The Feudal Dragon group of old guys from eq1 days LFM PST

EbonDrake
True Believer

The Feudal Dragon group of old guys from eq1 days LFM PST

Post by EbonDrake » 17 Oct 2014, 16:06

Edited first post to reflect accuracy of server stats.

Server Name -
PingPerfect.com: The Feudal Dragon [DEDICATED]

Server Description - My best friend and I are both 39 and really into sandbox games. We've been spending quite some time now building a town up with help from other players. We would really like to have some more players around to help, chat, etc. The server is Hosted by PingPerfect and is in Dallas. (so they tell me) The day/night cycle is currently set to 2 hours. As of right now the XP multiplier is set to 6. The XP cap is set very high at 2000. I plan on lowering this by 100 for every person that plans on joining us on a regular daily basis to help out with the community. I'll leave it at 600 when we have enough people to share the work. Animal Breeding is set to 60. I'm done trying to find a sweet spot where the animals will flourish in a coop instead of having to refill it by building 30 snares a day. The player cap is 32 right now. If we ever get to a point where that is not enough I'll gladly raise it to 64. Through PingPerfect I have paid extra to have the CPU priority set to high instead of normal. I've also paid extra to have extra animals on the server.

We have someone working as a herbalist/Doctor though we could surely use more of everything. All professions are welcome. You won't be shunned because you want to be a blacksmith, carpenter, herbalist, cook, mason, craftsman, etc.. There's room for everyone to do something!

We're in this for the long haul. We'd LOVE to continue growing our server as the game progresses, updates get released, and we have a full fledged feudal Kingdom with siegecraft, espionage, and all of the other neat things we're looking forward to in LIF:YO

Server Rules - We have one section where we're building our little town, the rest of the entire map is free and you're welcome to do anything you like anywhere other than where the town is being built. If you'd like to help us with raising the town Please follow a couple of rules.
1) No tunneling or digging in the town. Until they get tunneling fixed, it's the only thing I can't undo as a GM.
2) Be polite and curtious when interacting with others. We are, and we ask that you are as well while you're spending time with us on a server that we've paid for. :)
3) No constructing new buildings in the town area unless approved by myself.
4) The game is full PVP, but we ask that you refrain from it while in the town area and where people are building unless you and the second party agree before hand to the duel.
5) Jerks, Greifers, Trolls, and people who use the words, "pleb", "swag", and "yolo" will be banned when I see them. We're grown ups, regardless of your age we ask that you act mature while helping us build this beautiful world. :)
6) Dishonesty and theivery will get you reprimanded or kicked/banned if proven. If you need something, ask, more than likely someone will be more than willing to help out. This IS a tough game after all!

Server IP:Port - 198.12.70.162:28000 - If you'd like to add this as a favorite simply have a steam friend in the game on our server and go to Steam > View > Servers > Friends and add this server to favorites. When in game it will show up on your favorites list at server select.

Server uptime - 24/7. I work during the day and play evenings after 6PM Mountain Standard time. If the server needs reset I can do so via my phone.

RP - This is not specifically an RP server. Role Playing is however not discouraged. You're welcome to Role Play as much as you'd like without fear of being teased or ridiculed. If you decide to do so, remember some people are not. Just as no one should get upset with you for speaking in character about your story, please don't be upset about people speaking out of character about whatever they choose to.

If you have any questions at all please send me a message via steam. We really are looking for more people to help us enjoy this game. Feel free to take a look at my screenshots for LIF:YO at any time to see how we're progressing!
Last edited by EbonDrake on 26 Oct 2014, 17:14, edited 4 times in total.

EbonDrake
True Believer

Re: The Feudal Dragon 2 old guys from the eq1 days LFM PST

Post by EbonDrake » 18 Oct 2014, 15:47

Changed XP Multiplier to 8 from 9
Changed day length to 4 from 2
Changed skill cap to 1900 from 2000, we have a new player. :)

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 18 Oct 2014, 18:53

I am an old guy from the eq1 days too. Rock on \m/

:beer:

EbonDrake
True Believer

Post by EbonDrake » 19 Oct 2014, 17:04

nice, you're welcome by any time :)

We've added a herbalist to our numbers! The skill cap is now 1800, animal breeding is set to 15, still trying to find that sweet spot where they breed nicely.

Jeager

Post by Jeager » 21 Oct 2014, 23:06

Are you all considering adding some sort of voice chat to your server?

I used to sell things in WC in the tunnel too, so this server interests me.

EbonDrake
True Believer

Post by EbonDrake » 22 Oct 2014, 00:09

I'm not considering adding a voice chat myself at this time. I've never really had good luck with them in the past in that I'll rent one and no one uses it. I certainly don't mind if someone else wants to set up some sort of voice chat, however I'll be refraining from it until a future time if we have an active community that is interested in using it daily.

EbonDrake
True Believer

Post by EbonDrake » 25 Oct 2014, 01:51

After talking it over with a few players, I've decided to set the server back to 2 hour days. This just makes more sense in the farming aspect of being able to harvest anywhere between 16 and 24 hours. That way we can get crops once a day instead of once every two days. Also more incentive to log in daily.

I've set the skill multiplier to 6, as I felt it was still going a bit too fast at 8.

EbonDrake
True Believer

Re: The Feudal Dragon group ofold guys from the eq1 days LFM

Post by EbonDrake » 26 Oct 2014, 17:13

I'll be changing the XP cap back to 2000 tonight as I haven't seen a couple faces on in a while. GMed some cows and bulls into the stables as a source of fertalizer since they're not obtainable in game yet through normal means.

Horasmus

Re: The Feudal Dragon group of old guys from eq1 days LFM PS

Post by Horasmus » 28 Oct 2014, 00:15

Rhaaaa EQ1!!! Rhaaa my barbarian Shaman... was the good ol'time...

Im up to join you "oldies" :p

PS: i have found you on steam Ebon Drake and send an add friend list.

Ziong18

Post by Ziong18 » 02 Nov 2014, 22:46

Pictures of Ebon's city, currently unoccupied. So if you're a role player - feel free to join!

Bludragon
Devoted Believer

Post by Bludragon » 31 Dec 2014, 17:24

is this server still up? it sounds like the right group of people for me

Rixie

Post by Rixie » 04 Jan 2015, 05:48

I like the look of this!
I really don't like PvP. I don't want people randomly killing me, so I like the agreement here.
Also, the parts of this game I am most interested in is the animal breeding and farming in general, so I think I would be very helpful in that regard.
Let me know if this server is still up, and if you would accept me. Just reply to the thread or shoot me a PM or something, please.

Ziong18

Post by Ziong18 » 04 Jan 2015, 19:52

I'm not sure If the server is still up or not but I did spent some time in it but ended up leaving back in mid Novemeber due to the server emptiness. The admin disappeared and I lost any hopes into investing in the server so I've moved on.
If you guys are still looking for a friendly PVE server, I can suggest the one I'm currently in. The only PVP we have are in the arena during the weekly tournaments.
Let me know if interested I will PM the info.

Tom12leggett

Post by Tom12leggett » 05 Jan 2015, 16:57

i tried to join but it said server timed out! never a good sign!

OldSalt

Post by OldSalt » 25 May 2015, 18:06

Hi there,
Trying to friend you on Steam EbonDrake but not reply yet. Is this server still active?

Return to PvE Servers