What the actual is this?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Kapustin_Yar

Re: what the actual fuck is this?

Post by Kapustin_Yar » 22 Nov 2017, 15:14

#i didn't read the whole convo.

What I found out about the slingshot is that you get much heavier/slower as soon as you equip the rocks as ammo. I usually equip them at the last second when I see the animal near me. Gets over some of the stamina issues.

Another problem is that the state can change when you cross server borders, so you are suddenly slow and out of breath within a short distance.

bzdurk

Post by bzdurk » 22 Nov 2017, 15:25

Just equip 10pcs ammo at time.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 22 Nov 2017, 15:27

Kapustin_Yar wrote:#i didn't read the whole convo.

What I found out about the slingshot is that you get much heavier/slower as soon as you equip the rocks as ammo. I usually equip them at the last second when I see the animal near me. Gets over some of the stamina issues.

Another problem is that the state can change when you cross server borders, so you are suddenly slow and out of breath within a short distance.

Depending on your max equipment weight you can equip around 20-30 stones at a time without much of a movement hit.

Gruber

Post by Gruber » 22 Nov 2017, 16:09

Hodo wrote:Depending on your max equipment weight you can equip around 20-30 stones at a time without much of a movement hit.

Still drains more stamina if ammo is equiped

Soriki
Zealous Believer

Post by Soriki » 22 Nov 2017, 16:12

Hodo wrote:
Soriki wrote:The Stamina is terrible, try attacking a few times as a starting character and you'll be FORCED to stop and pant even with low weight

At least that's what I remember killing my first deer which took me like 30/40/50 fucking hits to the head and body in total to even kill.... WITH A TWO HANDED HATCHET, WHAT THE HELL LMAO?

(Please show me a video of you swinging a two handed hatchet repeatedly with low weight to prove me if I'm wrong about this, just in-case I am, it's pretty pathetic how fast you literally start not being able to physically move again; I mean, it doesn't even make sense in the first place, I mean.. LOOK AT YOUR CHARACTER'S ARMS LOL)
:)

I cut a lot of the chaff for brevity sake.

Now to reply to you...
You were new, your attributes were low, and you were using a tool as a weapon.

I think in the last phase of beta I used a decent war axe, and killed a deer in 5 or 6 swings. I didnt even use that much stamina. But my strength was 50 and my constitution was 25.

Now that we are live, my toon is sitting at 45 strength and 30 AGI, and 20 CON... I can sling stones ALL day without resting. I can shoot arrows ALL day and not rest. Last night I sat on my power hour with a couple of dozen cheap slings practicing on a target. I went through 18 slings, and over a 1000 stones. No stam breaks.

So in short I am saying.
Learn the game, and get good.

"You were new, your attributes were low, and you were using a tool as a weapon." Not an excuse, I hacked at a deer's head so many times with a tool that was taking down trees with considerably less hits, MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY, MANY way less hits, so don't give me that bullshit logic m8 fuck off

Again, whatever you claim, upload it, cause I almost died to that damn deer horning me when it randomly started attacking me AFTER I had "killed it" if it were real life

And every time I swang at it to the point that I depleted my ENTIRE STAMINA bar and it still didn't die; It was standing still to "regain" stamina, while not moving at all, without attacking me or getting injured/gored/crippled/attempting to slowly walk away without energy/etc

IT'S NOT ABOUT LEARNING HOW TO ACHIEVE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT IN THE GAME AND GETTING THE ATTRIBUTES TO DO IT YOU FUCKING RETARD "GET GOOD" LMAO GIT GUD AT USING YOUR DAMN HEAD

HOW IS IT PRACTICAL OR HELPING AT ALL TO THE GAME'S QUALITY FOR ANIMALS TO HAVE SO MUCH HEALTH/FOR MY "TOOL" THAT WAS CUTTING DOWN TREES EARLIER TO HAVE TO STRIKE IT SO MANY DAMN TIMES IN THE HEAD AND TORSO WITHOUT EVEN CRIPPLING IT/CUTTING OFF IT'S HEAD/DISEMBOWELING IT/CUTTING OFF IT'S LEGS/ETC

