Development News #57 - ‘Trading Posts, Crowns and Taxes’

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis
Website & Forum Manager

Development News #57 - ‘Trading Posts, Crowns and Taxes’

Post by Arrakis » 23 Jun 2017, 17:36

rimg

Hey Feudalists!

Today we would like to share with you a few details about one of the key features of our upcoming MMO. We are going to implement it at the start of the next CBT wave: Trading Posts.

A trading post can be built by any player at any place on the map, however, it is strongly advised to construct it on a personal or guild claim area to save it from decay. Any player who has access to the trading post will be able to store a few items in their personal stall at the post (the slot is shared between all the characters of any single account in any single world).

rimg

However, the main function of a trading post is the ability to put personal items from a player's stall for sale at this trading post as well as buying items from other players.

rimg

Important feature: to buy items you will have to bring the money to this particular trading post by yourself as well as take care of the delivery of your purchases from the post to your home (yes yes, we know, we are working hard to provide you with horse pulled carts as soon as possible).

Also, there is an option to sell your valuable items to the crown at trading posts to get Crown's golden coins for them. Later these golden coins will be the only way of supporting all types of monuments in the game.

There are also plans to implement the taxation system which will allow players and guilds to receive:
    — taxes from private claims on the territory of a guild claim
    — a fee for the storage of items in trading posts
    — an additional commission for trading post listings

We would like to get to know you all a little better, so it would be awesome and greatly appreciated if you wouldn’t mind spending a few minutes of your time to complete our survey here: https://goo.gl/oqoK66
It is completely anonymous and not associated with the storage of your personal data in any way, nor are we going to sell the date to any third party. It is needed only for us to get a better understanding of the community.

Our 'Emotions gatherer' contest is being prolonged!
Send the video and audio recording of you playing LiF to contest@lifeisfeudal.com.

You can find more details here

We would like to specifically highlight that we do not expect any fancy Hollywood-style movies from you, a typical LiF experience and your emotions are all that matter for this contest!

— The team

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Development News #57 - ‘Trading Posts, Crowns and Taxes’

Post by Khan- » 23 Jun 2017, 17:38

Disponible en Français : sur Lifeisfeudal-fr.com

great !
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 23 Jun 2017, 18:00

Nice devblog, but still - is the CBT # delayed for July :)

About the trading ... I wonder how much soil and water will the players sell to the system for coins :crazy:

Xzg0
True Believer

Post by Xzg0 » 23 Jun 2017, 19:19

XENO TAVERN
TS: ts3.xenotavern.com
http://youtube.com/xenotavern
http://facebook.com/XenoTavern
Zapraszamy umiłowanych w PvP i coop.

Baal
True Believer

Post by Baal » 23 Jun 2017, 19:24

Cool stuff.
Have a question : about the first image of the man carrying a log, is it a teaser of a new animation for log carrying you are going to implement ? it would be great.

and loving the new potion with colored label :beer:

BlackHarlock
True Believer

Post by BlackHarlock » 23 Jun 2017, 20:31

As I can see from the image........is impossible to eliminate the grass inside the constructions ?????? very very ugly :evil: :evil: :evil:

Some1Else
True Believer

Post by Some1Else » 23 Jun 2017, 20:58

Arrakis wrote:Later these golden coins will be the only way of supporting all types of monuments in the game.

What exactly does that mean? Does it mean, that as soon as i build a monument, i am dependent on having a trading post available to keep my monument fed? If the trading post is a architecture building as it is right now, i could imagine there will be a gap between setting up my monument and the trading post becoming available for building, meaning i won't be able to support it for the first days/weeks of playing, resulting in my claim collapsing?

Sincere regards,
Some1Else

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 23 Jun 2017, 21:03

Some1Else wrote:
Arrakis wrote:Later these golden coins will be the only way of supporting all types of monuments in the game.

What exactly does that mean? Does it mean, that as soon as i build a monument, i am dependent on having a trading post available to keep my monument fed? If the trading post is a architecture building as it is right now, i could imagine there will be a gap between setting up my monument and the trading post becoming available for building, meaning i won't be able to support it for the first days/weeks of playing, resulting in my claim collapsing?

Sincere regards,
Some1Else

it is my understanding that these are the same gold coins that will be minted by smithies. "Not premium currency"

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 23 Jun 2017, 21:09

Some1Else wrote:

Sincere regards,
Some1Else

No one said there won't be few trading posts in the capital :)

Kildrith wrote:it is my understanding that these are the same gold coins that will be minted by smithies. "Not premium currency"

Kingdom minted coins won't be soon. And who said it will be smiths or even players "minting" them?

Elgar

Post by Elgar » 23 Jun 2017, 21:14

BlackHarlock wrote:As I can see from the image........is impossible to eliminate the grass inside the constructions ?????? very very ugly :evil: :evil: :evil:

Update 1.1.5.7 in October 2016 removed grass under buildings, but this was reverted back a month later. This is the answer I got from devs when I sent them a report :

It's very sad, but we have to revert back these changes as they cause a client crash for some user,
It was a very anticipating fix for me as well and i will try to return it back
"Life is Feudal punches you in the mouth and then laughs at you for bleeding." - Saxxon

Return to Development News