[Old and Grumpy US - Dallas] THIS IS A REPOST PLEASE READ

Discussions and advertising of dedicated, private servers made by players, for players

KingEnemy

[Old and Grumpy US - Dallas] THIS IS A REPOST PLEASE READ

Post by KingEnemy » 06 Nov 2014, 03:28

Some Old and Grumpy gamers invite you to join us for a good time.
We're a community on "older" gamers (18+, please) who enjoy playing games without the BS generally associated with online gaming - griefing, exploiting, etc.
We have been playing Life is Feudal for a short while now, and one thing we noticed was that most servers we played on were either a) hosted from some guy's basement, or b) laggy as hell. So I (m0nk33) decided to do something about it.
I had been using an nfoservers managed CS:GO server for a while, and while I was really pleased with their service and performance, I wasn't getting enough players to justify having just a CS:GO server. So, I changed from a managed game server to a unmanaged VPS. Basically, I got a virtual machine with dedicated memory and dedicated CPU cores that I could do whatever I wanted with.
So come, join us. We do mild RP (some meta OK - helping newbies learn game in global, etc. nothing like giving locations), PvP is cool if role-played to a decent level, thievery is part of the game but must be RP'd correctly. Please, no login-jumping into bases. Using corpses as containers is cool (macabre as it may be).
For more info about why I chose nfoservers, check out these links:
Description of VDS/VPS: https://www.nfoservers.com/virtual-dedi ... entals.php
The network our server uses: https://www.nfoservers.com/networklocations.php

joinToRemoteServer("74.91.120.222:28000")
Old And Grumpy :: Mild RP :: Dedicated - Dallas - nfoservers
Mild RP :: PvP :: PvE
64 max slots, US (Dallas) based server
Skill multiplier: 5
Skilcap: 3000

GrimmisJedi

Re: [Old and Grumpy US - Dallas] THIS IS A REPOST PLEASE REA

Post by GrimmisJedi » 06 Nov 2014, 18:02

Hello I am currently on your server and have noticed maybe people using the "floating log trick" on the villages. To get over walls. When should we report activity like this to you, eg: how long is the window before you can't tell who did it.

Thanks

Grim

KingEnemy

Post by KingEnemy » 06 Nov 2014, 18:50

Im not the admin boss, Im a player on the server trying to get more people to come to it. We have a general idea of who is using it and my people and I are currently working on hunting them down due to them ATTEMPTING to raid us. They failed. Until floating logs can be fixed its best for you to bury your bags, hide them in stumps, or make a warehouse large or small and store your items in there. Only real way to see who is doing it is to catch them, since its not actually an exploit. Because technically you could built a ramp of logs 1:2:3:4:5 as steps to get over walls which isnt cheating or anything since you can do it in real life. Its part of a siege, It will be in the MMO so players need to get use to having their stuff stolen, dying being killed, and their corpse looted. Because keep in mind in the mmo you wont be able to goto GMs and Game devs to ask for you stuff back or to ban someone just for killing you or because they raided you. Thus the reason im trying to get more people on the server so that there can be some communities and villages here instead of just the 2-3 that exist. So hide your valuables as best as you can or build a warehouse. So when they do use floating logs or raid your place legit they wont find anything =)

Ariakas

Post by Ariakas » 13 Nov 2014, 06:50

: : Baptized by Fire is starting to play on your server.

If you're interested in ever organizing something or need help with builds, look us up. http://www.clanbbf.com. :beer:

Comadzy

Post by Comadzy » 15 Nov 2014, 14:10

Great server. Been playing on it for roughly a week. Still lots of space to set up your new settlement. Hope to trade with you ingame :)

Return to Private Servers