how to edit claim duration

Little_chewy_69

how to edit claim duration

Post by Little_chewy_69 » 19 Jan 2015, 01:00

i would like to edit the duration of the claim times but i can't find the files in the directory could someone please tell me the location.

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Re: how to edit claim duration

Post by Maegfaer » 20 Jan 2015, 21:51

It's a database change, look in 'objects_types' table and change the OwnerTimeout.
Pioneer LiF:YO modder
Author of Life is Balanced
My Modding Guide

Ziong18

Post by Ziong18 » 21 Jan 2015, 09:16

After changing the OwnerTimeout, do make sure that you either delete the patch.sql from the server directory or modify it to reflect the changes you make in db or else it will overwrite the changes once you restart the server

Little_chewy_69

Post by Little_chewy_69 » 23 Jan 2015, 00:19

I upped the claim time to 30 days and it just shows a - - for a claim time is that because that it's not programmed to be set that long, will it start to count down when it gets within the 48 hours timer? I am having some troubles deciphering the difference between client and server folders. For example i am using heidiSQL program because that is the program bluefangsolutions (server provider) said that i need to edit server files, which has worked for them all as long as i edit the sql files under the overseer file manager. Are the client files edited withing heidisql too or are those the sql files on the website i am somewhat confused. Any info or links would be great as i'm noticing the search engine on this site does not work very well.

Ziong18

Post by Ziong18 » 25 Jan 2015, 11:22

Your claim timer will show up as - whenever there is over 5 days of time. Once its less than 5 days left you will see actual numbers.
Client side files are in your LiF folder, on your PC, not internet. There, especially in the Data folder, you should see similar files as in your server's directory (file manager). Some changes require the communication of both server side and client side files with each other, meaning they have to be changed same way.

Niflheimur

Post by Niflheimur » 03 Mar 2015, 18:08

Im haveing problems finding the Patch.SQL in the server database, have a dedicated server hosted by BlackBoxServers, and in the database the SQL folder is empty and every time i change the OwnerTimeout with HeidiSQL and restart the server it goes to default 24 hours pls advice.

Marrv

Post by Marrv » 03 Mar 2015, 19:14

Niflheimur » replied to your other thread about your problem

anyone who has edited owner timeout since patch noticing the guild claim areas growth rate being off?

Need to dissect the patch.sql further but has the guild claim area growth rate been tied to the ownertimeout?

Return to Modded Servers