Problems with patch.sql and steamcmd

Discussions and advertising of dedicated, private servers made by players, for players
Grimmblut
Zealous Believer

Problems with patch.sql and steamcmd

Post by Grimmblut » 08 Apr 2015, 20:04

Hi,

I'm setting up a dedicated server (Win 2012 R2, with current MariaDB and HeidiSQL) and have run into two problems.

1. Problem with patch.sql

I've downloaded the current "LiF:My own dedicated server" with steamcmd and set up the DB LiF_1 from new.sql. When I run patch.sql on the same DB, I encounter the warning: FUNCTION lif_1.f_createGuildClaim does not exist.

I've checked the DB and said function does indeed not exist. I checked patch.sql and found this code:
Code: Select all
DROP FUNCTION IF EXISTS f_createGuildClaim;
CREATE FUNCTION `f_createGuildClaim`(
   `inGuildID` INT UNSIGNED,
   `inCenterGeoID` INT UNSIGNED,
   `inRadius` INT UNSIGNED
)
   RETURNS INT UNSIGNED
BEGIN
   DECLARE newGuildLandID, newClaimID INT UNSIGNED default NULL;

INSERT INTO guild_lands(`GuildID`, `CenterGeoID`, `Radius`, `LandType`)
   VALUES                 (inGuildID, inCenterGeoID, inRadius, 1/*core*/);

SET newGuildLandID =LAST_INSERT_ID();

INSERT INTO claims(`GuildLandID`, `SupportPoints`)
   VALUES            (newGuildLandID,   0);

SET newClaimID =LAST_INSERT_ID();

RETURN newClaimID;
END;

It seems to me, that if the function doesn't exist, which it doesn't, this code should create the function. But it doesn't do that either. So I extracted the code into a new sql-file, removed the "if not exists"-part and ran the code. It created the function without an error.

Does anyone know what could be the problem here? Do I have to run patch.sql at all if I install a new DB from the current installation directory (I thought that maybe they might have adapted new.sql to the current version already, so that you only need to run patch.sql if you're upgrading from a previous version)?

2. Problem with steamcmd

I can download and install "LiF:My own dedicated server" if I login anonymously, but if I login with my (newly created) steam account, which doesn't has LiF:YO (!!) in it's library, I receive an error message, that I don't have access to the "LiF:My own dedicated server"-app. If I login with my main steam account, which does have LiF:YO in it's library, I get access to the "LiF:My own dedicated server"-app. So you can get it anonymously but not with a registered account that doesn't has purchased LiF:YO yet? That doesn't make much sense to me. Am I missing something?

Thank you for your help! :)

Return to Private Servers