How to Mine video

Want to learn or teach others some of the finer details of Life is Feudal? This section is for the game guides, tutorials and FAQ's.

Chillbilly
True Believer

How to Mine video

Post by Chillbilly » 28 Sep 2014, 20:51

[youtube]M76bEniAJ7Q[/youtube]

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Re: How to Mine video

Post by Hoshiqua » 28 Sep 2014, 21:11

Man.. learn how to prospect yourself before making a tutorial :p

Didn't you see you can toggle range of prospecting ? That's how you find iron deep underground. In the video you were prospecting at 2 meters, which means that you have to look at EVERY tile and hope you'll find surface iron, which is very rare.

Nah, you have to do it this way : you find the whereabout of the iron with a long distance prospecting, and then you try to get closer and closer to it. When you can't get any closer, try to determine how deep is the ore vein by prospecting at least 2 different points (themselves located at a reasonable distance from eachother so they 'see' the same vein), and then take a sheet of paper, do a drawing and try to figure out where the vein should be according to the distances you found..

In this video, basicly, you're telling the newbs that in order to find iron, you need to look on EVERY tile in the game, which is crazy xD

Return to Guides and Tutorials