Development News #64 - Almost there!

What are we currently working on.
User avatar
Arrakis
 
Posts: 3795
Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 14:11
Location: Sparksvaard, the middle world; the world of people.

Development News #64 - Almost there!

Post by Arrakis » 11 Aug 2017, 17:41

rimg


Hey, Feudalists!

Firstly, we would like to announce that CBT#5 testing is planned to start on the 17th of August 2017. Keep in mind that it will last as long as needed until we are ready for the next stage of tests.

Secondly, we plan to wipe and shuffle all map resources after the end of the CBT#5. Keep this information in mind before making decisions between grinding vs having fun in PvP, RP or exploration!

Lastly, we’re working on in-game physics optimization, especially in battle instances. We believe that we’re moving in the right direction with these optimizations, though it does take some time.

Here: are also some art updates for you to check out:


Stay with us!

P.S. Don’t forget to check out Brightlocker where you can earn exclusive Life is Feudal perks and rewards.

— The team


User avatar
Khan-
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: 18 Apr 2015, 15:12
Location: France

Re: Development News #64 - Almost there!

Post by Khan- » 11 Aug 2017, 17:42

Disponible en Français : sur Lifeisfeudal-fr.com


Great news !
:D
Last edited by Khan- on 11 Aug 2017, 18:07, edited 1 time in total.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Image
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter


Hallegra
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 135
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 00:13

Re: Development News #64 - Almost there!

Post by Hallegra » 11 Aug 2017, 18:04

I'm seeing a lot more merchandising like clothes, toys, and even a $1000+ helmet...

I find this somewhat concerning as there are many things that have yet to be implemented into the game to make the MMO the experience is it expected to be yet the amount of things people can buy is ever-increasing at a much higher rate than things implemented into the game itself.

Frankly, a helmet, 3 or 4 accessories and a shirt is more new things than has been implemented into the game since december. Think about that for a second. There is more new merchandise for a beta game being released than new items/features.

I love life is feudal and think there is no game like it, but this trend of monetizing a game that is not fully available is concerning.


Paparia
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 36
Joined: 25 Sep 2014, 07:45

Re: Development News #64 - Almost there!

Post by Paparia » 11 Aug 2017, 20:25

is this doors i see on the tower model ?
More info plz..... prety plz with a chery on top :P
Image


Paparia
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 36
Joined: 25 Sep 2014, 07:45

Re: Development News #64 - Almost there!

Post by Paparia » 11 Aug 2017, 20:31

Hallegra wrote:I'm seeing a lot more merchandising like clothes, toys, and even a $1000+ helmet...

I find this somewhat concerning as there are many things that have yet to be implemented into the game to make the MMO the experience is it expected to be yet the amount of things people can buy is ever-increasing at a much higher rate than things implemented into the game itself.

Frankly, a helmet, 3 or 4 accessories and a shirt is more new things than has been implemented into the game since december. Think about that for a second. There is more new merchandise for a beta game being released than new items/features.

I love life is feudal and think there is no game like it, but this trend of monetizing a game that is not fully available is concerning.


thats a metal shield and how it looks when damaged not a helmet

and yes they plan to add cool looking primitive shovels on the cash shop so you can buy them and win the game


thats random pics from the art department to give us something more than a wall of text

now complain about my reply
Image

User avatar
JackStark
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 51
Joined: 24 Mar 2016, 23:45

Re: Development News #64 - Almost there!

Post by JackStark » 11 Aug 2017, 21:00

two questions arakis; (1) will instanced battles be ready for cbt 5, (2) for the map wipe, will this be leading into cbt6? or are you guys talking about obt coming after cbt5?

User avatar
Jakeman
Alpha Tester
 
Posts: 131
Joined: 07 Feb 2014, 20:02

Re: Development News #64 - Almost there!

Post by Jakeman » 11 Aug 2017, 21:52

JackStark wrote:two questions arakis; (1) will instanced battles be ready for cbt 5, (2) for the map wipe, will this be leading into cbt6? or are you guys talking about obt coming after cbt5?


i hope its open beta after CBT5 because goodluck trying to get players to play if the map wipes and its CBT6

User avatar
JackStark
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 51
Joined: 24 Mar 2016, 23:45

Re: Development News #64 - Almost there!

Post by JackStark » 11 Aug 2017, 22:18

that's what i was thinking jake! that's why some clarity, and a NEW TIMELINE, would be helpful. is this obt coming or cbt 6?

User avatar
Negan
Devoted Believer
 
Posts: 88
Joined: 10 Jan 2015, 21:03

Re: Development News #64 - Almost there!

