The first patch of the year in 2018 delivers a lot of fixes! First of all, we’re glad to announce, that we’ve fixed all known issues related to the server node border crossings. That includes the crossing of these borders while mounted and while pulling a trader’s cart with your horse.
We have also added some fixes to our Instanced Battles system. We expect that players should have fewer problems joining these battles with an improved chance for them to start properly. There are still some issues that might persist, but we’ve added very detailed logging to the IB system, so fixing any remaining issues should not take that long.
Many players have asked us what the current algorithm is for picking the map for an Instanced Battle. IB logic tries to start IBs on the map that the defending guild is on. If this map is not available for the IB (not in a list of available maps for IB or occupied by another battle currently) the algorithm picks a random map from the list. We’re going to tweak this algorithm further during development.
Last, but not least, we’ve decided to fix the long-lasting exploit that certain players have used a lot. During official guild vs. guild wars, players that were about to die would leave their guild. That would result in a big alignment loss for player’s killer, since, technically, they just killed a guildless neutral player. To discourage such behavior in the future, we have decided to implement an “Oathbreaker” penalty - significant alignment loss including criminal status when leaving a guild.
Patch notes (ver. 0.11.0.0):
New features and tweaks:
- All characters that are leaving guilds will lose 10 alignment (and will become criminals for a good amount of time)
- Fixed city claim booting mechanics that were not working properly. Relogging or /stucking inside the guild city claim will move you outside of the CITY claim unless you have the proper “Can Enter” right. Same logic works for the private claims.
- Added 'Wooden Arrow' and 'Wooden Bolt' crafting recipes. Only wood is needed for their creation and they’re primarily designed for training purposes.
- Added alternative recipe for all types of arrows/bolts, requires 10 Branches instead of 1 Billet
- Client version and location reporting string (in the left upper corner) is updated with additional info
- When transferring from the Newbie Island to the mainland you should clearly see the name of the gaming world you’re transferring on now
- Added Spanish localization
- Fixed multiple known issues related to the server nodes borders crossings
- Numerous issues with Instanced Battles are fixed: empty participant lists, inability to start in certain circumstances, corrected IB primetime calculation for different time zones (NA region).
- Fixed a server crash related to the player’s equipment management
- Fixed both server and client sided crash related to the players slipping from the horses and other players
- Fixed an exploit with barter that allowed player to perform homecoming with all their inventory with them
- Beehives now save gathered honey amounts between maintenances. That should fix current beehive issues.
- Fixed Tailor's Bench damaged state