Feeling enlightened now!

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Arrakis
Website & Forum Manager

Feeling enlightened now!

Post by Arrakis » 30 Nov 2016, 19:20

Life is Feudal: MMO

We have received an overwhelming amount of a feedback and questions since our previous news announcement, and would like to clarify few things for you - our players!

On the 25th of May, we made an announcement about Life is Feudal: MMO beta testing stages. Those plans got stretched by reality (cruel world!) and we later reviewed them with our new publishing partners. But we want to clarify that, generally those stages/waves plan will be executed, just with a few corrections. The new rough plan should look as follows:

Beta Wave #0
This test was completed quite a while ago.

Beta Wave #1
Who is eligible: All our current Life is Feudal:MMO testers + those who had purchased any of supporter packs on our site or has won an access
Start date (aprox.): We plan a couple of testing runs for this wave with the first one starting on the 14th of December 2016. Plans for the next testing runs of Wave#1 will be announced shortly after the end of the first one.
Duration (aprox.): A few months, hopefully we will finish late Q1 2017
Wipe at the end?: Yes
Map resources shuffle?: Yes

Beta Wave #2
Who is eligible: Everyone who has Life is Feudal: Your Own in their Steam library or who purchased supporter packs or who have acquired a ticket for their character in-game
Start date (aprox.): In a few weeks after the end of Beta Wave #1
Duration (aprox.): 0.5 - One year
Wipe at the end?: No
Map resources shuffle?: No

Release!
Who is eligible: Everyone who has Life is Feudal: Your Own in their Steam library or who purchased supporter packs or who have acquired a ticket for their character in-game
Start date (aprox.): A few weeks after the end of Beta Wave #2
Duration (aprox.): Infinite!
Wipe at the end?: No
Map resources shuffle?: No

- The team

ROG
Beta Tester

Re: Feeling enlightened now!

Post by ROG » 30 Nov 2016, 22:07

2017 ? #2 2018 #3 2019
Last edited by ROG on 30 Nov 2016, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 30 Nov 2016, 22:09

2017 !
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

ROG
Beta Tester

Post by ROG » 30 Nov 2016, 22:22

Khan-Bjornsen wrote:2017 !

не бери в голову ))) просто у меня кнопка аннигиляции на LIF стоит на 31.12.2016)))
есть такое слово у русских терпение и оно походу лопнуло)))
Last edited by ROG on 30 Nov 2016, 22:39, edited 1 time in total.

Popers
Beta Tester

Post by Popers » 30 Nov 2016, 22:39

No wipe after wave#2? I don't think it's a good idea..

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 30 Nov 2016, 22:46

Popers wrote:No wipe after wave#2? I don't think it's a good idea..

That was to be expected. Would be too big popularity hit if there is wipe after 1 year, esp if everyone can take part in wave 2 which can be considered soft release. Everyone has access to it like it was released, it's not fully finished, so they keep the open beta as shield for bug and exploit reports like 1 year. That's popular nowdays.

Other then that why would it be bad idea?

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 30 Nov 2016, 23:48

Sharana wrote:
Popers wrote:Other then that why would it be bad idea?

Because all the planning I had roughly scheduled for now has to be accelerated.

LOL - Who am I kidding. I've been planning for 2 years! :D

Kingdom of Hyperion founding member - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Cian
Alpha Tester

Post by Cian » 01 Dec 2016, 00:18

I don't post much. But I must register my disappointment with this decision.

Not shuffling resources and wiping after Wave 2 is a mistake. While it may seem like a purely sensible business decision, it says two things to me.

1. You don't expect any new customers following the competion of wave 2.

or

2. You don't care if you get new customers after the completion of Wave 2.

This is only my opinion. Please understand that a lack of desire to wipe after wave 2 will almost guarantee that new players will find no interest in the game.

Please consider these points:

* New players will get scared away because of 1yr + experience and advancement of beta players.

* New players will assume the best spots for building are taken and will wait for the "next" big sandbox game that they can get into on release and compete in.

* A population of Alpha/Beta players will burn out and perhaps not play nor dedicate any more funds to LIF MMO or have moved on to other games in the mean time.

All these things which are admittedly unpredictable may affect the total game population and thus the game experience for those of us that stuck around.

Please consider a fresh start after wave 2 in order to maximize interest in the game and it's player population. Nobody wants used socks on release date. They want fresh socks :D

Popers
Beta Tester

Post by Popers » 01 Dec 2016, 00:53

Sharana wrote:Other then that why would it be bad idea?

I doubt wave#2 will be bugless, so i'm worrying that some guilds may get advantage by exploiting bugs or unstable/not yet balanced mechanics of the game. And this fact may couse some people to get tired with the game. This players could come back after wipe and main release, but otherwise may not come back..
On the other hand people joining during official release may come into the world of many abandoned or semi active settlements, and couple dominating guilds located in some parts of the map, probably raiding each other and who they can due to not yet stable economy and lack of players.
So server might be separated into high level guilds who has everything, and many primitive eq newbs who don't have anything, and can't even start economy due to being constantly raided by bored high level pvpers, and lack of "middle class". So it may apear to newcomers as a ugly unpleasant and boring world

I guess everything depends on how will server look at the end of wave#2 but i wouldn't be so optimistic.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 01 Dec 2016, 01:19

Why do you think that the entire future population will join on the release date in one sunny day of 2018? In MMOs people come and go - that's endless process. If there is no advertisement every game will die after some time, because old players just get bored and find newer game. Using the same argument are we going to have wipe every 6 months or every year, so that it's more pleasurable for new players?

The truth is that players don't like wipes and won't have fun knowing everything they do and pay for in the next year will be reseted on random day during 2018, because they call it a release.
If it was few weeks to a month or two fine, but open beta will last year with everyone knowing about it now playing at that point.
That's very easy way to kill good part of the actually active community who will say f*** it, game X just came out - I will better start there, it's something new and I don't want to grind 1 year in LiF just to come back to the point where I was.
This is serious gamble in a hope to bring more new players that will substitute the old core - and such gamble is not popular those days. All MMOs I played the last 3 years have gone this patch - soft release with the wipe starting "open beta", they start collecting money and just call "release" some time later, one of those is still in open beta after more then a year and reset will absolutely kill it (not that they are planning one, that was the reason so many players actually started playing during the open beta and payed for ingame stuff).

Year or two after the start (be it open beta or release) the population is not the same, either are the groups, but most big guilds actually are almost always small core of old players with mass "new" players that either become "old" after another year or just leave the group/the game. That happens always and that's normal. So what's the reason to assume that all new players will just form new groups and start from scratch instead of joining one of the already existing ones that are always recruiting to compensate the loss of players leaving or stopping playing. LiF is very hardcore, political and guilds orientated game - if you are not part of big guild or alliance you are in for a very hard time be it day 1 or 1001. That's what "vassals" and "training guilds" are for in such games - to start under protection, to be explained how to do stuff time effectively (+tricks from veterans) and get starting gear. In exchange you are part of the guild that recruited you, fight for them and later when you understand the game you either leave them if they are not really to your taste or become loyal member. No one said every new player / few players will start by building monument, tiny shacks and everything from scratch without even getting under the protection of someone bigger.

EDIT: If there are exploits - that's what GMs and bans are for. Not to mention that if the game gets popular there might be new servers like NA, EU-2, Asia etc - consider them fresh starts.

Return to News and Information