[MMO] Godenland Wipe announcement

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.
Arrakis

[MMO] Godenland Wipe announcement

Post by Arrakis » 15 Apr 2020, 18:39

Hello, Feudalists!

Today we want to give you more details about the upcoming wipe and update.
First of all, we’ve decided that the update will happen this Friday, April 17th. You will have the weekend to test out the changes before Godenland’s wipe happens on Monday, April 20th. We understand that this date is different from the one originally mentioned on AMA, however, we would like to implement some of the changes discussed, which requires more time than it was originally intended. Our apologies.
Second, we would like to share the list of changes that will come with the update:

• Skill cap for Crafting and Minor skills will be increased to 1000 and 800 respectively;
  • Lesser Battle Totem will be available for crafting on Siege Engineer’s Workshops. Just as before, it can be used to start a Lesser Instanced Battle;
  • Fix for a bug that, in some cases, prevented outpost transfer after a successful capture will be implemented;
  • Fix for a bug that allowed using Repair ability during Holy Judgement from a neighbouring fief will be implemented;
  • Destroy, Repair and Build Premium Decoration will now be forbidden during Holy Judgement for characters with rights to use those abilities;
  • Inability to see item’s name in a blueprint put on market will be fixed;
  • Regional items will have their regions displayed when placed on market;
  • Support cost for all fiefs will be reduced by half;
  • Taxes will no longer be paid from fiefs belonging to the guild-province owner;
  • Taxes from captured provinces will be increased from 20% to 100% from a base fief support cost;
  • Fix for a bug that prevented interaction with objects placed underwater will be implemented;
  • Construction on the tiles below 0.0 height will no longer be possible;
  • Space occupied by all outposts will be increased;
  • Warcry “Coward!” will only work against people in peaceful stance;
  • Stats required to use Heavy Crossbow will be increased;
  • Maximum energy of a bolt launched from a Heavy Crossbow will be decreased;
  • Damage dealt by throwing pots will be increased;
  • Warhorses should knock out all characters while galloping;
  • Attacks from players standing in protectorates will only deal damage to animals, Training Dummies and Archery Targets;
  • Instance Battle sides members’ limit proportion will be decreased from 1:3 to 1:2
  • Ability “Wreck” will be added to “Demolition” skill branch to prevent abuse of incomplete buildings placed on the claim during Judgement Hour;
  • Successful parry will be possible in a smaller arc;
  • Guild ranks will be updated:
    • 10th rank will contain 50% of all guilds in the world
    • 9th rank — 30%
    • 8th rank — 4%
    • 7th rank — 4%
    • 6th rank — 4%
    • 5th rank — 3%
    • 4th rank — 2%
    • 3rd rank — 1.5%
    • 2nd rank — 1%
    • 1st rank — 0.05%
  • Fragility of all armor types will be decreased by 60%;
  • Maximum duration of “Bed Rest” effects will be decreased to 5 minutes;
  • Luck influence will be fixed for Material Processing skill branch;
  • Fix for a bug that allowed certain premium items to be sacrificed to Holza will be implemented;
  • Deconstruct ability will be added to the incomplete Military Outpost;
  • Ability “Destroy” will be hidden on admin lands;
  • Fix for “Worship” button availability for newbie world will be implemented;
  • Maximum speed bonus from Agility will be increased (+1.5%);
  • Prices when selling to the Crown will be updated;
  • Maximum amount of resources gathered from Plant Fiber, Flint Stone, Branch and Alchemic Herbs will be multiplied by 3;
  • Wooden walls resistance will be further decreased from 150 (130 in some cases) to 15;
  • A bug that prevented guilds with more than 30 outposts from using “Remote outpost support” ability will be fixed;
  • Durability loss on each hit for armors and weapons will be divided by 2;
  • Quarry Outpost will be producing Shaped Rock and Granite as well;
  • Weights of Padded, Chainmail and Leather armors will be decreased;
  • Recipe requirements on items quantity for armor will be increased, however, regionality of most items for Heavy armor will be removed;
  • Premium Orange Cloaks will be added.
Third, we would like to address a mistake in our last patch notes (0.25.30.0). The line “A fief won’t get transferred as a result of a lost IB if it has been captured by another guild before the battle starts” should actually state “... a result of an Instanced Battle…”. We apologize for the inconvenience.

— The Team

TheBruce

Re: Godenland Wipe announcement

Post by TheBruce » 15 Apr 2020, 19:01

Delete the skill loss on death and maybe people will come back even after a wipe. Otherwise have fun on an empty world.