IT MAKES NO DAMN SENSE, AND I SAW ON STREAM A PERSON I WAS WATCHING HIT A DAMN SOW ON THE HEAD LIKE 2/3 TIMES WITH A MALLET AND JUST RUN AT FULL SPEED PERFECTLY WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM LOL

Oh shut the fuck up please, if you're gonna try to argue that this is not a problem at all, then UPLOAD A VIDEO, of a starting character, and show how it works perfectly and the health of animals is/the amount of damage you deal is completely fine

Use my same tool and against the horned deer to replicate it
No way in hell should I have have to hit that damn deer so much

Wasn't even worth it.. Pshh... Died later on with all the meat on me because the game randomly teleported me underwater, walked underwater for a few seconds, relogged a million times to try to keep my breath, died either way.

Again, not raking on the game, I'll still play it perfectly, but to ignore these issues is fucking retarded and it does not help the game

IF I AM WRONG, AND IT'S ALL FINE LIKE I DESCRIBED, AGAIN, UPLOAD A VIDEO AND POST IT HERE OR LINK IT TO ME.

I fucking WISH I had a video of me killing it, it was utter cancer and you would've agreed if you watched it

Lmao do you want me to be this fucked jacked up before logic starts applying to the attacks I deal it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kvk7ZgalsI

Some random video I found, 4:50

It took me so many god damn hits to the head and torso, yet this dude instantly kills it because his combat; strength and basically all his attributes are high asf; Is this what you want?

Unrealistically low amounts of damage being dealt at "low levels" or "low attributes" instead of actually making sense?

Please, stop being so retarded, this is literal shit and it should not be like this at all, have you seen the average character's arms? Using the same tool that took down a tree in a few hits, how does a damn deer not instantly die with a good swing to the skull, or to the neck, or at least get fucking CRIPPLED LOL, and in 2/3 hits it should be dead unless you have utterly shit aim and poke the damn thing with your axe instead of actually hitting it

Am I supposed to assume my character is a literal noodle before he's actually high attributes? At least games heavily reliant on Atrributes like Fallout New Vegas actually TELL YOU, that you're a fucking N00DLE in a funny way and let you know how weak you are, but those games have completely different attributes, and you can have 0/1 in any them if you want so you can be utterly terrible at something to the point it makes no sense, becaus the game thrives on super personalized character creation and hilarity, not realism like this game does

animals-have-too-much-health-t24941/

En_Dotter

Post by En_Dotter » 22 Nov 2017, 17:38

Im gonna join the rant just because 2 things when it comes to combat system.

1. Blocking is broken by the design:
As an attacker i can hold my attack as long as i like, while as someone who wants to block i need to... errr.... time it somehow. So i am better off not trying to block but to somehow dodge and attack or just attack myself, which brings me to a 2nd point:
2. Double hits break game flow and negate the need for blocking:
While it is realistic that there can be double hits (both attackers hitting each other), it makes no sense in the game context for a few reasons. Firstly, in 1v1 situation spamming is a great way to win if u have better equipment, because you are forcing other person to defend (if they choose to do so) and if they dont then you will out damage them and win. Spam being a viable option makes blocking redundant and skill required for it is basically non-existent.

The reason i am writing this is because im 99.95% sure bobik stated that he doesnt want twitch based combat system in mmo, and yet he puts broken timed block in the game when blocking isnt that good.

The 2 only thing that i would really like changed about combat system are that the block could be held as much as u want, but leave the timing as a bonus thing for the defender as a risk - reward system; and i would remove double hits which would add a bit more skill to fighting.
I havent really toyed with ranged combat and mounted combat, so i cant say much about it.

