Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

What are we currently working on.
User avatar
Arrakis
 
Posts: 4428
Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 14:11
Location: Sparksvaard, the middle world; the world of people.

Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by Arrakis » 12 Jan 2018, 17:01

Image


Hey, Feudalists!

It has been a really long and exhausting development cycle for us and the community getting ready for release into Early Access. We released the list of servers and rulesets yesterday, and some of the community were disappointed with this news. We took note of the issues the community was concerned about. Bobik took time yesterday to listen and respond to some of the feedback, and some adjustments were made as a result that everyone supports. We hope this sets an example for Early Access and displays the teamwork between the studio and the community that we will need to successfully move forward through Early Access.

EU
1. Avalon will be considered a PvP server. The only ruleset changes for this server (for now) will be in the tweak of the Judgement Hour schedule. JHs will occur more often and last longer.
2. Fannland will have a vanilla ruleset and will be enabled once we see that the demand is higher than the current active server capacities. Fannland will stay inactive for now.
3. Skjultland will have a vanilla ruleset and will be available now.

NA
1. Buyan will remain a vanilla ruleset server, but the frequency and duration of Judgement Hour will be increased.
2. Telmun will have a vanilla ruleset and will be available now.

Judgement Hours for Avalon and Buyan will have the following schedule:
Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday - 2 hours during primetime.

Last but not least, Steam Early Access is going to be opened today, Friday the 12th of January 2018!

– The team


User avatar
Khan-
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: 18 Apr 2015, 15:12
Location: France

Re: Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by Khan- » 12 Jan 2018, 17:03

Disponible en Français : sur Lifeisfeudal-fr.com


:D
Last edited by Khan- on 12 Jan 2018, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Image
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter


Lenparhs13
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 07 Jan 2018, 23:53

Re: Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by Lenparhs13 » 12 Jan 2018, 17:08

NA Servers have been down for the past 3-4 hours, any ETA when they will be up and running again?

User avatar
Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: 08 May 2014, 17:44

Re: Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by Azzerhoden » 12 Jan 2018, 17:40

So, let me make sure I understand this correctly.

A last minute meeting with Bobik regarding JH and PvP with some of the larger guilds results in an increase in JH from a 1 hour duration once a week to a 2 hour duration 4 times a week.

That is not a tweak. That is a knee-jerk reaction.

That is no different then deciding that Horses, Players, Bark Boxes, and any other movable objects can no longer be used to get over walls because a portion of the player base was constantly getting killed.

So what's next week? Buildings on realm claims no longer being destructible during JH is my bet. But maybe the decision will be made to go back to copper being used to make weapons and armor. Or will the decision be made to expand the line of piety abilities to cast magic missile type spells?

Players have spent time and energy playing this game based on a promised ruleset that keeps changing. Before Open Beta is was repeatedly stated that it was OK for people to go over the walls using various objects because ladders were not in the game yet. However, as soon as it became clear that this was driving players away as it made walls for protection useless, code was added that only allowed this during judgement hour. Resulting in other players leaving. Now you radically change the ruleset again. The result will be even more players leaving, specifically those who stayed because of the changes you made regarding using objects to go over walls.

Based on the server population, all that is going to happen with this decision (besides some segments quitting the game) is that roaming PvP guilds will find LESS PvP. Guilds will pick one night to organize themselves for offensive attacks, and only semi-login for the others. Then, when their buildings are destroyed because they didn't have enough people on to defend them, they will quit logging in altogether.

I know some folks are going to read this and think that it's an argument against PvP. Nothing can be further from the truth, and in all the posts I have made on these forums I have consistently advocated for changes to improve the longevity of this game for all play styles. A change to the current JH was desperately needed, but this level of change was excessive and will have the opposite effect of what the game needs.
Last edited by Azzerhoden on 12 Jan 2018, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer
Image

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!


Paulchatterton
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 64
Joined: 25 Sep 2014, 00:58

Re: Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by Paulchatterton » 12 Jan 2018, 18:25

I don't see Epleland in the list of servers? Does that mean it won't be available for Steam players? I hope it's not an indication that it's about to be closed down.

User avatar
Hodo
 
Posts: 332
Joined: 08 Dec 2017, 23:17

Re: Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by Hodo » 12 Jan 2018, 18:32

Azzerhoden wrote:So, let me make sure I understand this correctly.

