OC Networks gone?

Discussions and advertising of dedicated, private servers made by players, for players

SynC_187

OC Networks gone?

Post by SynC_187 » 30 Apr 2015, 18:27

Have just tried to log on to my OC Networks control panel to patch server and find that the page no longer works and takes me to a domain registration page. Doing direct to their home page gives the same result.

The banner is also no longer displayed on the recommended hosts post on this forum because the server hosting the image has gone.

Anyone heard anything? I have just paid this months hosting.....

Ghost_swe79
True Believer

Re: OC Networks gone?

Post by Ghost_swe79 » 30 Apr 2015, 19:54

Hello

We have the same issue I dont know if we just got scammed or something. 3 days ago i recived this mail from OC Networks

Dear ****** ********,

We know that better customer service starts with better communication and support is our top priority so our website techs have been working on a brand new system to take over our current system that we are running and below are some of the awesome features that we are deploying for you!

Features coming to OCN!

Self-service: Full knowledge base
Self-service: Moderated community support
Email support
Phone support
Live Chat
Multiple tickets
Support for 40+ languages
Community
Internal knowledge base
Help Center dashboard
And much more!

All this integrated into one panel on our systems!!!

We hope to deploy this within the next 24 hours so please bare with us.*******

But everything is gone after that.... even there facebook seems deleted :evil:

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 30 Apr 2015, 20:17

We are currently investigating what is happening with OC Network as they are our hosting partners. We will inform you about the situation once we got some info from them.

SynC_187

Post by SynC_187 » 02 May 2015, 11:43

Thank you.

Yes the reason we used them for hosting was being we assumed an official hosting partner would be reliable.

Unfortunately their domain no longer resolves and there is still no control panel.

Also can't get on to any web page to cancel subscription, so I guess it's lucky I have just got a new bank card. Never know if they are going to keep taking money.

There is a Facebook page about people being ripped off by them and their owners history of dodgy companies.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 02 May 2015, 14:45

For the time being we have removed them from our partnership lists since they do not respond to our attempts to make contact with them.

Radamere

Post by Radamere » 02 May 2015, 17:44

I would suggest if you use paypal to pay them to contact paypal/ They will usually be able to recover money from people like this and hopefully get you a refund of some sort.

*heads off to follow his own advice*

Ghost_swe79
True Believer

Post by Ghost_swe79 » 07 May 2015, 07:52

Today i saw that they tried to withraw money from my paypal

I just recived this mail from OC retard networks.......

Best ::::: ::::::::::

We tried a while ago to bill your recurring order 1*5***7*1*** in OC Networks LTD .

for the following items:
Recurring Subscription for Invoice # ***5* : 40.40 ( EUR)

However , paypal Declined the transaction for the Following Reason :

10417 : No valid Funding Source

2Checkout will attempt to recurring bill this order again on 2015-05-09 .

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Next time LIF check ur damn partners before u guys recomend them to ur community........ cant say im very happy about this........

SynC_187

Post by SynC_187 » 07 May 2015, 12:02

Even more glad I have a new card now then. Only 4 days before my payment would be taken, so wonder if they will try.

Yes it is disappointing, especially with a lot of bedroom hosts around renting a virtual server and running loads of game servers on it badly, you expect a certain level of vetting.

We will come back and check on LiF when things are a bit more stable and hosts are more established.

Kevlen13
True Believer

Post by Kevlen13 » 14 May 2015, 14:02

They "received my cancellation request" in March, yet I have been billed two more times. The payment processing vendor they use is www.2co.com. I had them stop billing today but they cannot process refunds. Guess that's money I won't get back.

OC Networks seems to have taken the money and ran. They are gone now, - site is gone completely.
" Assumption is the mother of all f-ups...."

Endimmion

Post by Endimmion » 19 May 2015, 22:06

This does not surprise me. One of the founder has done that already before.

Daniel Freeman, the director of OCNetworks (http://www.companydirectorcheck.com/daniel-freeman-28), was also the founder of a previous hosting company HF Game Servers LTD (http://companycheck.co.uk/company/08545 ... ecretaries)

I was in partnership with them and suddenly the whole company was dissolved. Recently, OCNETWORKs contacted me to make a partnership.

I was lucky to remember the name "Daniel Freeman".

I'm pretty sure he will start a new hosting company in the future, so if you see this name in the staff, run away ^^

Return to Private Servers