After countless sleepless nights, frustration, desperation and strokes of hysterical laughter, we’ve managed to merge the four separate types of entities into one: a horse, a player, a cart and movable objects. The result of which has been highly anticipated by many players and is called: Horse-drawn carts!
Now you can fetch large amounts of items and certain movable objects around the map in an efficient and immersive way. Who knows, maybe you will not need a home anymore and can play as a nomad with all your stuff fitting into one cart? It is Your Own decision, after all!
Also, we’ve implemented a new large set of castle wall models and new keeps! Recipes for building these are now available to you. These new walls should be more efficient and provide a wider angle of fire for the defenders’ archers. New keeps can now be built on top of your guild monument to provide an additional layer of protection for the “heart” of your guild.
We also would like to remind you that this major feature was one of the most voted features suggested by our players. We encourage you, our players, to visit this page and browse through the existing features, vote for them, discuss with others and even suggest your own ideas here!
Lastly, we’ve transferred all the current changes and features from the beta branch to the main/release branch. This means that you will be able to play with these features without a need to switch to the beta branch. The full list of features that are transferred from the beta branch and added with the current patch:
Patch notes (ver. 188.8.131.52):
New features and tweaks:
- Horse-drawn carts have been added. You can build a cart, place a riding horse nearby, harness it to the cart. Inventory items AND movable objects can be put inside and pulled out via the context menu options
- Optimized and reworked the guild code. Added new ‘Guilds’ button in the Character window - which is where you can now create, manage and invite new members to your guild. Political and a Rights system is currently shown via console commands only. Please, take a look here, if you want some politics on your server!
- Implemented ‘Personal Claim’ system
- Tuned Volley ability to be easier to use and be more effective (especially against tight formations). Volley ability can be used only if the strength of player is more than `STR need` parameter of a bow
- Implemented impact damage that is caused by a horse that tramples a player
- Critical weight influence on hit, parry and shield animation speed changed
- Armor durability damage buffed. 0.1->1. weaponDurabilityDamage buffed 0.1->0.3 weapon_fracture_min__in_durability_damage 0.1->0.3
- Berserker skill abilities now raise the skill faster
- Added new type of resource — 'Simple Cloth'. Novice armors require simple cloth instead of linen now. Added new recipes to “Nature's Lore” skill: 'Wristbands', 'Primitive Boots'. 'Bandage' now craft with simple cloth.
- Hunters (skill lvl 60) now can craft a hat from fur
- All clothes now provide a small amount of damage mitigation
- 1h and 2h sword combos work with one-and-a-half swords now
- Tweaked almost all special attacks' damage scale. Nerfed some overpowered special attacks (which were found in the beta branch)
- "Another Hole" combo sequence changed to less spammable (OH-R(L)S-OH instead of OH-OH-OH)
- Increased the number of bind slots in houses and keeps
- 3 story plaster house now uses the same number of tiles as the wooden version
- Capacity of the 'Warehouse' is now the same as the capacity of Wooden 'Warehouse' (5000 stones)
- Added hudless screenshot key in global key map
- Implemented the ‘Horse decay’ system in order to minimize excessive server load, which was caused by hundreds of unattended horses being stashed in the attics of residential buildings. A horse without a rider or any interaction within 30 minutes will appear sleeping/laying on the ground, and after an additional 30 minutes, it will ‘run away’ and disappear completely from the gameworld. This mechanism is DISABLED by default. Server admins may to enable this setting by modifying the: $cm_config::Decay::HorsesDecayTimeMinutes preference
- Implemented a server-side setting that gives the ability to enable or disable all inventory items being dropped on the ground when a player uses the Homecoming Prayer skill ($cm_config::HomecomingDrop = 0;)
- New tooltips system implemented - you can now see detailed information about items, character stats and active effects
- Claim radius is now shown in tiles (1 tile side = 2 meters)
- Guild claim rendering distance has been lowered
- Guild land maintenance price has decreased
- Tweaked tree growth algorithm. Trees that are planted by players will now grow faster
- Removed ignore parry on 90 lvl Spearman
- 90 level Spearman is now required to fight with spear and shield. Also added special attack after knocking down an opponent
- Lancers can’t attack on low speed anymore
- Added durability checks while interacting with inventory and constructed objects. You will no longer see an ability in the context menu if durability requirements are not met
- You can deconstruct incomplete buildings on enemy claims during Judgment Hour. Speed of deconstruction depends on the amount of resources that were invested into that particular building
- Properly implemented the swimming skill. It can now be skilled up and allows you to swim longer distances
- Armor effects now properly scale with the armor quality
- Archer Stand and Defensive Fence now set up immediately in a complete state
- Added ‘Load of Mortar’ recipe. Grants the ability to make large amounts of mortar at once, but with increased use of resources
- A bunch of crafting recipe tweaks
Bug fixes and optimizations:
- Fixed geo substance duplicating via inventory overweight
- Player collision capsule is disabled when a player is dead
- Fixed multiple messages here and there in order to better explain the situation and what is happening
- Slightly optimized netcode
- Optimized guild lands drawing algorithm
- Optimized server to database communication
- Fixed client crash on claim removal
- Fixed inability to use Sacrifice when a monument is being upgraded
- A few server crash issues have been addressed
- Optimized collision models of some objects. This should boost servers performance slightly.
- Fixed an exploit making some players invulnerable
- Fixed a situation where a character was dismounted from a horse after stun. Now a dismount will only happen if a character is knocked dow.
- Now renaming, opening and dropping bags and similar containers is working properly
- Ranger skill abuse with pavise fixed
- Fixed ability to draw a spear on horseback
- Fixed terraforming related substance dupe
- You can no longer add fuel to damaged devices
- Fixed the quality cap on metal types in the case of chainmail armor crafting
- Fixed /stuck exploit, which would allow players to get inside a fortified perimeter
- Fixed incorrect food quality multiplier calculation. Now the value of the multiplier is recalculated with hunger increase
- You can gather silkworm cocoons from medium mulberry trees
— The team