General Training Tips

Want to learn or teach others some of the finer details of Life is Feudal? This section is for the game guides, tutorials and FAQ's.
Killa162

General Training Tips

Post by Killa162 » 27 Nov 2017, 16:18

I'm looking to train up a few things fast.

Con 50

Artisan 60
Carpentry 90/100
Bow craft 90/100

The rest of my skill points for crafting I'm not 100% sure on yet. Since idk what else I'll need to put them in or want to put them in.

Combat on the other hand is straight forward to train. Hit a dummy to a certain point. Wear armor you want to train while someone punches you etc...

I've leveled my Str/Agi to the desired levels, I just need the rest into Con now. But haven't seen or heard any good fast ways to get it up quickly. Lastly I'm just looking for something quick to craft for Carpentry and Bow crafting that gives the most skill gain but is cheap to make. I have a large guild so I doubt mats would be hard to come by to properly level.

Velius

Re: General Training Tips

Post by Velius » 29 Nov 2017, 08:31

Killa162 wrote:I'm looking to train up a few things fast.

Con 50

Artisan 60
Carpentry 90/100
Bow craft 90/100

The rest of my skill points for crafting I'm not 100% sure on yet. Since idk what else I'll need to put them in or want to put them in.

Combat on the other hand is straight forward to train. Hit a dummy to a certain point. Wear armor you want to train while someone punches you etc...

I've leveled my Str/Agi to the desired levels, I just need the rest into Con now. But haven't seen or heard any good fast ways to get it up quickly. Lastly I'm just looking for something quick to craft for Carpentry and Bow crafting that gives the most skill gain but is cheap to make. I have a large guild so I doubt mats would be hard to come by to properly level.

Con is usually slow across the board. I would look at the minor skills tab and pick one with con as a primary or secondary stat. Can also grind out a profession that has it listed as a promary. You can always set it to degrade later on when you have the HP you are looking for.

For artisan, undergrowth. ALL of the undergrowth! Cut it down and then uproot the stumps. Doing both will get you nearly 0.1 skill points in total. More if you have a good food multiplier going. It's just about everywhere. Also while you are out there keep observe mode toggled on and look for red tiles as they likely also have stumps that need uprooting.

For carpentry, saw out softwood billets and make handles. They are the most efficient time to materials to skill gain, plus the sawing of the billets will also get you some gains in the earliest skill levels. That should get you to 60 without much trouble so you can juice your bowcraft. 60+ on any profession is rough and I am not certain on if another item becomes superior for grind crafting, but this will get you started.

I am fairly naive to bowcraft so I can't comment with any amount of certainty. I would look for the most efficient item as far as mats to time to gains. If you have access to coops, you can never have too many arrows.

Eat the best food you can acquire and go nuts. Good luck!

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 30 Nov 2017, 15:14

Velius wrote:I am fairly naive to bowcraft so I can't comment with any amount of certainty. I would look for the most efficient item as far as mats to time to gains. If you have access to coops, you can never have too many arrows.

Eat the best food you can acquire and go nuts. Good luck!

Bowcrafting isnt that bad once you get your carpentry up to 60.

As soon as you unlock bowcrafting start making arrows out of hardwood billets and feathers. It helps to have snares laid out every day. I usually set 10-20 snares a day to catch chickens and rabbits. If you can get a coop use that too... put 10-14 chickens in it, let them breed kill of any chicken over 7 days old.

You get 10 feathers per chicken slaughtered, that is 100 arrows per chicken.

I like to save up about 100 feathers then go through a arrow crafting spree. If you have 720 arrows and 72 hardwood billets you can power hour them all and gain a few points about 5-10 depending on food bonus and skill level.

Arrows are the easiest because you will go through them grinding archery up. So it is a win win.

Velius

Post by Velius » 02 Dec 2017, 11:22

Killa162 wrote:

Almost forgot about this part!

In case you haven't already found out the hard way, or if any other new players come across this thread looking for advice, this is a very key change from the old days of YO.

Armor skills are no longer a thing. You either can wear the armor or you can't. The ability to wear armor is now tied to specific skill families and as you advance through those lines you can wear the more powerful armor with the Novice set available at 30 points in the first skill, all the way through Royal set at 30 in the final skill. Breakdown is as follows:

Cavalry through Lancer: Chain
Militia through guard: Padded
Footman through Huscarl: Scale
Assaulter through Berserker: Plate
Punching Yourself In the Crotch, err.. I mean.. Slinger through Ranger: Leather

If you try to gain skill by having a friend duel with you you will only end of with broken armor and broken ribs.

Incidentally, I'm fairly certain that the Assaulter family and the Cavalry family were switched at some point, as the classical image of a knight jousting with a lance is always one of full platemail, and the Berserker helmet skin is a skin for chain.

The only exception to this is if you are training anything in the Footman to huscarl line, holding up a shield to block while another player hits it will grant you nigh double the skill points as hitting a dummy. The only caveat is the shield you are using must be from the skill you are looking to gain (Footman you need a primitive shield/targe, Footman you need a kite/heater, etc, etc). Added bonus to this is your friend will gain additional skill if they are attacking a live target and not a dummy.

If you do try the above, do not attempt to create some sort of macro and attempt to AFK it. You shield will eventually break, and if your friend is a Vanguard it will break quickly, and he will then be hitting YOU. If he's using a trainer, you'll be KO'd. If he's using an edge, RIP 5 skill points.

Return to Guides and Tutorials