[MMO] Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
User avatar
Arrakis
 
Posts: 3851
Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 14:11
Location: Sparksvaard, the middle world; the world of people.

[MMO] Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Arrakis » 24 Nov 2017, 13:26

Life is Feudal: MMO


Our current warmfix is mainly dedicated to fixing the rampaging issue of some users’ finding themselves stuck on “Patching 0/9” - more detailed patch notes are below

Patch notes (ver. 0.10.8.0):

New features and tweaks:
  • You can now use “Deconstruct” ability on the unfinished Guild monuments standing on your guild claim
  • Weapon durability loss rate decreased
  • Price of the items sold to the Crown now depends on the durability of the item
  • You can no longer drop soils in drop bags anymore
  • Believer’s hammer can now be properly used in the forge and for paving
  • Updated moving speed for some substances (slightly tweaked)
  • Rebalanced jewelry luck rates to be more adequate
  • You can no longer barter items that are equipped on your character. Unequip them first and then initiate a barter. This was done to prevent numerous weird bugs and incorrect behavior.
  • GMs have received a /SUMMON console command that will allow them to summon players to their position. Helping out bugged players will be way easier now! Note: if you simply got stuck in a hole or a mine, you will still have to use Gloomelindhe (suicide), because it is a gameplay situation.
Bug fixes and optimizations:
  • Fixed notorious “Patching 0/9 8/9” bug that prevented some users from entering the game properly
  • Optimized dispatcher server, which should improve overall experience of players
  • Fixed German language localization issue that prevented them from seeing “Social” tab on the character window. Well, we’ve fixed it by changing text on icons :)
  • Partial fix of horses disappearance while crossing server nodes borders
  • Fixed a bug when some items disappeared if you’re stacking them without a free space in the container
  • You can no longer harness a horse that is already harnessed or being ridden by a player
Our next biggest goal now is to fix server node crossing bugs, especially those that cause loss of horses/horse pulled carts. There is no ETA for a fix yet, but we’re working hard and hope to have some results next week.

We are also aware that your premium subscription status sometimes gets lost with all the skins and buffs while crossing server nodes borders. Don’t worry, just relog and you’ll be fine! We’re working on a fix for this feature too.

— The team


User avatar
Khan-
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: 18 Apr 2015, 15:12
Location: France

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Khan- » 24 Nov 2017, 13:28

Disponible en Français : sur Lifeisfeudal-fr.com



thanks
Last edited by Khan- on 24 Nov 2017, 14:14, edited 1 time in total.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Image
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter


Opagt
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 29 Apr 2017, 22:13

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Opagt » 24 Nov 2017, 13:35

Woot, more bug fixing :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!: :Yahoo!:


MagnarTW
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 23 Oct 2016, 11:46

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by MagnarTW » 24 Nov 2017, 13:36

Is it intentional that failed taming attempts no longer result in increased animal lore?

If so that is a pretty terrible "feature"

With the scarcity of animals as it is im lucky if i find 5 -10 tamable animals in 5 hours of gameplay.

Currently you would need around 700 successful tames to get from 30 - 60.

At 10 animals a day that is over 2 months of grinding 5 hours a day ie about 350 hours just to get to 60.

This must be a bug... i hope


Lahuzer
Alpha Tester
 
Posts: 40
Joined: 27 Oct 2013, 18:58

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Lahuzer » 24 Nov 2017, 13:43

So... Something got messed up. You cant lvl animal lore from giving mushrooms to sows anymore. Just get "failed" message that it dont like my treat. I could lvl it before the patch. And nothing in patch about it being changed.

Also my bonus hour from my sub doesnt work. When I try to activate it it brings me to shop and asks me to buy another hour. And I havent used a hour for over 48 hours so that aint it...

Fix this shit please. Thx.
Last edited by Lahuzer on 24 Nov 2017, 14:03, edited 2 times in total.


Dewulfix
Devoted Believer
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 14 Jun 2014, 12:51

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Dewulfix » 24 Nov 2017, 13:59

You guys have to also increase the training shield durability against training weapons.