Hoeller300

Post by Hoeller300 » 15 Apr 2020, 19:23

Realy ?? 1000 Comat-Skill Points ??
You realy don`t even have any plan what you do in this game right ??

Msggm73

Post by Msggm73 » 15 Apr 2020, 19:28

Thank you for the clarity...looking forward to the way ahead.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 15 Apr 2020, 19:43

Hi,

Was away for a little while (couple years?) and just poking my head back again now, it seems to me that a lot of changes are still being decided on the spur of the moment based on whoever in the community yells the louder.

Question: how do you feel that's worked for you so far, to take decision that way, and do you do anything different today in that decision-making process vs. what you were doing 2 years ago?

Thanks!
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Mat110

Post by Mat110 » 15 Apr 2020, 22:44

Well, at least we know what is going to happen. Not in limbo anymore :-P

AussiePastor
Alpha Tester

Post by AussiePastor » 16 Apr 2020, 00:28

Brilliant Patch Notes!!!

Well done, I love how quickly you used Common sense on Combat/PvP Skill Points to leave as is.

Question/. Can you Please Show/ADD a Table on the effect of a high Alignment affects SKILL LOSE.
Eg....1000 = 0
999-750 = 1
749-500 = 2

Also, please ADD that Piety can place a Building Blueprint to act as a Multiplier to Alignment prayer.
eg......60 = Small Church - x 50% (= School in Matts)
90 = Church - x 75% (= Lge House)
100 = Cathedral - 100% (= Lge Warehouse)
Aussie Pastor
Real Life Pastor that's a gamer.

Vlandddd

Post by Vlandddd » 16 Apr 2020, 04:38

TheBruce wrote:Delete the skill loss on death and maybe people will come back even after a wipe. Otherwise have fun on an empty world.

couldn't agree more. The alignment feature needs to be revised completely! It drives players away!

AussiePastor
Alpha Tester

Post by AussiePastor » 16 Apr 2020, 05:14

Vlandddd wrote:
TheBruce wrote:Delete the skill loss on death and maybe people will come back even after a wipe. Otherwise have fun on an empty world.

couldn't agree more. The alignment feature needs to be revised completely! It drives players away!

It only Drives away the "Goldfish" attention span players.

This Game is more about Hack & Slash.

Action = Responsibility = Results ( Positive & Negative )

So if you plan and select your actions = Rewards.
Aussie Pastor

Slugfinn

Post by Slugfinn » 16 Apr 2020, 08:04

You want to turn LiF into WoW, I think it wasn't the idea behind this project. The skill drop after death makes you think twice before you do something, and value your character more, also it adds realism (some people will prefer to surrender to stay alive or even some slave work as part of the role play). Adds adrenaline to the game. ;)
p.s Too bad there is no voice chat like it is in LiF YO, it's pretty uncomfortable to type and keeping the weapon ready at the same time.

TheBruce

Post by TheBruce » 16 Apr 2020, 14:55

Slugfinn wrote:

You want to turn LiF into WoW, I think it wasn't the idea behind this project. The skill drop after death makes you think twice before you do something, and value your character more, also it adds realism (some people will prefer to surrender to stay alive or even some slave work as part of the role play). Adds adrenaline to the game. ;)
p.s Too bad there is no voice chat like it is in LiF YO, it's pretty uncomfortable to type and keeping the weapon ready at the same time.

Wrong, what should make you think twice is the full loot.
Skill loss is just another way to make money with insurances and premium.
Plus, if you have a character skill capped you're discouraged from going around the world since to skill from 90 to 100 it takes forever ( and i speak as one who had all 100 in the old skilling way, doing action 10k times) and even if you lose 1 point it will take literally days to cap back. It's a game, not a full time job which i get paid for.
Without incentives to go out the world is just empty and everyone will work closed inside their castles, playing on their own, killing the chance of a world with real trade and making the game not funny for everyone, pvpers as well.

And by the way, i've never seen anyone surrending or rping slaves, probably cause i was always in red zones sieging and killing on sight.
It's a chance for developers to make this game a bit more lively and maybe find new players and have some of the old ones back, but since i'm used to be disappointed by them i'll continue to not play mmo like i did for the last year and a half.

AussiePastor
Alpha Tester

Post by AussiePastor » 17 Apr 2020, 02:04

TheBruce wrote:Wrong, what should make you think twice is the full loot.
Plus, if you have a character skill capped you're discouraged from going around the world since to skill from 90 to 100 it takes forever ( and i speak as one who had all 100 in the old skilling way, doing action 10k times) and even if you lose 1 point it will take literally days to cap back. It's a game, not a full time job which i get paid for.
Without incentives to go out the world is just empty and everyone will work closed inside their castles, playing on their own, killing the chance of a world with real trade and making the game not funny for everyone, pvpers as well.

