Animals have too much health

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Soriki
Zealous Believer

Animals have too much health

Post by Soriki » 17 Nov 2017, 15:27

I hunted down a dear I think it was; And from I remember.. It took an extreme amount of hits, even tho I was using my two handed axe

Like maybe more than 40 or something..

(Starter one)

Don't think that makes much sense... If you can take down a tree in a few hits while the dear took me so many hits to the head and torso to kill, then I think something is definitely wrong here .-.

Although I understand if you want to keep it that way for whatever reason, be it making hunting more of a focused and harder thing to do that's fine...

Just wanted to share this, I think it's very important

Daenerys

Re: Animals have too much health

Post by Daenerys » 17 Nov 2017, 16:46

i killed 7 dears with primitive axe no problem about 10 hits to the head for each

Soriki
Zealous Believer

Post by Soriki » 17 Nov 2017, 17:07

Daenerys wrote:i killed 7 dears with primitive axe no problem about 10 hits to the head for each

10 hits? Pretty sure I hit way more times than that with the 2 hander
Both to the head and to the body

And even then, 10 hits to the head? Ludicrously unrealistic for something that takes down a tree so easily

InnocentFarmer
Alpha Tester

Post by InnocentFarmer » 17 Nov 2017, 18:07

Soriki wrote:
Daenerys wrote:i killed 7 dears with primitive axe no problem about 10 hits to the head for each

And even then, 10 hits to the head? Ludicrously unrealistic for something that takes down a tree so easily

It's a game, not a real life simulator.
It's designed that way so some things are not too easy to do.
Neither is the combat that realistic, because it's a game.

So yeah, it's designed like that on purpose.

Soriki
Zealous Believer

Post by Soriki » 17 Nov 2017, 18:29

InnocentFarmer wrote:
Soriki wrote:

It's a game, not a real life simulator.
It's designed that way so some things are not too easy to do.
Neither is the combat that realistic, because it's a game.

So yeah, it's designed like that on purpose.

A good foundation of realism is highly beneficial to a game's overall quality

Especially when it's a game with a realistic focus
I don't see any fucking dragons roaming around, so it better have some good basic laws of reality working correctly, otherwise, it becomes ludicrously unimmersive and B A D

I personally think this shit of taking so many hits to the head with a damn 2 handed axe to kill such a weak animal makes no damn sense and it's literally just cancer

Leave the difficulty to more realistically hard things like... Finding the damn animal in the first place, the game literally has a realistic feature of "looking for tracks" in place, and that's good

Making it unnecessarily hard and nonsensical to kill it makes no damn sense

Now if you for some weird reason want hunting to be made harder by breaking logic.. Ok, but that's just going to dampen the game's quality

Not like it even matters in the first place, you can still kill it without taking 30 minutes, either way, it's just a damn useless annoyance, and hunting down an animal that stops regularly is NOT VERY HARD

Just tedious and boring, does not add anything towards the game that takes a few extra minutes or whatever extra amount of time depending on what weapon you're using, but it won't make any real difference, doesn't make the game any better

Would you be fine if it took an hour to kill it instead of a few minutes?

Animals are just magically demigods that can take hundreds of blows before they go down?

If that's gonna be the case, why even bother with having only normal animals lul, might as well make the normal animals realistic in health while having fantasy creatures that take much more time to kill and with a much bigger reward

Return to Feedback Section