BlackDeath01
Devoted Believer
 
Posts: 34
Joined: 11 Dec 2014, 09:11

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by BlackDeath01 » 24 Nov 2017, 14:00

There is still problems with loadings and connections but i able to join world first time after this patch to eu server my problem was loading world 3/9 and lost connection again in game after joined to avalon


Zehive
Alpha Tester
 
Posts: 50
Joined: 25 Mar 2014, 05:11

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Zehive » 24 Nov 2017, 14:13

Yeah the animal lore gains need reversed... this isn't gonna fly. Its either tame animals or make several dozen coops.. Its like what, .02 skill per action? Takes nearly a day for enough shit to accumulate? Can harvest eggs every hour or so? Every other skill tree can skill up super fast, my group of friends including ppl who just started monday are already putting a keep up, yet animal lore has just become the slowest skill in the game preventing ppl from having rope, leather and if it wasnt for over +30 skill myself bone glue wouldnt even be possible. What the hell?


Uno
 
Posts: 229
Joined: 01 Apr 2014, 19:39

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Uno » 24 Nov 2017, 14:42

Arrakis wrote:[*] Partial fix of horses disappearance while crossing server nodes borders


What is this supposed to mean? Do horses disappear when crossing server nodes or do they not anymore?


C.lichtenwald
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 23 Oct 2017, 17:05

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by C.lichtenwald » 24 Nov 2017, 14:46

i ended up loosing my ticket abella because this problem. now i cant play. would a mod or dev please put a ticket into my account so i can play

User avatar
Grimmblut
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 114
Joined: 07 Apr 2015, 16:42

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Grimmblut » 24 Nov 2017, 16:23

@Arrakis

What about some patch notes regarding the fact that you effectively removed hunters from the game:
- salmon gives 1 food from cooking with nature's lore instead of 10, rendering fishing useless
- failed attempts on animal lore no longer provide skill gain. Current skill gain for taming a horse (skill multiplier 2) is 0.1.

It has become virtually impossible for hunters to skill animal lore to 90 (required to manage large stables). Only players who have reached animal lore pre-patch will be able to manage those.

Two additional questions:

1)
Has it become Bitbox's new policy to only include seemingly positive changes in the patch notes while leaving catastrophically negative ones out, like you did with the weapon skill nerf?

2)
Has it become Bitbox's new policy to enforce a pay to win mechanic by forcing player to buy death insurances or face the loss of skill points that took in earlier versions of the game at most some hours to re-skill, but now may take weeks or month to re-skill (many weapon skills at 90 or some trading skills like animal lore above 30)?

User avatar
Deathstar
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 23
Joined: 21 Jan 2016, 22:37

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Deathstar » 24 Nov 2017, 16:41

I agree, if you are going to make significant changes like this, COMMUNICATE them! We're left to guess if this was a "fix" or a balance tweak. If it was a fix - Will the exploiters be punished? If it was a tweak - Why wait until shortly after the MMO release to change this, especially since there are no further wipes?


Etanolo
True Believer
 
Posts: 11
Joined: 01 Nov 2016, 12:00

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Etanolo » 24 Nov 2017, 16:45

At the moment people who exploited the system have 90+ on Animal Lore with little effort from them (few hours of grinding). Who didn't (having issue joining the world, or just because joined later) will need many weeks of power grind to reach it. This is not acceptable, and game breaking. Many new players are already talking about leaving the game and asking for refund, if possible.
I see only 2 solution for the issue.
Solution 1, revert the change to AL and let people level up as we did in the last month of CBT.
Solution 2, nerf the Animal Lore skill level of everybody to 30, or less and increase the skill gain for successful taming. When i say increase i mean 5x or more.


Zehive
Alpha Tester
 
Posts: 50
Joined: 25 Mar 2014, 05:11

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Zehive » 24 Nov 2017, 16:47

I think the biggest kicker is the only ppl with any problem with AL gains and how it was being done seems to be the devs...

And the change they brought in was effectively a "Stop gaining animal lore PERIOD" change instead of a "we fixed an unrelated bug causing easy AL grinding" change.