A last minute meeting with Bobik regarding JH and PvP regarding some of the larger guilds results in an increase in JH from a 1 hour duration once a week to a 2 hour duration 4 times a week.

That is not a tweak. That is a knee-jerk reaction.

That is no different then deciding that Horses, Players, Bark Boxes, and any other movable objects can no longer be used to get over walls because a portion of the player base was constantly getting killed.

So what's next week? Buildings on realm claims no longer being destructible during JH is my bet. But maybe the decision will be made to go back to copper being used to make weapons and armor. Or will the decision be made to expand the line of piety abilities to cast magic missile type spells?

Players have spent time and energy playing this game based on a promised ruleset that keeps changing. Before Open Beta is was repeatedly stated that it was OK for people to go over the walls using various objects because ladders were not in the game yet. However, as soon as it became clear that this was driving players away as it made walls for protection useless, code was added that only allowed this during judgement hour. Resulting in other players leaving. Now you radically change the ruleset again. The result will be even more players leaving, specifically those who stayed because of the changes you made regarding using objects to go over walls.

Based on the server population, all that is going to happen with this decision (besides some segments quitting the game) is that roaming PvP guilds will find LESS PvP. Guilds will pick one night to organize themselves for offensive attacks, and only semi-login for the others. Then, when their buildings are destroyed because they didn't have enough people on to defend them, they will quit logging in altogether.

I know some folks are going to read this and think that it's an argument against PvP. Nothing can be further from the truth, and in all the posts I have made on these forums I have consistently advocated for changes to improve the longevity of this game for all play styles. A change to the current JH was desperately needed, but this level of change was excessive and will have the opposite effect of what the game needs.


Or he actually listened to the people in the Teamspeak, who all mutually agreed on the resulting JH times and length and submitted it TO Bobik. Unlike a AMA in the middle of the workday where 90% of the NA players couldn't be part of. Or now that a large portion of the "PvP" oriented guilds spoke he listened to them.

He refused to go back on bark boxes, human ladders, horse climbing or any of that. He refused to allow things on the city claim to be destructible. He refused to allow things to be carried off of the city claims. And yes these were all brought up to him and more.

This game was supposed to launch with daily Judgement Hour, Instance Battles, and Sieges. We got none of that on launch of Open Beta. Instead a month after the launch of beta we got weekly Judgement Hour, broken Instance Battles and no siege mechanics.

This is what we bought, we were sold on the concept of a feudal game with unrestricted open world PVP, with sieges, instance battles, and a deep crafting system. Well we got half of that, and some of that doesn't even work right.

So I am sorry he didnt listen to your well laid out proposal from the Townhall AMA. But to be frank, who ever it was from the "Kingdom of Hyperion" who spoke for you sounded like an arrogant ass. And that says something coming from me, because I am a self admitted ass-hole.

I propose, you stop crying, learn to build better defenses. And get ready for the storm. Because I am sure it is coming to your little island. :beer:
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

User avatar
Obshion
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 05 Dec 2016, 13:15
Location: New Zealand

JH More Often?

Post by Obshion » 12 Jan 2018, 19:19

Why are game developers listening to what demands guilds make? when the call for changes should be done in the interest of all players. If you want the game to have a balance between guilds and private claims, don't start making rulesets that cater for bigger guilds and forget about lone survivors with private claims. So now the devs says that avalon is a PVP server, when from the beggining that the sever first went live, it was considered, pvp,pve,roleplaying...etc, but you've now chosen the the status of avalon is going to be a PVP server. Now more than ever, you've made life become more feudal for lone players,

Where are servers who cater for peace loving communities? people who want to build beautiful cities and towns, and link them to other beautiful cities, towns and private claims.? where do those that don't like fighting go?, those who just want to build and trade?

Come on devs, at least give people an option to want to PVE only, give us a server!!!!
LeadMasterBenji....was here.


Agathon
 
Posts: 118
Joined: 05 Mar 2014, 23:12
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by Agathon » 12 Jan 2018, 19:54

So.....

Instead of one laggy night a week, we're now going to have 4 at 2x the length.
Odin - NA Buyan - Hardcore PvP


overdose
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 03 Jan 2018, 17:35

Re: Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by overdose » 12 Jan 2018, 19:58

Azzerhoden wrote:So, let me make sure I understand this correctly.

