Who's using Blackbox?

Discussions and advertising of dedicated, private servers made by players, for players
Eslake

Who's using Blackbox?

Post by Eslake » 01 Jan 2015, 20:32

Since the 'official' servers are showing pings in the 120-170 range, and there's no way to know which servers will be there Next Week, let alone next month.. and that assumes finding one that sets rates/values to reasonable levels to begin with..

.. I'm looking at getting our own hosted, but there's no real way that I can see to get an idea what the ping will be for a given host other than getting names of servers running there and checking.

- I know some (bluefang for example) have their own 'official' servers running but you have to expect they'll put more into those than the ones they rent out. They are there for marketing after all.

So please, if your server is running on BlackBox, please indicate the name so I can find it and see where it pings..
Or if you have comments on them / their service, good or bad.

Or if you know of a better host that isn't vastly more expenise, I'd welcome that too.

I just want to get a quality server up for us to get going.

:beer:
Last edited by Eslake on 11 May 2015, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.

Ziong18

Re: Who's using Blackbox?

Post by Ziong18 » 03 Jan 2015, 04:54

I play on a sercer hosted by Blackbox, name is LIF Fiddlers Green Tavern. Had a small issue after recent patch with server crashing at specific time every day but the admin contacted the support team and they quickly advised how to fix and so we had no issues anymore!
Check us out, and feel free to stay if it suits you. The server is growing rapidly!

Eslake

Post by Eslake » 04 Jan 2015, 06:31

Thanks for the response. That server is pinging 139 from here..

You picked the Pacific coast you say?
I wonder than, what it would be from a central server.

Ziong18

Post by Ziong18 » 04 Jan 2015, 08:12

I myself am in pacific coast but the server is in central zone

Frederyc

Post by Frederyc » 06 Jan 2015, 19:13

I would just like to say that our server (The MOST Esoteric) is being hosted by BlackBox in Los Angeles, and the server has been incredibly smooth for all players, from the east coast of the United States, to Vancouver and Edmonton in Canada. No incidents whatsoever, I'm incredibly pleased with their service.

Eslake

Post by Eslake » 06 Jan 2015, 20:47

I set one up for Dallas - but it is in LA temporarily .. they're working on it.
The ping from here is ranging 110-150 but it seems not to suffer.

If the Dallas relocation drops it to (or preferably below) 100, I'm going to go a full year.

Good service so far, not a hitch in the server, and when I asked about the location being wrong they responded promptly.

And I don't know if it is typical, but a literal Point and Click setup for a game server... is a refreshing change after the nightmare of manually setting up MC servers and the like in the past few years.
Enter the server name, pay for the time you want, Poof, you're running a LIF server.

Zengetzu

Post by Zengetzu » 07 Jan 2015, 16:01

Hello,

I am the GM for Fiddlers Green Tavern and BLACKBOX support is pretty good as for the server always going down thats when i set the restart time at. Although I figured it would be at the time I selected such as 5am server location but instead it was way off so it would go down at 11pm peak play time. Once I figured that out I was able to move the restart. Just a heads up for other BLACKBOX users

Thank You

Return to Private Servers