If i am mistaken in any way i would like you ppl to point that out so i can learn something i dont know.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 22 Nov 2017, 17:45

Soriki wrote:Am I supposed to assume my character is a literal noodle before he's actually high attributes? At least games heavily reliant on Atrributes like Fallout New Vegas actually TELL YOU, that you're a fucking N00DLE in a funny way and let you know how weak you are, but those games have completely different attributes, and you can have 0/1 in any them if you want so you can be utterly terrible at something to the point it makes no sense, becaus the game thrives on super personalized character creation and hilarity, not realism like this game does

First calm down, no need to get that kind of attitude or language with me.

Next...
You are a NEW character, you are not going to be good at a lot of things. If you dont know how to swing an axe effectively then you wont be effective with it. There is a skill for using tools as weapons, it is called "militia". If it is high enough you can kill a deer with a shovel if you wanted to.

The animals dont have to much health, you are just unskilled and using poor quality tools and weapons. Thus you are not doing much more than 10-20 damage per hit, BEFORE their damage reduction.

I tested damage yesterday with a clan mate, more or less accidentally. I was using a 45 quality simple bow with 5 quality arrows. I shot him in the arm for 33 damage. I then shot him in the arm with a 50 quality arrow and did nearly 40 damage.

Again didnt use much if any of my stamina.

Learn the system before you complain about it.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 22 Nov 2017, 17:48

En_Dotter wrote:The 2 only thing that i would really like changed about combat system are that the block could be held as much as u want, but leave the timing as a bonus thing for the defender as a risk - reward system; and i would remove double hits which would add a bit more skill to fighting.
I havent really toyed with ranged combat and mounted combat, so i cant say much about it.

If i am mistaken in any way i would like you ppl to point that out so i can learn something i dont know.

You can hold a block forever if your strength is high enough. I think my clan mate held a shield at block for 2 hours last night while I tested different things on him. He stood there holding block with a shield. I did the same thing so he could try things on me.

So yes I know it is possible .

It just takes practice... and having the appropriate skill level to maximize the damage you can do with the weapon you are choosing to use.

Soriki
Zealous Believer

Post by Soriki » 22 Nov 2017, 18:26

Hodo wrote:
Soriki wrote:Am I supposed to assume my character is a literal noodle before he's actually high attributes? At least games heavily reliant on Atrributes like Fallout New Vegas actually TELL YOU, that you're a fucking N00DLE in a funny way and let you know how weak you are, but those games have completely different attributes, and you can have 0/1 in any them if you want so you can be utterly terrible at something to the point it makes no sense, becaus the game thrives on super personalized character creation and hilarity, not realism like this game does

First calm down, no need to get that kind of attitude or language with me.

Next...
You are a NEW character, you are not going to be good at a lot of things. If you dont know how to swing an axe effectively then you wont be effective with it. There is a skill for using tools as weapons, it is called "militia". If it is high enough you can kill a deer with a shovel if you wanted to.

The animals dont have to much health, you are just unskilled and using poor quality tools and weapons. Thus you are not doing much more than 10-20 damage per hit, BEFORE their damage reduction.

I tested damage yesterday with a clan mate, more or less accidentally. I was using a 45 quality simple bow with 5 quality arrows. I shot him in the arm for 33 damage. I then shot him in the arm with a 50 quality arrow and did nearly 40 damage.

Again didnt use much if any of my stamina.

Learn the system before you complain about it.

Holy fuck you already destroyed your argument from the start "You are a new character" So just because my character is new I have to assume he's retarded, and also is unable to do barely any damage at all to an animal with a tool that cuts down trees? You're fucking kidding me m8, shit game design

My character is a damn full grown man, why is he striking like a damn little kid who isn't even 10 yet? Heck I'm pretty sure that little kid could've killed that standing still deer way faster than my character could've

Again, all you talk about is dumb attributes and other bullshit
Noooone of this excuses the fact that it's dumb to even need this level of attributes to take down such a weak animal without needing to go like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCi_s-vKNBI on his ass!

