Make Unmovable Movable.?

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own

Remystemple

Make Unmovable Movable.?

Post by Remystemple » 03 Feb 2015, 08:32

hey all i'd like to be able to pick up a campfire or lamppost and bring it into my keep for indoor lighting. so far i have tried to change it in Heidi sql but just makes everything in the world unusable. i've also tried to copy past the light source data from the lamppost to the floor lamp in hopes it would give off light. no go. so i'm hoping this is even possible. any help would be amazing.

also still can't find the files / info i need to change to make no skill loss on death if align is in the +

SKuDD3r

Re: Make Unmovable Movable.?

Post by SKuDD3r » 03 Feb 2015, 14:55

SKuDD3r wrote:You have to move objects that are stored in the unmovable table to movable before they take affect.

Test it by placing a new object down with the change to being movable. Verify it gets added to the movable table. If it does not, you need to ensure that the item is setup with IsMoveableObject to 1 and IsUnmovableobject to 0 in the objects_types table.

But Like I said, all created items previously will be in the unmovable table already and have to be queried to the movable table.

Edit: Forgot to add these get applied to the Geo_Patch table as well.

As for the skill loss, its not a simple value change, you have to hijack into the f_addskill or chars_deathlog table. The loss of skill is hard-coded into the DLLs, but you use the deathlog to track the players pre skills and post skills, then revert the skill loss using a trigger.

Remystemple

Post by Remystemple » 05 Feb 2015, 22:52

so all i did was change them to be movable. all existing posts were deleted tho. and you can't make one unless you have the client side mod. but it works like a charm, and have light in my claimable keep now : )

SKuDD3r

Post by SKuDD3r » 05 Feb 2015, 23:09

They really need to add the ability for the server to push to clients to make customizing/modding easier.

Flocky

Post by Flocky » 18 Sep 2016, 15:53

Tried the same today with our test-server and signal fires.

I have changed server based and client based object_types.xml as well as the database object_types from unmovable to moveable

Results:

- If i delete all existing signal fires out of database, they are still visible but you cant interact with them.

- If i dont delete, all start to disapear but i cant create new ones.

Anyone here who could tell me what i have done wrong and maybe could describe this step-by-step for me?

many thanks in advance :)

Flocky

Post by Flocky » 23 Sep 2016, 18:34

Isnt there anybody who has done this before? :Search:

Return to Game mods