is it a ban or a bug?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Zathurus
Alpha Tester

is it a ban or a bug?

Post by Zathurus » 24 Nov 2017, 19:22

Guy made a comment that was not accurate, I explained to him the error of his philosophy.

He then said, now I am banned. he said blocked, after some research.

The method of troll and then ban if a response occurs is a form of forced submission where a person is banned if they defend themselves when maligned.

anyways, if it is a ban, that would be an error, and honestly days without chat seem to indicate there is some problems occurring with right to assemble.
Last edited by Zathurus on 25 Nov 2017, 21:07, edited 1 time in total.

Hodo
True Believer

Re: is it a ban or a bug?

Post by Hodo » 24 Nov 2017, 19:36

The question is, HOW did you explain to this person they were wrong?

Zathurus
Alpha Tester

Post by Zathurus » 25 Nov 2017, 18:44

Hodo wrote:The question is, HOW did you explain to this person they were wrong?

I explained the philosophical point around the usage of the comment he made. Where his usage was not accurate based on systems that exist in all societies, and by his comment, he is also saying that anything can be done to him by some real world authority.

And I elaborated that his comment would justify actions that would be considered to be an abuse of power based on what is considered a fair exchange of goods and services for some money.

I guy was complaining and his comment was the game does not need the guy anyways, and that every player has to take it or leave it.

That is the wrong information exchange model to support the game, that is the wrong conclusion of what a service for fee model is, and it opens the door for actions to be taken against some players to drive them away because they don't fit a mold, while in truth, just like a hedge fund, complainers are a good information source and push back, and if some people arn't complaining then the game is not challenging enough.

The other time, A guy wanted my opinion on communism, to bait me into an off topic conversation, so I told him I have no experience with that, I only know of the system of economic central control by corporations, fascism, that is in place in the USA to limit prosperity and control society by suppressing production, and when he said I need to stop being poor, I told them I would, when I am paid what I am due.

So in both cases I made an annoying argument to answer a question to someone that was making a comment to me, and requesting an answer. Because the first step to forced submission is for someone to be forced to not be able to reply to a challenging assertion against them or put to them.

Zathurus
Alpha Tester

Post by Zathurus » 25 Nov 2017, 18:50

Hodo wrote:The question is, HOW did you explain to this person they were wrong?

And my comment is if there is a ban, it should not be secret, and should be based on some standard.

The only standard I have seen is 'talking in chat' gets a ban. When in the help channel, I specifically said this is the help channel and that is off topic, to a guy that was baiting me to converse in defense of just ideological concepts.

Although honestly I am pretty sure I was never around the real chat channels, because 3 people posting when 900 people are in a channel is not what usually occurs.

Note there should also be a general information chat for game discussions that are not help, or support, but that is not one of the game channels.

And your comment is in the form that 'no chat' could be ban, and if that is the case, not telling the player would be like having a world ending nuclear deterrent and not telling anyone - see movie doctor strangelove.

If it is a ban, reason, time, and a process for review and contestation should exist. and if it was a ban, there should be a list of those banned and reason available somewhere.

Personally I think someone is adjusting Deep Blue in an attempt to get it to be able to logically win a conversation it keeps being on the wrong side of.

Chairman
True Believer

Post by Chairman » 25 Nov 2017, 20:37

Colour me surprised.

Zathurus
Alpha Tester

Post by Zathurus » 25 Nov 2017, 21:07

Chairman wrote:Colour me surprised.

What part surprises you?

Chairman
True Believer

Post by Chairman » 25 Nov 2017, 21:26

Zathurus wrote:
Chairman wrote:Colour me surprised.

What part surprises you?

I wonder ;)

Zathurus
Alpha Tester

Post by Zathurus » 25 Nov 2017, 22:08

Chairman wrote:I wonder ;)

nothing to wonder about, Taming systems in place in USA and other places are to try to pacify people to accept being unjustly controlled.

So all those searches by TSA including violations of personal space, are to get you to accept it.

Same thing with chat, someone comes in pokes you, if you respond they create some problem, if you don't they have taken a step to taming you. You don't state an opinion when your right any more.

It is only a small thing to get someone to transfer accepting wrong in words to accepting wrong in actions, so that is why so much focus is put into harassment in some systems.

Note that is not about this game, but could be about chat in this game on my system, since there is no guarantee any of the chat I read on internet is same chat other people get in some game. They have reroute and fake systems and filters to use for harassment as examples. but then they die.

Return to General Discussion