Weather affects breeding rates....WTH

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Tymefor

Weather affects breeding rates....WTH

Post by Tymefor » 31 Oct 2014, 21:20

So in a recent interview bobik reveals weather is what affects breeding rates. He even referred to it as "magicy" hmmmmmmm.

Imho breeding rates should be tied to the type of food we make available for coops, and the skill level of breeder for the larger animal.

Lets loose the "magicy" from this guys !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc1NeYBE6kw

Jalpha

Re: Weather affects breeding rates....WTH

Post by Jalpha » 01 Nov 2014, 13:19

I honestly wouldn't mind if there was just a way of telling what the current weather is.

VindicteMortis
True Believer

Post by VindicteMortis » 01 Nov 2014, 13:22

Jalpha wrote:I honestly wouldn't mind if there was just a way of telling what the current weather is.

the sky

Jalpha

Post by Jalpha » 01 Nov 2014, 13:30

Wait... There's actually a visual indication?

VindicteMortis
True Believer

Post by VindicteMortis » 01 Nov 2014, 13:46

yes

Puschpa

Post by Puschpa » 01 Nov 2014, 15:06

Every time game developers starts to describe game mechanics as "mystic" etc. and make a big secret out of it, it gives me the impression, they don't know how exactly it works themselves :D

Tymefor

Post by Tymefor » 02 Nov 2014, 03:35

Puschpa wrote:Every time game developers starts to describe game mechanics as "mystic" etc. and make a big secret out of it, it gives me the impression, they don't know how exactly it works themselves :D

yeah thats the impression i got. could be lost in translation though. tuff doing interviews in english if its not you first language. I had to do a bunch in german for LOL once and i seriously came accross as if i had no idea wtf i was talking about. even though im fluent in german

dingusmcgeehee

Post by dingusmcgeehee » 02 Nov 2014, 15:29

With chickens especially, breeding is directly influenced by the weather and the environment around them, alongside food and behaviour.

If I feed my chickens protein and fat rich food then they lay more eggs.

If the weather is incredibly cold then they don't lay at all.

If they don't get enough sun then they can't form eggs even if they are ready to lay.

Temperature also affects the sex of a chicken. If it is warm then more females will birth, if it is colder then you are likely to get a flock of males.

There's many more examples that I can think of that affect birthing rates in birds, but these are the primary ones to remember.

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Post by SirWinston » 02 Nov 2014, 15:41

Jalpha wrote:Wait... There's actually a visual indication?

There are three different types of weather: Fair, Cloudy, Shower.

Fair is sunny, cloudy you'll see a blue sky with a few clouds here and there, and shower doesn't make rain yet but the sky turns grey and very cloudy.
Spoiler

Return to General Discussion