Again, what it seems to me is that; The game starts making more sense later on with higher attributes; And or certain things just don't make any sense

So are you saying just because it is a tool it does less damage? Such cancer

A steel axe shouldn't have so much problem cleaving through a deer's head or neck or even crippling/knocking it out even if after so many damn hits with arms of that size...

Again, you've made the same type of argument, and it STILL isn't a good one

Just because it gets better later on it doesn't mean it's just good too have..

And it's so easy to fix... Like, literally just changing some damage values and boom.. Everything starts to make much more sense, be immersive and realistic

Although animal AI would still need improvement overall

Seriously crazy how people think they can defend this...

Soriki
Zealous Believer

Post by Soriki » 22 Nov 2017, 18:31

En_Dotter wrote:Im gonna join the rant just because 2 things when it comes to combat system.

1. Blocking is broken by the design:
As an attacker i can hold my attack as long as i like, while as someone who wants to block i need to... errr.... time it somehow. So i am better off not trying to block but to somehow dodge and attack or just attack myself, which brings me to a 2nd point:
2. Double hits break game flow and negate the need for blocking:
While it is realistic that there can be double hits (both attackers hitting each other), it makes no sense in the game context for a few reasons. Firstly, in 1v1 situation spamming is a great way to win if u have better equipment, because you are forcing other person to defend (if they choose to do so) and if they dont then you will out damage them and win. Spam being a viable option makes blocking redundant and skill required for it is basically non-existent.

The reason i am writing this is because im 99.95% sure bobik stated that he doesnt want twitch based combat system in mmo, and yet he puts broken timed block in the game when blocking isnt that good.

The 2 only thing that i would really like changed about combat system are that the block could be held as much as u want, but leave the timing as a bonus thing for the defender as a risk - reward system; and i would remove double hits which would add a bit more skill to fighting.

SEE.... Realism ALWAYS helps games like this, if it was more of a realistic combat, you could try and doing takedowns, attacking through the gaps in the armor, disarming, etc

Although still expect anyone in armor to be an ABSOLUTE TANK
as that's how it is outside of the game too lol.... And you oughta really not fight someone in plate unless you're equivalent, near, or better armored

And even worse in this game with the super limited shitty mount and blade style combat..

If only it was like Mordhau but with way more features like wrestling

:(

This could all be added in the far future, but I doubt it will unless it gets suggested a lot

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 22 Nov 2017, 19:02

Soriki wrote:
My character is a damn full grown man, why is he striking like a damn little kid who isn't even 10 yet? Heck I'm pretty sure that little kid could've killed that standing still deer way faster than my character could've

You are a very angry person, you should calm down it is just a game.

And with that said.... you are aware that your character is not fully aware of everything he/she once did. And for all intensive purposes you are a child till your skills and attributes come up to level.

Speaking from experience not everyone knows how to swing an axe or a sword. Most people think it is easy, but to do it right, and effectively takes practice.

You are at that state right now.

So go take time practice, get decent with the tool/weapon you are using then tell me how easy it is to kill a deer.

Soriki
Zealous Believer

Re: What the actual is this?

Post by Soriki » 22 Nov 2017, 19:07

I just made a new character and killed a Deer

https://i.gyazo.com/a2c7c283c5123da9a3f ... 4a5202.png

https://i.gyazo.com/8722a6b6770b897d5ce ... 4d0057.png

https://i.gyazo.com/6bd8c6f0786091d1af8 ... e15dbc.png

https://i.gyazo.com/2e128e7493c5ec5d439 ... 05e866.png

Probably missing some hits. Also missing many times I tried to hit it while being centimeters from it to make it no move; but still failed to hit, probably cause my aim wasn't perfect enough... Yeah, makes a lotta sense' Wasn't even getting any damage done, not even blunt damage, I was literally missing somehow while aiming at it and being so close it was touching me

HUH?