And by the way, i've never seen anyone surrending or rping slaves, probably cause i was always in red zones sieging and killing on sight.
It's a chance for developers to make this game a bit more lively and maybe find new players and have some of the old ones back, but since i'm used to be disappointed by them i'll continue to not play mmo like i did for the last year and a half.

Again, you talk about TIME.
75 Days or so to hit 100 in a Tier 4 Skill is nothing.
It only seems long to a Child due to they don't have a long history of days before them.

An adult of 30+years can see that 75 Days is a blink of an eye.

PLus, Skill loss and Punishment to "Bandit only" Guilds need to have a short life spawn.
Because History did show such facts.

Going to War and Conquering was expensive and strategic; eg Rome, Mongols, Vikings etc.

But pesky little troll bandits where always a poor and short lived life.

May I add Pirates too.

That's why a limit to declaring WAR to only 5-10 Guilds at a cost of 1 gold/week.
would be a great addition.
Aussie Pastor

Vlandddd

Post by Vlandddd » 17 Apr 2020, 04:49

AussiePastor wrote:
TheBruce wrote:Wrong, what should make you think twice is the full loot.

Again, you talk about TIME.
75 Days or so to hit 100 in a Tier 4 Skill is nothing.
It only seems long to a Child due to they don't have a long history of days before them.

An adult of 30+years can see that 75 Days is a blink of an eye.

PLus, Skill loss and Punishment to "Bandit only" Guilds need to have a short life spawn.
Because History did show such facts.

Going to War and Conquering was expensive and strategic; eg Rome, Mongols, Vikings etc.

But pesky little troll bandits where always a poor and short lived life.

May I add Pirates too.

That's why a limit to declaring WAR to only 5-10 Guilds at a cost of 1 gold/week.
would be a great addition.

With all due respect. I am over 30 years old and what you said does not make sense if you want to make money out of a game. No money, no server up!

Unless you don't have a real-life, you may spend that much of time grinding to get to Lvl 100. But for the rest 99% of gamers, that is not the case. We all want realism, we all want people to think twice, we all want a lively world full of players - but the way this game is going it will be shutting down the main server in the near future.

Taking a marketing perspective, Lif has decided to please only a small niche of players. In terms of profit, you won't make much selling for such a small niche. It seems like the game is on "dog" stage using a BCG Matrix. So the devs either are collecting what remains to be collected in terms of profit, and in this case, no investment will be done in terms of new features, contents, gameplay... Or they are blindly stupid and don't know shit about how to publish a game.

Trust me, I am not asking the devs to shift the game towards a Rust kind of game. But they need to enhance new players' game experience.

AGAIN! LiF should be easy to play, and hard to master!
Otherwise, good luck getting the player base back to where it was 3 years ago.

Also, I couldn't agree more, skill loss sucks in so many ways. Ideally, it is great, but practically it punish criminals too much to a point that being criminal is not even an option. I talked this before, but it should be part of the game being a bandit. It should have its pros and cons like a normal player. This is a game or a simulator if you will. But the purpose of any game is to be able to do what you cannot do in real life and have fun with it.

I was part of a guild of 20-30 players. After we lost our last battle and our claim, none of these players ever came back to LiF. And that is the main issue! It is so grindy to re-establish as a new player, that once you lose everything, the majority won't come back. I said MAJORITY because I know some folks like AussiePastor will always come back. Unfortunately, you need the MAJORITY to make money.

I get it your "Action = Responsibility = Results ( Positive & Negative )" but it needs to be adjusted to a point that drives new players into the game! Unless you want to play LiF by yourself.

money=server up

AussiePastor
Alpha Tester

Post by AussiePastor » 17 Apr 2020, 05:09

Vlandddd wrote:

With all due respect. I am over 30 years old and what you said does not make sense if you want to make money out of a game. No money, no server up!........
[T]rust me, I am not asking the devs to shift the game towards a Rust kind of game. But they need to enhance new players' game experience.......

[A]lso, I couldn't agree more, skill loss sucks in so many ways. Ideally, it is great, but practically it punish criminals too much to a point that being criminal is not even an option. I talked this before, but it should be part of the game being a bandit. It should have its pros and cons like a normal player. This is a game or a simulator if you will. But the purpose of any game is to be able to do what you cannot do in real life and have fun with it.