Hares
True Believer
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 May 2017, 12:35

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Hares » 24 Nov 2017, 17:09

:evil: When I heard about the game for the first time I thought to myself: A dream comes true. Now after many frustrating months and 120 euros poorer, I think: What a nightmare ... Now I'm sure that you want to destroy the game by all means! Finally, after many many difficult months, the game is almost playable and you thank your community with changes that make the game deliberately frustrating! The worst thing about this whole story is that you are not covering up all those nasty changes and the players are stupid again ..... :evil:

User avatar
Arrakis
 
Posts: 3851
Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 14:11
Location: Sparksvaard, the middle world; the world of people.

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Arrakis » 24 Nov 2017, 17:25

Grimmblut wrote:@Arrakis

What about some patch notes regarding the fact that you effectively removed hunters from the game:
- salmon gives 1 food from cooking with nature's lore instead of 10, rendering fishing useless
- failed attempts on animal lore no longer provide skill gain. Current skill gain for taming a horse (skill multiplier 2) is 0.1.

It has become virtually impossible for hunters to skill animal lore to 90 (required to manage large stables). Only players who have reached animal lore pre-patch will be able to manage those.

Two additional questions:

1)
Has it become Bitbox's new policy to only include seemingly positive changes in the patch notes while leaving catastrophically negative ones out, like you did with the weapon skill nerf?

2)
Has it become Bitbox's new policy to enforce a pay to win mechanic by forcing player to buy death insurances or face the loss of skill points that took in earlier versions of the game at most some hours to re-skill, but now may take weeks or month to re-skill (many weapon skills at 90 or some trading skills like animal lore above 30)?

This was a very crappy overlook on our part :( We kinda rushed with these patch notes and forgot about adding this info. It was not intentional at all, I assure you. We will review these patch notes and update the list with missing changes as soon as possible. And of course, we will do better in the next patch notes. We don't want to hide things from you!


User avatar
Grimmblut
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 114
Joined: 07 Apr 2015, 16:42

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Grimmblut » 24 Nov 2017, 18:27

@Arrakis

Are you saying that the Animal Lore nerf is not a bug but intentional? A player received a skill increase on Animal Lore for unsuccessful taiming attempts in the Closed Beta and in LiF:YO since I can remember, and I've been playing LIF for a few years. If this is over now, then a) Animal Lore has become effectively unskillable and b) new players will have absolutely zero motivation to try the impossible (skilling Animal Lore to 90), when there are players in the game who managed to do that within a few days pre-patch.

User avatar
Arrakis
 
Posts: 3851
Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 14:11
Location: Sparksvaard, the middle world; the world of people.

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Arrakis » 24 Nov 2017, 18:51

Grimmblut wrote:@Arrakis

Are you saying that the Animal Lore nerf is not a bug but intentional?

No, I mean "hiding" stuff from you, which you accused us of, was not intentional. We rushed with the patch notes and missed few things.



Zehive
Alpha Tester
 
Posts: 50
Joined: 25 Mar 2014, 05:11

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Zehive » 24 Nov 2017, 18:56

Arrakis wrote:
Grimmblut wrote:@Arrakis

Are you saying that the Animal Lore nerf is not a bug but intentional?

No, I mean "hiding" stuff from you, which you accused us of, was not intentional. We rushed with the patch notes and missed few things.

Is there a reason we still havent heard an official word as to whats being done for animal lore? The skill is DOA now. Are they working on a change to push out asap or am I being too optimistic?

User avatar
Hodo
True Believer
 
Posts: 470
Joined: 12 Mar 2014, 21:49

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Hodo » 24 Nov 2017, 19:02

Wow some of you are REALLY over reacting to this situation. Yes it changed, but crap kids, it isnt the end of the world. It might be changed back, it might not. It isnt like it is impossible to grind the skill up, it just takes time.

And no I dont even have the skill past 5 myself so I havent taken advantage of it.


Gwydion_Wolf
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 01:10

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Gwydion_Wolf » 24 Nov 2017, 19:13

Ok... so.

I can completely understand wanting to curve how fast players are advancing in a skill due to some weird AI bug and people intentionally exploiting it.

But when you do something like make a person get 0 skill at all for a failed attempt at doing an action that is required to do to grain skill level in a skill.. but DONT raise up how much you get for a successful action to help still make that skill something viable to level up.. all your doing is completely breaking the skill.

