[US - Dallas] Old And Grumpy :: Mild RP :: Dedicated - Dalla

M0nk33

[US - Dallas] Old And Grumpy :: Mild RP :: Dedicated - Dalla

Post by M0nk33 » 20 Oct 2014, 16:34

Some Old and Grumpy gamers invite you to join us for a good time.

We're a community on "older" gamers (18+, please) who enjoy playing games without the BS generally associated with online gaming - griefing, exploiting, etc.

We have been playing Life is Feudal for a short while now, and one thing we noticed was that most servers we played on were either a) hosted from some guy's basement, or b) laggy as hell. So I (m0nk33) decided to do something about it.

I had been using an nfoservers managed CS:GO server for a while, and while I was really pleased with their service and performance, I wasn't getting enough players to justify having just a CS:GO server. So, I changed from a managed game server to a unmanaged VPS. Basically, I got a virtual machine with dedicated memory and dedicated CPU cores that I could do whatever I wanted with.

So come, join us. We do mild RP (some meta OK - helping newbies learn game in global, etc. nothing like giving locations), PvP is cool if role-played to a decent level, thievery is part of the game but must be RP'd correctly. Please, no login-jumping into bases. Using corpses as containers is cool (macabre as it may be).

For more info about why I chose nfoservers, check out these links:
Description of VDS/VPS: https://www.nfoservers.com/virtual-dedi ... entals.php
The network our server uses: https://www.nfoservers.com/networklocations.php

joinToRemoteServer("74.91.120.222:28000")
Old And Grumpy :: Mild RP :: Dedicated - Dallas - nfoservers
Mild RP :: PvP :: PvE
64 max slots, US (Dallas) based server
Skill multiplier: 5
Skilcap: 3000

M0nk33

Re: [US - Dallas] Old And Grumpy :: Mild RP :: Dedicated - D

Post by M0nk33 » 23 Oct 2014, 19:02

Still plenty of prime real estate left. Be sure to check it out.

M0nk33

Post by M0nk33 » 23 Oct 2014, 19:04

ALSO new TeamSpeak server: 74.91.120.222

Ariakas

Post by Ariakas » 12 Nov 2014, 02:18

Great server so far! have been playing here for about almost a week and no issues. :beer:

Justiceian

Post by Justiceian » 12 Nov 2014, 15:57

well this server is great to play on and has a good amount of rp pvp and construction in a good way. But there are two problems with the server. The corpses need to start getting removed to help with the lag and these random server drops for hours at a time are getting old. I know your on vacation Monkey but the guy you have watching the server is not even playing on it to keep watch properly. you need a few admins for helping get rid of the trash lying around on the ground and a better server sitter. We love the server when its up. Its been down every day for at least 3 hours min for the last week now. I think this is only because your gone on vacation bu we miss you and the server being on all the time. please come back soon.

Comadzy

Post by Comadzy » 15 Nov 2014, 14:12

Great server. Been playing on it for roughly a week. Still lots of space to set up your new settlement. Hope to trade with you ingame :)

Justiceian

Post by Justiceian » 16 Nov 2014, 18:50

Well now there is a major problem with the server is not online enough. its down almost all the time. its not worth it to try and play on a server the GM is never on to do anything he sits in AFK in the teamspeak and the server takes about 6 to 12 hours to come back online when it goes down each day it is stupid to play on this server.

M0nk33

Post by M0nk33 » 18 Jan 2015, 11:13

I had some real life stuff come up, and for a brief period in late November/Early December was away. I had designated a temporary GM for the time period, and while he did the best he could he wasn't quite up to the task and the server experienced some downtimes. These were stability related (the server program itself had a nasty memory leak that would eat system memory until the system crashed - this has since been remedied by the dev team. Thanks guys!)

I will be doing a wipe within the week to give the server a fresh landscape, and look forward to any new players who wish to join. I have also designated a couple more GM's so that the server can have more coverage than I can provide.

I will post in here when it is ready. Thanks for understanding!

Return to PvE Servers