Congratulation on being over 30; but you missed the point.

The "Criminals" is where the money is($10USD/Player), especially in Asia and South America and East Europe.

I too have experience in Marketing plus Governance Boards (25+yrs).
CoE was a Scam and died.
M&B II Bannerlord is not a MMO.
LiF has and still got plenty of potential.
Aussie Pastor

TheBruce

Post by TheBruce » 17 Apr 2020, 11:33

As Vland said, you can spend 75 days grinding all day long if you don't have a family or a job. If that's your situation i'm sorry for you, but that's not the majority.
Potential can be realised, or not. This game is full of potential but has been developed badly, and the choices made about game politics are even worse.
Yesterday i took a look at the dashboard, 650 players online, right now 344.
With these numbers, considering how many people quitted their subscription after the wipe announcement, i wonder how devs will keep the servers up, not mentioning how they will "develop" new stuff paying employees.

By the way, criminal punishment in game is just bullshit for two simple reasons:
1. you can create a guild and declare war to all the world guilds, a lot of ppl did that, so you almost never lose alignment.
2. You can just buy a new character, skill only a couple combat skill (60 points are reached very fast and are more than enough to fight properly) and even if you die you can place your char in front of a dummy and start a cycle macro to regain all points while doing other stuff.

So, all the stuff about actions, responsability and result is nonsense since you can easily jump it with a couple tricks.
You have people who can lose skills without problems and nothing to lose on one side, and others who won't go out their castle in the fear of losing a point or two in their top skills, does this look like a win/win situation?

It seems like it's the final sprint trying to cash as much as they can before selling the project or just closing the servers, so sad for this game.

Slugfinn

Post by Slugfinn » 17 Apr 2020, 12:26

Looks like you don't understand game mechanics. 1 char for battle, the other for crafting/farming, farmers should stay home, unless they want to taste some steel. No one is asking you to max your combat skills to 100 it's just not practical. And the only satisfaction in killing other chars is skill drop, not the full loot. Let's make the game even more hardcore 1 life for every char then it resps in the noobland, and need to buy the ticket again.

To be honest i don't like the "new" leveling system its to much "eve like" the old one was much better.

Saga_Banich

Re: [MMO] Godenland Wipe announcement

Post by Saga_Banich » 17 Apr 2020, 16:58

What about the tiny amount of money I saved up for my claim? Will it be safe inside the tradepost in the protected land?

Janusz.kosakowski

Post by Janusz.kosakowski » 18 Apr 2020, 18:04

It's all about money. In the previous version I could feed claima in a few moments now I can't do it. So the manufacturer only counts on money. And this is the crux of everything. This is one example. Expect no more players

The creators of the game will destroy themselves, destroy this wonderful game. I've been playing almost since the beginning of this game. Her idea alone is great. But ideas after the first vip all missed.

AussiePastor
Alpha Tester

Post by AussiePastor » 19 Apr 2020, 01:51

Slugfinn wrote:Looks like you don't understand game mechanics. 1 char for battle, the other for crafting/farming, farmers should stay home, unless they want to taste some steel. No one is asking you to max your combat skills to 100 it's just not practical. And the only satisfaction in killing other chars is skill drop, not the full loot. Let's make the game even more hardcore 1 life for every char then it resps in the noobland, and need to buy the ticket again.

To be honest i don't like the "new" leveling system its to much "eve like" the old one was much better.

Bravo
Aussie Pastor

Rheanon

Post by Rheanon » 20 Apr 2020, 13:00

I am a newbie by game standards. Just started playing last February. I don't see why the game is dead. It has so much potential and there is so much to do. There are lots of ways to develop a character and I find the game addictive to a certain extent. The company could revive this game without compromising its core principles by hiring a marketing consultant and making minor adjustments. A few marketing strategies could attract more players. Just a thought.

JulesRitter
Zealous Believer

Post by JulesRitter » 20 Apr 2020, 16:30

Oh I DEFINITELY think there should be consequences for rats killing surrenders AND xp hits for dying. Also this is not just a hack and slash game, otherwise there would be no farming, building or crafting component.

I think the penalties should be higher for rats, the worse your rep the worse your xp hit X 100... perhaps a rat scalp or ear you trade for at the GM.

In fact there should be a rep bonus for killing a rat. Then you would see real bounty hunters.

And yes that is because I don't like it when rats kill noobs, for a pile of rocks and sticks, just because they were given a longsword.

Or maybe a middle ground.

Just my humble opinion.

Return to News and Information