All of these were aimed towards the head with the steel hatchet.

What the hell is wrong with this lmao.. Yeah, thank bobik that at least later on it actually becomes realistic like you claim, better go get them attributes to make my game make sense LOL

Anyways.. This is just a joke aimed at how much of a joke the damage I'm doing is, and how bad it is lmao, but either way I'll still play the game, and apparently, it'll get better later on since I'll be increasing in damage with my skills and attributes so.. Guess it won't be totally utter cancer later on

Soriki
Zealous Believer

Post by Soriki » 22 Nov 2017, 19:13

Hodo wrote:
Soriki wrote:

You are a very angry person, you should calm down it is just a game.

And with that said.... you are aware that your character is not fully aware of everything he/she once did. And for all intensive purposes you are a child till your skills and attributes come up to level.

Speaking from experience not everyone knows how to swing an axe or a sword. Most people think it is easy, but to do it right, and effectively takes practice.

You are at that state right now.

So go take time practice, get decent with the tool/weapon you are using then tell me how easy it is to kill a deer.

Yes, I watched the intro.. I know about "not fully aware"

THAT'S NOT THE POINT AND IT IS THE WORST ARGUMENT/POINT YOU'VE TRIED TO PUSH LMAO

Seriously? Kid (Calling you kid cause of your current kid level of intelligence you're display) an axe isn't so hard to fucking wield, it is made to do its job if it didn't, NOBODY WOULD BE USING IT
Yes, Swords and Axes, weapons, in general, you need training to truly be great/good at, edge alignment and many other things, yes, I KNOW, BUT THEY STILL WORK AND DO THEIR JOB REGARDLESS UNLESS YOU'RE SWINGING LIKE A BABY! LOL

And that's not the point, you've literally ignored my tree point this whole fucking time lmao

If my character exhibits such high speed tree cutting, why the hell, why the HELL, does it take him, THIS MANY HITS TO KILL A DEER HITTING IT IN THE HEAD WITH THE SAME STEEL AXE THAT TOOK DOWN TREES SO EASILY AND MUCH FASTER? ANSWER THAT, IT MAKES NO SENSE, NONE OF IT MAKES SENSE LMAO

"Experience" If you have so much damn experience than why the hell are you making such a weak ass shit point then, have you never actually cut anything with it LOL? Ever cut meat at all or what?

Seriously, it is meant to do its job, it's not just gonna fail after so many attempts and manage to do "a little damage"
WITH THOSE ARMS, TO THE HEAD, WITH A STEEL AXE, THAT'D DEER WOULD BECOME THIS IN NO TIME = :angel:

CMON BRUH DON'T MAKE SUCH DUMB POINTS LOL
Last edited by Soriki on 22 Nov 2017, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 22 Nov 2017, 19:14

Soriki wrote:I just made a new character and killed a Deer

Probably missing some hits. Also missing many times I tried to hit it while being centimeters from it to make it no move; but still failed to hit, probably cause my aim wasn't perfect enough... Yeah, makes a lotta sense' Wasn't even getting any damage done, not even blunt damage, I was literally missing somehow while aiming at it and being so close it was touching me

HUH?

All of these were aimed towards the head with the steel hatchet.

What the hell is wrong with this lmao.. Yeah, thank bobik that at least later on it actually becomes realistic like you claim, better go get them attributes to make my game make sense LOL

Anyways.. This is just a joke aimed at how much of a joke the damage I'm doing is, and how bad it is lmao, but either way I'll still play the game, and apparently, it'll get better later on since I'll be increasing in damage with my skills and attributes so.. Guess it won't be totally utter cancer later on

You did 200 damage total.

average hit of 11.13 damage.

Seeing as my simple bow does 30 damage on average to the torso.. it takes me about 7 arrows to drop a deer.