A last minute meeting with Bobik regarding JH and PvP with some of the larger guilds results in an increase in JH from a 1 hour duration once a week to a 2 hour duration 4 times a week.

That is not a tweak. That is a knee-jerk reaction.

That is no different then deciding that Horses, Players, Bark Boxes, and any other movable objects can no longer be used to get over walls because a portion of the player base was constantly getting killed.

So what's next week? Buildings on realm claims no longer being destructible during JH is my bet. But maybe the decision will be made to go back to copper being used to make weapons and armor. Or will the decision be made to expand the line of piety abilities to cast magic missile type spells?

Players have spent time and energy playing this game based on a promised ruleset that keeps changing. Before Open Beta is was repeatedly stated that it was OK for people to go over the walls using various objects because ladders were not in the game yet. However, as soon as it became clear that this was driving players away as it made walls for protection useless, code was added that only allowed this during judgement hour. Resulting in other players leaving. Now you radically change the ruleset again. The result will be even more players leaving, specifically those who stayed because of the changes you made regarding using objects to go over walls.

Based on the server population, all that is going to happen with this decision (besides some segments quitting the game) is that roaming PvP guilds will find LESS PvP. Guilds will pick one night to organize themselves for offensive attacks, and only semi-login for the others. Then, when their buildings are destroyed because they didn't have enough people on to defend them, they will quit logging in altogether.

I know some folks are going to read this and think that it's an argument against PvP. Nothing can be further from the truth, and in all the posts I have made on these forums I have consistently advocated for changes to improve the longevity of this game for all play styles. A change to the current JH was desperately needed, but this level of change was excessive and will have the opposite effect of what the game needs.


Go on pve server plz . We will play on our server without you hamster help. And atleast there are new server with standart ruleset go there and build you castle do farming without any pvp that you dont neeeded


Daniel_tadd
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 26 Dec 2017, 09:51

Re: Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by Daniel_tadd » 12 Jan 2018, 20:04

Is there any intention to introduce an Asian server?

I find it very strange that the game would support Chinese language and Audio, yet players from China need to connect to North American servers.


overdose
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 03 Jan 2018, 17:35

Re: Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by overdose » 12 Jan 2018, 20:06

overdose wrote:
Azzerhoden wrote:So, let me make sure I understand this correctly.

A last minute meeting with Bobik regarding JH and PvP with some of the larger guilds results in an increase in JH from a 1 hour duration once a week to a 2 hour duration 4 times a week.

That is not a tweak. That is a knee-jerk reaction.

That is no different then deciding that Horses, Players, Bark Boxes, and any other movable objects can no longer be used to get over walls because a portion of the player base was constantly getting killed.

So what's next week? Buildings on realm claims no longer being destructible during JH is my bet. But maybe the decision will be made to go back to copper being used to make weapons and armor. Or will the decision be made to expand the line of piety abilities to cast magic missile type spells?

Players have spent time and energy playing this game based on a promised ruleset that keeps changing. Before Open Beta is was repeatedly stated that it was OK for people to go over the walls using various objects because ladders were not in the game yet. However, as soon as it became clear that this was driving players away as it made walls for protection useless, code was added that only allowed this during judgement hour. Resulting in other players leaving. Now you radically change the ruleset again. The result will be even more players leaving, specifically those who stayed because of the changes you made regarding using objects to go over walls.

Based on the server population, all that is going to happen with this decision (besides some segments quitting the game) is that roaming PvP guilds will find LESS PvP. Guilds will pick one night to organize themselves for offensive attacks, and only semi-login for the others. Then, when their buildings are destroyed because they didn't have enough people on to defend them, they will quit logging in altogether.

I know some folks are going to read this and think that it's an argument against PvP. Nothing can be further from the truth, and in all the posts I have made on these forums I have consistently advocated for changes to improve the longevity of this game for all play styles. A change to the current JH was desperately needed, but this level of change was excessive and will have the opposite effect of what the game needs.


Go on pve server plz . We will play on our server without you hamster help. And atleast there are new server with standart ruleset, go there and build you castle, do farming without any pvp that you dont neeeded.
And yes this game is about big guilds war with create alliances. If you small guild join alliance or die, this is cruel feudal life. big eat small, strong beat weak its ok.


overdose
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 03 Jan 2018, 17:35

Re: JH More Often?