Did i spam mushrooms at stuck pigs to gain Animal Lore? Yes.

Was i INTENTIONALLY getting pigs stuck to do it? No.

I had pigs get stuck on 100% flat terrain, with nothing above them, under them, in-front of them, next to them, or behind them.

TRYING to do things the right way, and still winding up with a stuck pig.

So... Knee-jerk reaction to people intentionally getting animals stuck so they could quickly raise their skill up has effectively made people like me who were trying to do things the right way unable to gain any skill at all.

Do you still get Skill-ups for sucessful tames? Yes.

Is the ammount you get for a tame upped any to counter the fact that you now get 0 skills from failures? No.

You now have to tame 25 pigs JUST to get 1 single rank in Animal Lore.

Image

1 / 0.039 = 25

60 x 25 = 1500

so........ A new player will have to tame 1,500 pigs... JUST to go from rank 0 - 60 in Animal lore now...

And i need to tame 100 of them to get from 56 to 60.


How is this even considered a 'good' change?


Again.. i can FULLY UNDERSTAND the need to fix a problem with players leveling up to fast due to busted AI.

But this 'fix' effectively destroys all progress in the skill.


Bandido
True Believer
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 15 Nov 2017, 23:58

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Bandido » 24 Nov 2017, 19:27

Arrakis wrote:
Grimmblut wrote:@Arrakis

What about some patch notes regarding the fact that you effectively removed hunters from the game:
- salmon gives 1 food from cooking with nature's lore instead of 10, rendering fishing useless
- failed attempts on animal lore no longer provide skill gain. Current skill gain for taming a horse (skill multiplier 2) is 0.1.

It has become virtually impossible for hunters to skill animal lore to 90 (required to manage large stables). Only players who have reached animal lore pre-patch will be able to manage those.

Two additional questions:

1)
Has it become Bitbox's new policy to only include seemingly positive changes in the patch notes while leaving catastrophically negative ones out, like you did with the weapon skill nerf?

2)
Has it become Bitbox's new policy to enforce a pay to win mechanic by forcing player to buy death insurances or face the loss of skill points that took in earlier versions of the game at most some hours to re-skill, but now may take weeks or month to re-skill (many weapon skills at 90 or some trading skills like animal lore above 30)?

This was a very crappy overlook on our part :( We kinda rushed with these patch notes and forgot about adding this info. It was not intentional at all, I assure you. We will review these patch notes and update the list with missing changes as soon as possible. And of course, we will do better in the next patch notes. We don't want to hide things from you!


Why you cherry pick part of his post and ignore the elephant in the room? In which was the main part of this post.


Pepsichic
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 05:21

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Pepsichic » 24 Nov 2017, 20:00

Arrakis wrote:
Grimmblut wrote:@Arrakis

Are you saying that the Animal Lore nerf is not a bug but intentional?

No, I mean "hiding" stuff from you, which you accused us of, was not intentional. We rushed with the patch notes and missed few things.


This is a vague answer.

1. was this a bug or intentional change?
2. Are you going to fix/change it back?

Thats simply all we want to know!


Gwydion_Wolf
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 01:10

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Gwydion_Wolf » 24 Nov 2017, 20:18

Pepsichic wrote:
Arrakis wrote:
Grimmblut wrote:@Arrakis

Are you saying that the Animal Lore nerf is not a bug but intentional?

No, I mean "hiding" stuff from you, which you accused us of, was not intentional. We rushed with the patch notes and missed few things.


This is a vague answer.

1. was this a bug or intentional change?
2. Are you going to fix/change it back?

Thats simply all we want to know!


Same here.

I just want information :(

I can understand making a change to curb exploiting broken AI to grain fast skill levels, but the current 'fix', if that is what it is.. has done more harm than good and needs to be re-evaluated if it indeed was a 'fix'.

If you want to give 0 gain from failures to curb quick exp gain from stuck ai.. increase the ammount you get from sucesses so those of us who are NOT going out of our way to break the AI can still advance at a pase that isnt going to require use to tame 2000+ pigs just to get to 60

User avatar
Arrakis
 
Posts: 3851
Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 14:11
Location: Sparksvaard, the middle world; the world of people.