In the last phase of CBT, I was doing 60+ with a Arbalest.

Again... you were using a hatchet, which is a tool not a weapon. My battle axe does 25-30 per hit, and it is only 40quality.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 22 Nov 2017, 22:03

Soriki wrote:<cut out the triggered rage>
PS: I hope you're not actually thinking I'm hating on this game.. That'd be cringy

I can see you are off your meds and obviously triggered over this. You are trying to put realism in a game.

Realistically if you attacked a buck with a 24pt rack like that in real life with a hatchet.... you would be gored to death LONG before you hurt that deer.

Any doe you attack with a hatchet would just kick you, break a few ribs and run off. That is assuming you could get close enough to one to touch it.

It is a hatchet....

This is a nordic axe... or a battle axe.

There is a difference.

Soriki
Zealous Believer

Post by Soriki » 23 Nov 2017, 12:28

Hodo wrote:
Soriki wrote:<cut out the triggered rage>
PS: I hope you're not actually thinking I'm hating on this game.. That'd be cringy

I can see you are off your meds and obviously triggered over this. You are trying to put realism in a game.

Realistically if you attacked a buck with a 24pt rack like that in real life with a hatchet.... you would be gored to death LONG before you hurt that deer.

Any doe you attack with a hatchet would just kick you, break a few ribs and run off. That is assuming you could get close enough to one to touch it.

It is a hatchet....

This is a nordic axe... or a battle axe.

There is a difference.

Gored to death; Yep, something I asked as well to be implemented
And yes, I almost got gored to death both times
AFTER I HAD ALMOST KILLED IT, LOL, when it randomly started attacking me after standing still getting hit not reacting till it was low health; If that's how they are IRL, then yes, I completely welcome that; Realistic animal behavior, and not what we currently have

That would make them actually hard to kill, and you wouldn't be able to kill them so easily, and you'd be forced to use hunting weapons, or do some crazy shit like dodge and decapitate it/sneak attack it/etc

It'd give a point to hunting weapons other than just killing the damn thing faster, since let's face it, it can't run away from you, at least in the game, cause it'll eventually stop for stamina, letting you hit it like a tree

It would actually ADD TO THE GAME, LOL

"Deer just outside of house's door, comes out and slams the hatchet that just cut down a tree (https://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/medi ... 4c44f04dde) towards its neck, bam, deer is fucking dead, or on its way to die, and if not dead yet/attempts to attack you, you finish him by "spamming" attacks till his head is off/or you've cut enough for him to die, that's assuming you didn't aim for the head, which I'd assume would make it easier to kill with fewer hits)

Didn't you read that I said I wanted the Animal AI to get good too? Lol you need to get on some meds bro

It's hard to believe you're not getting the logical point I'm making here based on what I saw on the game

In the game, my character was able to cut down a tree in a few hits
And the Animal in this game, LITERALLY turns into a tree when it "runs out of stamina"

It does not attempt to walk away, it does not attempt to attack (Until it's about to die, although it still needs a few hits before it actually dies) it just stands there like the toughest tree I've tried to cut down in Life is Feudal

Not making any sense at all.
If the game says the tool I'm utilizing can cut down a tree, then how is it that I can't kill this deer?
Is it a fucking bear I'm hitting? Lmao, even a bear, if it just stood there without reacting like in the game, if I was able to hit with a steel hatchet so many time in the head, yeah, I'm pretty sure it'd be dead

Unless you Doctor of realism says otherwise, didn't know I was so wrong about physics, or am I? pretty sure I ain't

At this point I'm not even bothering on pressing caps cause I just feel bad that you're not able to get the point after.. How many times have I even said it lol? All you've said is justifying it with shitty game design; Attributes bla bla bla skills bla bla you're using a tool bla bla bla

And for any fanboys out there; No, I'm not hating on your game lmao, I love this game and it's huge potential; So cancel that reply there bud bud

Return to General Discussion