Post by overdose » 12 Jan 2018, 20:12

Obshion wrote:Why are game developers listening to what demands guilds make? when the call for changes should be done in the interest of all players. If you want the game to have a balance between guilds and private claims, don't start making rulesets that cater for bigger guilds and forget about lone survivors with private claims. So now the devs says that avalon is a PVP server, when from the beggining that the sever first went live, it was considered, pvp,pve,roleplaying...etc, but you've now chosen the the status of avalon is going to be a PVP server. Now more than ever, you've made life become more feudal for lone players,

Where are servers who cater for peace loving communities? people who want to build beautiful cities and towns, and link them to other beautiful cities, towns and private claims.? where do those that don't like fighting go?, those who just want to build and trade?

Come on devs, at least give people an option to want to PVE only, give us a server!!!!


Please kill youself and gop play minecraft


overdose
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 03 Jan 2018, 17:35

Re: JH More Often?

Post by overdose » 12 Jan 2018, 20:26

overdose wrote:
Obshion wrote:Why are game developers listening to what demands guilds make? when the call for changes should be done in the interest of all players. If you want the game to have a balance between guilds and private claims, don't start making rulesets that cater for bigger guilds and forget about lone survivors with private claims. So now the devs says that avalon is a PVP server, when from the beggining that the sever first went live, it was considered, pvp,pve,roleplaying...etc, but you've now chosen the the status of avalon is going to be a PVP server. Now more than ever, you've made life become more feudal for lone players,

Where are servers who cater for peace loving communities? people who want to build beautiful cities and towns, and link them to other beautiful cities, towns and private claims.? where do those that don't like fighting go?, those who just want to build and trade?

Come on devs, at least give people an option to want to PVE only, give us a server!!!!


This is our nova goal on avalon not the guilds are not alliances but whole states and whether you are there at least a craftsman even though a builder will each contribute and there will be wars without real life who will protect you 24-7

User avatar
Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: 08 May 2014, 17:44

Re: Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by Azzerhoden » 12 Jan 2018, 20:38

overdose wrote:
Go on pve server plz . We will play on our server without you hamster help. And atleast there are new server with standart ruleset go there and build you castle do farming without any pvp that you dont neeeded


LOL - Mr. 8 posts.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer
Image

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!


Agathon
 
Posts: 118
Joined: 05 Mar 2014, 23:12
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by Agathon » 12 Jan 2018, 20:51

Devs listen to a small number of players to dictate the game, GG.

Games on track to be in the top 10 worst reviewed games on steam by the end of the week.
Odin - NA Buyan - Hardcore PvP

User avatar
Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: 08 May 2014, 17:44

Re: Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by Azzerhoden » 12 Jan 2018, 20:53

Hodo wrote:
Or he actually listened to the people in the Teamspeak, who all mutually agreed on the resulting JH times and length and submitted it TO Bobik. Unlike a AMA in the middle of the workday where 90% of the NA players couldn't be part of. Or now that a large portion of the "PvP" oriented guilds spoke he listened to them.

He refused to go back on bark boxes, human ladders, horse climbing or any of that. He refused to allow things on the city claim to be destructible. He refused to allow things to be carried off of the city claims. And yes these were all brought up to him and more.

This game was supposed to launch with daily Judgement Hour, Instance Battles, and Sieges. We got none of that on launch of Open Beta. Instead a month after the launch of beta we got weekly Judgement Hour, broken Instance Battles and no siege mechanics.

This is what we bought, we were sold on the concept of a feudal game with unrestricted open world PVP, with sieges, instance battles, and a deep crafting system. Well we got half of that, and some of that doesn't even work right.

So I am sorry he didnt listen to your well laid out proposal from the Townhall AMA. But to be frank, who ever it was from the "Kingdom of Hyperion" who spoke for you sounded like an arrogant ass. And that says something coming from me, because I am a self admitted ass-hole.

I propose, you stop crying, learn to build better defenses. And get ready for the storm. Because I am sure it is coming to your little island. :beer:


Thanks Hodo, that is information I did not have, since I was not there. Is there a link where this is recorded for everyone else who plays this game and whose opinion was not taken into account?

And for the record, I know full well that this is a PvP game, which is why Hyperion is here. And yes, I also know what was promised for release, and what has been thrown in to compensate for those features that are not in game yet. That's the root of the issue. I've had this same discussion with a few guild leaders in opposing guilds. Decisions are being made without any thought about the impact to the entire player base. It is, in fact, what lead to the discussion this thread is about.