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Arrakis » 24 Nov 2017, 20:27

This change was intended, but after observing the situation, we agree that the current settings might be a little too harsh. We will look into it.



Gwydion_Wolf
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 01:10

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Gwydion_Wolf » 24 Nov 2017, 20:49

Arrakis wrote:This change was intended, but after observing the situation, we agree that the current settings might be a little too harsh. We will look into it.


Ty :Bravo:

Again, making the change isnt what got me upset.. its the change that was made :)

If you want to keep 0 skill increase for failed attempts till you fix the AI.. by all means do so.

But increase how much we get for 'taming' successfully to balance that lack of increase for failures a bit.. so the skill isnt completely broken

:oops:


Lahuzer
Alpha Tester
 
Posts: 40
Joined: 27 Oct 2013, 18:58

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Lahuzer » 24 Nov 2017, 21:12

Arrakis wrote:This change was intended, but after observing the situation, we agree that the current settings might be a little too harsh. We will look into it.

Whatever you gonna do, do it fast. Cause you either revert it ASAP, or you nerf every1 down to AL 30 and put us all on even footing. Cause me, and many with me, wont touch the game as it is now. It's just unfair and stupid.


Gwydion_Wolf
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 01:10

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Gwydion_Wolf » 24 Nov 2017, 22:23

Lahuzer wrote:
Arrakis wrote:This change was intended, but after observing the situation, we agree that the current settings might be a little too harsh. We will look into it.

Whatever you gonna do, do it fast. Cause you either revert it ASAP, or you nerf every1 down to AL 30 and put us all on even footing. Cause me, and many with me, wont touch the game as it is now. It's just unfair and stupid.


Eh.. im still playing the game.. and enjoying it.

I just completely stoped doing anything AL related.. im not going out hunting for pigs to try to taim.. im not waisting carrets or apples on them. Not when you currently get nothing in reward for the work.

Im just working on the other things i need to rank up till they change their change to a more effective, but not game-breaking, change

:good:


Lahuzer
Alpha Tester
 
Posts: 40
Joined: 27 Oct 2013, 18:58

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Lahuzer » 24 Nov 2017, 23:13

Gwydion_Wolf wrote:
Lahuzer wrote:
Arrakis wrote:This change was intended, but after observing the situation, we agree that the current settings might be a little too harsh. We will look into it.

Whatever you gonna do, do it fast. Cause you either revert it ASAP, or you nerf every1 down to AL 30 and put us all on even footing. Cause me, and many with me, wont touch the game as it is now. It's just unfair and stupid.


Eh.. im still playing the game.. and enjoying it.

I just completely stoped doing anything AL related.. im not going out hunting for pigs to try to taim.. im not waisting carrets or apples on them. Not when you currently get nothing in reward for the work.

Im just working on the other things i need to rank up till they change their change to a more effective, but not game-breaking, change

:good:

Ofc. Many will do other stuff. But until I know what they will do with my favorite thing ingame. I wont do anything else. Cause I started playing this game for the taming, animal training etc mostly on my char. And Im not alone. Just read todays Discord chat and you get a grip on how many there that wont play til they sort AL. And your not alone in continuing playing either. Many dont care bout AL and do other stuff. :good:


Gwydion_Wolf
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 03 Jun 2014, 01:10

Re: Patching 0/9 Problem, Begone! (0.10.8.0)

Post by Gwydion_Wolf » 24 Nov 2017, 23:22

Lahuzer wrote:Ofc. Many will do other stuff. But until I know what they will do with my favorite thing ingame. I wont do anything else. Cause I started playing this game for the taming, animal training etc mostly on my char. And Im not alone. Just read todays Discord chat and you get a grip on how many there that wont play til they sort AL. And your not alone in continuing playing either. Many dont care bout AL and do other stuff. :good:


I care about AL :) Its "the" thing i wanted to do.. train war-horses and also use them.

But im not goign to let one knee-jerk reaction stop me from ranking up the 'other' skills i need to go along with it :)

I still need to increase my base stats, still need to increase my combat skills and such. *shrugs*

Im just not gonna waist time trying to lvl up AL till they re-adjust it so it doesnt take 1,500 tamed pigs to get to 60 skill :beer:

Return to News and Information