Game server memory usage

Discussions and advertising of dedicated, private servers made by players, for players
Guahos

Game server memory usage

Post by Guahos » 04 May 2015, 17:43

Hey guys!

I just have a little concern about the amount of memory used by dedicated game server. I am running one, and about 10 ppl are usually online and playing at my server.
I used to see that the amount of memory occupied by ddctd_cm_yo_server.exe process is something between 1.5-2 GB, but after recent update at 4/30/15 I see that ddctd_cm_yo_server.exe uses only like 20 MB of memory, that looks pretty weird cause memory usage reduced by almost 90% now. Of course I understand that the update may also bring some server code optimization, but it started to use not like 10% or even 20% less memory, but the entire 90%! That really looks weird and makes me concerned..
Please tell me how should I consider this, as a magic update, that really reduced 90% of mem usage, or as a sign of an issue?

Guahos

Re: Game server memory usage

Post by Guahos » 05 May 2015, 18:28

I am not sure that I've posted this in a proper forum, if so, I am asking a moderator to move the thread to a proper one.
But I am really bothered with this, cause I am totally afraid to get my server's data lost or just to get involved in some other issues with my server, so please guys answer my question if you can.
A great thanks in advance!

Return to Private Servers