As for the rest, you clearly haven't been very active the past JHs, or you would have a better understanding of how wrong you are.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer
Image

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!


overdose
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 03 Jan 2018, 17:35

Re: Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by overdose » 12 Jan 2018, 21:25

Azzerhoden wrote:
Hodo wrote:
Or he actually listened to the people in the Teamspeak, who all mutually agreed on the resulting JH times and length and submitted it TO Bobik. Unlike a AMA in the middle of the workday where 90% of the NA players couldn't be part of. Or now that a large portion of the "PvP" oriented guilds spoke he listened to them.

He refused to go back on bark boxes, human ladders, horse climbing or any of that. He refused to allow things on the city claim to be destructible. He refused to allow things to be carried off of the city claims. And yes these were all brought up to him and more.

This game was supposed to launch with daily Judgement Hour, Instance Battles, and Sieges. We got none of that on launch of Open Beta. Instead a month after the launch of beta we got weekly Judgement Hour, broken Instance Battles and no siege mechanics.

This is what we bought, we were sold on the concept of a feudal game with unrestricted open world PVP, with sieges, instance battles, and a deep crafting system. Well we got half of that, and some of that doesn't even work right.

So I am sorry he didnt listen to your well laid out proposal from the Townhall AMA. But to be frank, who ever it was from the "Kingdom of Hyperion" who spoke for you sounded like an arrogant ass. And that says something coming from me, because I am a self admitted ass-hole.

I propose, you stop crying, learn to build better defenses. And get ready for the storm. Because I am sure it is coming to your little island. :beer:


Thanks Hodo, that is information I did not have, since I was not there. Is there a link where this is recorded for everyone else who plays this game and whose opinion was not taken into account?

And for the record, I know full well that this is a PvP game, which is why Hyperion is here. And yes, I also know what was promised for release, and what has been thrown in to compensate for those features that are not in game yet. That's the root of the issue. I've had this same discussion with a few guild leaders in opposing guilds. Decisions are being made without any thought about the impact to the entire player base. It is, in fact, what lead to the discussion this thread is about.

As for the rest, you clearly haven't been very active the past JHs, or you would have a better understanding of how wrong you are.


That what we see you dont bee there you dont interest to be part of avalon server diplomacy because you small guild or lone wolf you are a zero for meta gamplay and you cry here look players want this changes not devs. devs on your hamster side . so stop crying.

User avatar
Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: 08 May 2014, 17:44

Re: Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by Azzerhoden » 12 Jan 2018, 21:40

overdose wrote:
That what we see you dont bee there you dont interest to be part of avalon server diplomacy because you small guild or lone wolf you are a zero for meta gamplay and you cry here look players want this changes not devs. devs on your hamster side . so stop crying.


:ROFL:

So could not have betrayed your ignorance any faster then you did with that post. :Bravo:
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer
Image

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

User avatar
Hodo
 
Posts: 332
Joined: 08 Dec 2017, 23:17

Re: Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by Hodo » 12 Jan 2018, 21:57

Azzerhoden wrote:
Thanks Hodo, that is information I did not have, since I was not there. Is there a link where this is recorded for everyone else who plays this game and whose opinion was not taken into account?

And for the record, I know full well that this is a PvP game, which is why Hyperion is here. And yes, I also know what was promised for release, and what has been thrown in to compensate for those features that are not in game yet. That's the root of the issue. I've had this same discussion with a few guild leaders in opposing guilds. Decisions are being made without any thought about the impact to the entire player base. It is, in fact, what lead to the discussion this thread is about.

As for the rest, you clearly haven't been very active the past JHs, or you would have a better understanding of how wrong you are.



I actually PVP a lot during the JHs. I think there is only 1 I really did NOTHING in, and that was the second to last one. I sat on defense guarding our walls because I was asked to.

The reason for the increased number and length of JH is to help spread the load of the JHs. With the current 1 time a week for 1 hour is part of the problem. It is kind of the ONLY hour for most people get into PVP. Any real PVP that is.

So the discussion was, that if we increase the frequency and the length it would, over time, alleviate the stress of once a week for a short period.

I wanted just a longer JH instead of a more of them.. but as a group we agreed that more and longer would be better, instead of one long one.

