Server not listed - joining impossible

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Freienstein

Server not listed - joining impossible

Post by Freienstein » 07 Oct 2014, 00:46

Hey,

I'm sure this is asked often, however I couldn't find any working solution for me.

What I tried was setting up a server for my friends and I, but both the in-game server thing as well as the dedicated server don't show up in the server list, even though they're running fine.

I'm now looking for a way to either make the server show up or to directly connect to it. Any help is appreciated.

Freienstein

Rayes

Re: Server not listed - joining impossible

Post by Rayes » 07 Oct 2014, 02:09

Are you sure your config setting is set with:

<isPrivate>0</isPrivate>

If this is 1 then it will not show up on the server list

To directly connect you need to drop down the console ingame (usually with the ~ key on qwerty keyboard left of the 1 above TAB).

Use this if the server has a password:
joinToRemoteServer("IP:PORT","PASSWORD")

this without a password:
joinToRemoteServer("IP:PORT","")

DiWorm

Post by DiWorm » 07 Oct 2014, 04:51

Freienstein wrote:Hey,

I'm sure this is asked often, however I couldn't find any working solution for me.

What I tried was setting up a server for my friends and I, but both the in-game server thing as well as the dedicated server don't show up in the server list, even though they're running fine.

I'm now looking for a way to either make the server show up or to directly connect to it. Any help is appreciated.

Freienstein

You have closed ports. Open 28000+2 (28001, 28002) by default

Freienstein

Post by Freienstein » 07 Oct 2014, 13:09

The server was already set to public, the ports were opened as well. That's why I'm so confused about it not showing up.

EDIT: just checked my ports and you are right. They are closed, even though I've opened them in my router ...

Return to General Discussion