Game not starting at all? See this

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Arrakis

Game not starting at all? See this

Post by Arrakis » 26 Nov 2015, 19:14

For some of you, our game does not start at all, and that is Steam fault, because it does not install C++ redistr properly.

If your game does not launch navigate to game folder and manually launch:

• ...common\Life is Feudal Your Own\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013\vcredist_x86.exe
  • ...common\Life is Feudal Your Own\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2010\vcredist_x86.exe
  • ...common\Life is Feudal Your Own\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2008\vcredist_x86.exe

Vharg

Re: Game not starting at all? See this

Post by Vharg » 29 Nov 2015, 13:15

Tried it,doesn't work.

Zeo39

Post by Zeo39 » 29 Nov 2015, 18:42

Anyone else still crashing at startup? I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, tried this fix and some from steam forums and still crashing at startup. I have windows 10 and dx 11 and I'm at a loss as to what is causing the crash. Any other suggestions?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 29 Nov 2015, 21:35

At this point I can only redirect you to mantis bugtracker :(

Larainan

Post by Larainan » 11 Dec 2015, 04:19

I know this might sound silly but out of the blue last week my game wouldn't start up either it would get to the video intro screen and freeze but I could still hear the voice of the moderator telling the story.

I happened to minimize my screen for a second and when I popped it back up it went directly to the frame in the video the speaker was speaking and froze again so I minimized again over and over til the video was finished and I got to the server screen which was also frozen.

I tried to click on my favorites tab the history tab nothing would work so I minimized again after clicking on that history tab and low and behold when I came back to the screen it was on the history tab so I clicked my server name and minimized then popped it back up and it was at my server.....I had to do this all the way into the game but once in I could play fine.

I finally figured out what was causing it. I have an AMD RX9 video card and there was a software update that installed crimson and also installed another steam like game app it was the app and the updates to my java version that caused the whole mess.

PegasusUK

Post by PegasusUK » 12 Dec 2015, 16:51

Reading various threads having the blackscreen issue i disabled all overlays, steam overlay, shadowplay, sonic studio, Raptr but the problem persisted.
The issue for me is the GeForce Experience App running in the systray, exit that from the systray and going into task manager to end the GeForce network backend, and all other GeForce app running seem to of fixed my problem.
I am running two Asus Strix GTC 980Ti in SLi.

Jrintamaki29

Post by Jrintamaki29 » 03 Jan 2016, 23:34

Experiencing this very issue, just purchased LiF on the winter sale, and can't play it. Have tried fresh installs, as well as the redists, have disabled all Nvidia components to verify it isn't a conflict, and the problem persists. While I would really like to play the game, and have in fact been on the fence on purchasing it for a long time, I'm considering a refund if it is in fact unplayable. I have reported on the bug tracker, found another individual with a similar issue, and posted my error log as well, but I'm fresh out of ideas.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 03 Jan 2016, 23:35

Jrintamaki29 wrote:Experiencing this very issue, just purchased LiF on the winter sale, and can't play it. Have tried fresh installs, as well as the redists, have disabled all Nvidia components to verify it isn't a conflict, and the problem persists. While I would really like to play the game, and have in fact been on the fence on purchasing it for a long time, I'm considering a refund if it is in fact unplayable. I have reported on the bug tracker, found another individual with a similar issue, and posted my error log as well, but I'm fresh out of ideas.

You can't run the game at all or you end in the black screen?

Jrintamaki29

Post by Jrintamaki29 » 04 Jan 2016, 04:17

Arrakis09 wrote:You can't run the game at all or you end in the black screen?

I am unable to launch at all. When I attempt to launch, either through steam or through the .exe in the steamapps folder, i get the smaller splash screen, and then a larger screen, completely gray. At that point, it goes no where, and the task bar at the top eventually says not responding, and an error report is generated. I've been unable to load the game in any fashion, beyond this. I considered that it could be a resolution error, but as it never initializes far enough to generate a preferences file, I couldn't even edit that to attempt to open under a different resolution.

For your convenience, here is the link to the Bug Report
https://lifeisfeudal.com/mantis/view.php?id=4430

To clarify: the original bug report is not mine, but his error log and mine coincided, so I updated his to include my pertinent information.

Jrintamaki29

Post by Jrintamaki29 » 08 Jan 2016, 14:30

Still have not been able to resolve, hoping to see an update soon that may fix this.

Holliday50

Post by Holliday50 » 20 Jun 2016, 04:03

Has anybody found a solution to this? Or can point me in the right direction for a refund?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 20 Jun 2016, 10:26

If you're still having problems with starting the game, please follow instructions in this thread and report it with all possible details. Thanks.

Return to General Discussion