this information, but really, how complicated could it be?

Trance67
True Believer

Post by Trance67 » 17 Feb 2017, 22:08

Where was there a wipe mentioned to be happening at the end of this phase of Wave 1?

I haven't seen that anywhere that I've looked so far, so unless myself and several other people like Sharana are wrong, then this is just another part of Wave 1 which will not be wiped at the end.

It seems to me they'll take the servers down, do some updates, and bring them back up again. Hopefully much faster this time.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 17 Feb 2017, 22:36

Trance67 wrote:Where was there a wipe mentioned to be happening at the end of this phase of Wave 1?

I haven't seen that anywhere that I've looked so far, so unless myself and several other people like Sharana are wrong, then this is just another part of Wave 1 which will not be wiped at the end.

It seems to me they'll take the servers down, do some updates, and bring them back up again. Hopefully much faster this time.

here :

5. end of wave 1 means full wipe?
Answer: Yes, we've stated it in news.

1st-test-run-of-closed-beta-tests-is-over-t22043/page90/

As to your second paragraph, same post :

6. wave 2 will start immediately when wave 1 ends?
Answer: Well, might need a week or two to get everything prepared.

Trance67
True Believer

Post by Trance67 » 18 Feb 2017, 00:34

Yes I see. I think you're still not understanding their answers.

Yes there will definitely be a wipe at the end of Wave 1; I know it, you know it, everybody knows it.

However in 2 weeks it is NOT the END of Wave 1. It will be the end of one of the PARTS of Wave 1. Just as this rather long "holiday break" for the last 2 months was after the end of PART 1 of Wave 1, so too will this next break be between PART 2 and PART 3 of Wave 1.

Then the second thing you put up says that Wave 2 will not start immediately after Wave 1 ends. Which is fine, I never really expected that anyway.

Wave 2 is still not really scheduled to begin at any time. Wave 1 hasn't even ended yet! You're taking the end of another Part of Wave 1 and a break for them to fix things before another Part of Wave 1 into being the end of Wave 1. That's where you're getting things wrong.

Kedishka

Post by Kedishka » 18 Feb 2017, 02:03

I'm sorry but two weeks is not worth my time. I've been checking the forums daily to know when the servers come back on but two weeks. Time to move onto another game until at least wave two.

RaskolnickOFF
Beta Tester

Post by RaskolnickOFF » 18 Feb 2017, 06:46

two weeks is nothing.... news comes better and better :crazy:

Sycopata666
True Believer

Post by Sycopata666 » 18 Feb 2017, 11:00

Thats why corp mates think about this: we prefer keep in conan... Grats you are killing the fan base. Keep the autism. but nex time you decide sell a beta pass try to keep it Open to avoid people hate you.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 18 Feb 2017, 11:05

Trance67 wrote:Yes I see. I think you're still not understanding their answers.

Yes there will definitely be a wipe at the end of Wave 1; I know it, you know it, everybody knows it.

However in 2 weeks it is NOT the END of Wave 1. It will be the end of one of the PARTS of Wave 1. Just as this rather long "holiday break" for the last 2 months was after the end of PART 1 of Wave 1, so too will this next break be between PART 2 and PART 3 of Wave 1.

Please could you provide a source for your information? (like I did).

Arthur Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Arthur Pendragon » 18 Feb 2017, 12:45

Linbaba wrote:

You are both providing info based on asumptions, there is no evidence for or against there being more phases of Wave1.

The truth, after these two weeks of Phase2/Wave 1 nobody knows what will happen next...

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 18 Feb 2017, 12:49

Arthur Pendragon wrote:
Linbaba wrote:

You are both providing info based on asumptions, there is no evidence for or against there being more phases of Wave1.

The truth, after these two weeks of Phase2/Wave 1 nobody knows what will happen next...

he is, I'm not, I provided a link to a thread in which Arrakis answered those questions, and I copy pasted the answers in response to recent questions.

The only thing that hasn't been said officialy (afaik) and for which it seems no one has official informatin, is how many parts Wave 1 / Beta 1 will have.

We all knew there would be 2, but it wasn't confirmed anywhere whether there would be 2, 3, 4, or 29 parts to wave 1..

Aout
True Believer

Post by Aout » 18 Feb 2017, 14:47

2 weeks ? So our trees still won't be grown up at the end. :(

I mean ... we had like 2 weeks to "test" grinding up our skills. Now we have 2 weeks to "test" waiting for our shit to grow. At least speed things up x10 ..

Oleski
True Believer

Post by Oleski » 18 Feb 2017, 16:38

Someone can tell my why it will be only 2 weeks open?
Just the reason. Im just assuming, they will colect data from 2 weeks, and closed server. So why they can't collect data from next 2 weeks and just dont closed server? Just dont get it. What that bothers?
What i have seen, that server running 24/7 they just closed, but not shutdown.

Zodiac2809
True Believer

Post by Zodiac2809 » 18 Feb 2017, 18:04

This is the latest roadmap that was postet from Arrakis:
http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/feeling-enlightened-now-t21250/

But we want to clarify that, generally those stages/waves plan will be executed, just with a few corrections

Just FYI

Greetz
Zodiac

Falkvard
Beta Tester

Post by Falkvard » 18 Feb 2017, 18:09

Oleski wrote:Someone can tell my why it will be only 2 weeks open?
Just the reason. Im just assuming, they will colect data from 2 weeks, and closed server. So why they can't collect data from next 2 weeks and just dont closed server? Just dont get it. What that bothers?
What i have seen, that server running 24/7 they just closed, but not shutdown.

In my opinion if they leave the MMO servers open, they will need to attend, solve issues, they will keep receiving bug reports etc. which will take away some of their effort from fixing the bugs and programming. In the end it would delay wave 2. There is the time of observing and then there is the time of working on what you have observed. You cant do both efficiently at the same time.

Return to Development News