Post by Negan » 12 Aug 2017, 11:07

Disponible en Castellano! : www.cuervosdelatormenta.com


:beer:


Hallegra
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 135
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 00:13

Re: Development News #64 - Almost there!

Post by Hallegra » 13 Aug 2017, 04:15

Paparia wrote:
thats a metal shield and how it looks when damaged not a helmet

and yes they plan to add cool looking primitive shovels on the cash shop so you can buy them and win the game


thats random pics from the art department to give us something more than a wall of text

now complain about my reply


Um, Paparia I think you misinterpreted what I said. I was referring to the merchandise available from the brightlocker linked in the original announcement, not the concept art/models that are there as well.

User avatar
Elindor
True Believer
 
Posts: 189
Joined: 20 Dec 2013, 18:48

Re: Development News #64 - Almost there!

Post by Elindor » 14 Aug 2017, 13:44

JackStark wrote:... is this obt coming or cbt 6?


From the sounds of it, CBT 5 will be an unknown amount of time (a couple weeks, a month, 2 months +?) and then after that will be OBT / Soft Launch...


Leonidall
Devoted Believer
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 21 Oct 2016, 22:00

Re: Development News #64 - Almost there!

Post by Leonidall » 15 Aug 2017, 18:21

Are not you tired of not keeping your promises?
The fourth wave was optional. Now you create a fifth wave?


IconiKRon
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 19:35

Re: Development News #64 - Almost there!

Post by IconiKRon » 16 Aug 2017, 12:57

I hope I get my Call to test soon as well :D

User avatar
Forresthunt
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 115
Joined: 31 Dec 2016, 11:48

Re: Development News #64 - Almost there!

Post by Forresthunt » 17 Aug 2017, 00:02

Great news, CBT5 started sooner that I thought it would, good job guys.

Question; I got confuse with new system, war totems and all the new implements. Is the JH still on? It must be right? how otherwise the little guys would get under each other skin.

also, I seen conflicting information about monuments.
Is it still:
Register on page + 10 players + standard YO materials?
or something different all together?

looking forward to it. keep the CBT5 on for as long as you need to polish the game to higher OBT standard.


Null7238
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 27
Joined: 17 Mar 2014, 01:00

Re: Development News #64 - Almost there!

Post by Null7238 » 17 Aug 2017, 16:18

are the developers going to talk about the very large elephant in the room? there is almost no one playing this game at the moment.

I have lost all faith in the development team who continually finds ways to milk us for our hard earned money, push out extremely small updates for a team of the size and constantly breaks promises. I realize the game is niche, but competing with albion, RoA, etc is going to leave this game dead sooner than later. The developers in my opinion are raking in the cash while they can so they can take their money and run


Greyduel
True Believer
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 10 Jul 2014, 06:30

Re: Development News #64 - Almost there!

Post by Greyduel » 17 Aug 2017, 17:38

is CBT 5 just not happening today?


LordOfWar19
True Believer
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 04 Nov 2016, 15:58

Re: Development News #64 - Almost there!

Post by LordOfWar19 » 17 Aug 2017, 18:14

still waiting too. F5 is running hot , but it would be nice to be informed if the waiting will be rewarded today!

User avatar
Borgar
True Believer
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 22:57

Re: Development News #64 - Almost there!

Post by Borgar » 17 Aug 2017, 20:06

agreed, waiting for CBT 5

User avatar
Arrakis
 
Posts: 3795
Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 14:11
Location: Sparksvaard, the middle world; the world of people.

Re: Development News #64 - Almost there!

Post by Arrakis » 17 Aug 2017, 20:08

It's on!



Mightyhobbit716
True Believer
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 15 Aug 2017, 23:30

Re: Development News #64 - Almost there!

Post by Mightyhobbit716 » 17 Aug 2017, 21:51

hello quick question been trying to get into beta but none of the character names i pick are able to be used, is there something im missing for naming rules? Because ive used these names on YO servers for awhile.


Leonidall
Devoted Believer
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 21 Oct 2016, 22:00

Re: Development News #64 - Almost there!

Post by Leonidall » 18 Aug 2017, 21:14

Null7238 wrote:are the developers going to talk about the very large elephant in the room? there is almost no one playing this game at the moment.

I have lost all faith in the development team who continually finds ways to milk us for our hard earned money, push out extremely small updates for a team of the size and constantly breaks promises. I realize the game is niche, but competing with albion, RoA, etc is going to leave this game dead sooner than later. The developers in my opinion are raking in the cash while they can so they can take their money and run


thats the reality

Return to Development News