This with the increased stability on instance battles, and soon the addition of sieges. Hopefully we can get this game back on track.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

User avatar
Lensardawn
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 09 Dec 2017, 03:26

Re: Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by Lensardawn » 12 Jan 2018, 23:25

I don't think these changes are bad, however I agree that the dev team needs to stop over-indexing on the concerns of zerg guilds.

They don't make up most of your population, they are unlikely to play the games long-term, and they do not account for the majority of your revenue.

I agree with what others said, going from 1 hour of JH per week to 8 hours is far from a minor tweak; it's a ham-fisted knee-jerk over-reaction.

While I think they landed in about the right place with 8 hours of JH per week, the way this decision was made is indicative of an inexperienced development team that is over-reacting to complaints from extremely vocal minorities.

When do these changes go live? Should we be expecting a new JH in 3.5 hours or will they start next week?

-Lensar


Devilize
Alpha Tester
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 15 Jul 2014, 23:08

Re: Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by Devilize » 13 Jan 2018, 00:19

Based on the new rule sets and servers I hypothesis the following;

1. Casual guilds will leave for the new server(s) open to steam early access.

2. Average size guilds that cannot field defenses for 8 hours of JH will also leave for the new server and/or quit after they've had enough to larger guilds

3. New steam players will generally only join the new servers for obvious reasons further stagnating the current populations of the original servers.

4. After large guilds quit when no one is around to fight anymore population will normalize in the original servers but be inferior to the "Steam" servers calling for a merger at some point.


Side note: I thought the plan was to add on continents to the already established servers to compensate for population growth.


Catall
Devoted Believer
 
Posts: 42
Joined: 07 Jul 2016, 11:04

Re: Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by Catall » 13 Jan 2018, 08:00

This change for Avalon without the possibility -for those who had initially no other Server to go to- to move their payed characters to another Server is purlely Bullsheep.

There are plenty of People that would restart on another Server, but actually they have to buy tickets for new chars and THAT's a no-go.

Both sides, PvE and PvP oriented people have paid for the game and for their characters. PvP People did not want to restart on PvP Server with 2x exp, but now they force everyone else that does not like the ruleset-changes on Avalon to buy a new char and go to another Server.

Most of us maybe would change the Server, but absolutely not by investing an additional amount of money. Nobody wants to Play with sheep that mix up Player vs. Player and Player vs. Chest anyway.

Eight hours of Griefment hour is way to much for People that have to go to work to earn their livings.

TBH, let the sheep 28 pay for the new characters because they managed to pretend to speak in the name of every single Player in their alliances, which obviously has been totally a lie.


Metti
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 15:55

Re: Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by Metti » 13 Jan 2018, 11:39

Catall wrote:This change for Avalon without the possibility -for those who had initially no other Server to go to- to move their payed characters to another Server is purlely Bullsheep.

There are plenty of People that would restart on another Server, but actually they have to buy tickets for new chars and THAT's a no-go.

Both sides, PvE and PvP oriented people have paid for the game and for their characters. PvP People did not want to restart on PvP Server with 2x exp, but now they force everyone else that does not like the ruleset-changes on Avalon to buy a new char and go to another Server.

Most of us maybe would change the Server, but absolutely not by investing an additional amount of money. Nobody wants to Play with sheep that mix up Player vs. Player and Player vs. Chest anyway.

Eight hours of Griefment hour is way to much for People that have to go to work to earn their livings.

TBH, let the sheep 28 pay for the new characters because they managed to pretend to speak in the name of every single Player in their alliances, which obviously has been totally a lie.


!!! Sign.

Im a Member of a small Group, a Vasall whitout ambition to JH everyday and big Instance Battles. At the Open Beta start we just had 1 EU Server, so we choose this. Avalon.
Now, a few Weeks later, Evil is walking in this World and we are those Mad Man now....


