Development News #186 — Happy Birthday!

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #186 — Happy Birthday!

Post by Arrakis » 21 Feb 2020, 18:03

Hello, Feudalists!
It’s hard to believe, but it’s already been a year since we’ve opened the Godenland realm, bringing all the players together on this amazing, enormous continent, where anything is possible and where life IS feudal! We are so happy to celebrate this special time with you, especially since you are the ones who shape this world, and in so many ways. You change it through terraforming, by building your amazing settlements and roads that connect them, through your alliances and through wars as you scorch the lands of your enemies. You, collectively, are changing this world constantly and make it into what you want it to be, so it’s really all about you and how all of you, together, shape Godenland by your actions..

We want to use this special occasion to properly thank all of you who continuously support and believe in us by providing you with some token of appreciation. All active players who logged in between February 1st and February 22nd, 12pm UTC will receive a reward that consists of 5,000 God’s Favor for your premium shop purchases along with 5,000 God’s Coins to spend in-game. Please note that the rewards will be granted per account, which means that if you have more than one character, it doesn’t matter which one were you active on. The rewards will be sent during the weekend. Happy birthday to Godenland and thank you, everyone!

Now for the community spot!
Speaking of how you’re shaping the world, we want to share a fine example of that in the form of another amazing time-lapse video that we’ve received recently:

It’s always great to see you work together on building something lasting and memorable. We are always happy when you share your creations with us, so please make sure to send us more of your fan art, whether it’s a screenshot, video, a drawing or a cosplay.

Hot topic
The last thing we want to talk to you about is the issue of the bases placed on top of very high, unnaturally terraformed areas that are normally impossible to create, as our mechanics allow a maximum of 4.0 height difference between tiles. Some players have learned how to abuse a loophole that allows them to bypass this limitation, resulting in bases that are nearly or completely unreachable with the use of normal game mechanics. Both, their existence and the methods players use to attack them due to lack of options have been topics of debate among players and the LiF Team. While we are looking for a solution to this issue, we’ve made a decision that outposts built on top of such glitched terraforming will be considered an outlaw bases, which means that attackers sieging such outposts will be allowed to use any method necessary to actually attack them. Should such outpost be rebuilt with normal terraforming mechanics, it will no longer be considered an outlaw base and attackers will once again be bound to follow normal game ruleset. This information will also be noted in the world rules.

We wish everyone a great weekend!

— The Team

Cosimo
Zealous Believer

Re: Development News #186 — Happy Birthday!

Post by Cosimo » 21 Feb 2020, 19:50

Seriously? Is that the best you can come up with? Making rules on the fly? So what about water bases? Free to cheat there as well?

Amaunet_Phoenix
True Believer

Post by Amaunet_Phoenix » 22 Feb 2020, 11:49

Whats means nearly? Three sides or even one side?
What if its high slope natural rock and i just dig 10+ around way up?
Allowing cheating with so unclear rules is really bad idea.
Also, its nothing new. I was questionig devs about 10+ slope moth ago and there was no "NO" about it. Its long known thing, but instead of "fixing" it properly, there is some a shortcut solution.

Dont allow exploiting and find a solution, dont be rush.

Try fix climbing. Until you can climb 85° slope like nothing, there always will be solutions by players. NO stamina regen when you hang on steep slope.
This will bring back logical advantage of mountain castles and still alow climb up thrue imperfections. More realisticaly and still pretty usable.

Kamilkb

Post by Kamilkb » 23 Feb 2020, 09:02

This information about tera-forming is not very accurate.
Who will verify what is correct and what is not ??
The creators of the game should, in my opinion, protect the rights of the created world, by giving permission to break it you create more problems.
> [(back right does not work)] <
1. Make the appropriate corrections, contact the group that used the previous mechanics to explain that it is currently inappropriate and should make corrections at some specific real time, in the absence of contact / cooperation after a certain time to do an event with an earthquake or other natural disaster that would explain that the objects were destroyed.

Gleistobias

Post by Gleistobias » 24 Feb 2020, 21:03

Hello,

I search the Birthday Present :oops:
I`m online every day and i doesn`t found the present.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 25 Feb 2020, 02:31

Hey folks. Sorry for this delay. The rewards will be sent out as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Adelila

Post by Adelila » 25 Feb 2020, 04:23

Gleistobias wrote:Hello,

I search the Birthday Present :oops:
I`m online every day and i doesn`t found the present.
:cry: same here

Return to Development News