Demirvukalic
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 27 Oct 2017, 23:49

Re: Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by Demirvukalic » 13 Jan 2018, 15:51

Hello,
i just read about the dramatic changes in ruleset on Avalon. So you turned the solid mix of PVP, PVE and RP into a PVP-Hell. Thanks for that.
Our community of around 40 Players enjoyed the mix. We built our city over weeks filled with hard work and tried to create something that is defendable but also still beautiful and enjoyable. I think none of us would have argued if you expanded the PVP-part to 2 judgement hours of 60 minutes or something like that. But 4 JH of 120 minutes? Honestly?
We all have a "real" life and a job, most of us have families, husbands, wives, partners, children... To continue the game under the new ruleset is absolutely impossible, that is not what we signed up for. We do not know who you talked to last night, but obviously those people have no real life.
Continuing on Avalon would imply we have 3 days per week to recreate all the stuff that gets destroyed on the other 4 days. With the existing game mechanics all wannabe-PVP-Players and gankers are invited to stack a couple of flying carpets (aka sleeping bags) near our wall, climb over it and destroy everything within our realm claim. (If there were any realistic siege mechanics as ladders (and countermeasures!) it would be a whole different story.)
At least you could offer those players who do not want to continue in this PVP-Hell a free transfer of their character to another server. Until that I just cancelled my monthly subscription.

Best regards,

User avatar
SharanaEU
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 09 Nov 2017, 02:13

Re: Development News #86 - Early Access on Steam and PvP Tweaks

Post by SharanaEU » 13 Jan 2018, 17:07

This is where your problem and whine comes from. You came out from GM guarded YO PvE servers thinking that's what the MMO should be.
The "vanilla" was supposed to have DAILY JH. Not once a week JH.

21) How is it looking with the JH, do we have final decision about how often and long it will be? Also when will it start, having JH enabled the first 2-3 weeks doesn’t look like good idea.
Bobik: Probably won’t enable it the first week, but after that probably 1 to 2 hours of primetime and 3-4 hours during Friday and weekends. JHes are only for guilds in war to raid their realm claims.

q-a-with-bobik-about-the-upcoming-obt-release-transcri-t24763/

After OBT started the servers were unstable for that, so they enabled only 1 JH as testing. But only till the servers are stable, it was NEVER said that there will be only 1 JH per week. The decision to enable more JHes tho took a lot longer then expected, because let's face it, Bobik tried to please all the PvE players from YO that just build and want to play in small isolated communities without outside influence - the so called "zerg guilds". He made RP/PvE server, but only fraction of the PvErs went there, many stayed on Avalon. The the last attempt was to make PvP server and make all the "zerg guilds" go there leaving Avalon as Farmville zone. That didn't fly, because they rioted, they didn't buy gold packs for early access and didn't build those huge castles only to be asked to move from the promised 1 for all world with no wipes - they demanded the promised Vanilla settings that were promised for a long time and confirmed just a 10 days before OBT opened, read his last AMA. The result was enabling 4 out of 7 days of promised JH and calling that PvP server instead of "vanilla", because with the amount of PvErs that he tries to keep at the expense of "PvPers" the vision of "vanilla" got changed...


Lensardawn wrote:they are unlikely to play the games long-term,

That sounds more then funny. I don't know long are you around, but all of those "zerg guilds" are here since 2014 or 2015. And as the time showed they are the only ones sticking around long term. LiF has extremely low retention rate, from the few hundreds recruits that passed by our guild since 2015 for example on average probably 10% stick around to play LiF (instead of moving to other games). For the majority it's either too time consuming/grindy (and that's why it's a niche game) or the technical realization (the amount of bugs, lags etc) is below acceptable and they can't tolerate it for more then a month. For the smaller guilds that were forming and disbanding all the time (from YO till the last year that was MMO CBT) it's worse. They form motivated group and start building a "beautiful town" or "trading guild" and exactly two things happen to them. Either:
A) They get constantly raided by PvP guild close by or even wiped out during JH
or
B) They finish building, fill the WHes with goods and get bored as there is no trading (no demand) and generally nothing for them to do.
In both cases those guilds disbanded very fast. Some quit LiF altogether, others join bigger guilds and some just "change server" and start all over again.
The big guilds tho after the building phase start fighting each other and that's their endgame keeping them from following the fate of the smaller ones left without content. And as big guilds with pooled and effectively used manpower (as they know all the tricks and shortcuts) they've done their castles in less then 2-3 weeks now in OBT. The tools to wage war tho that were supposed to be "vanilla" are now not, so Avalon had to be renamed as all those "zerg guilds" are concentrated there to begin with. And since they are in LiF 3+ years already it's ridiculous to speak about them with "they are unlikely to play the games long-term"
Image

Return to Development News