Mod request: Cheat detection

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own
Burne109
Zealous Believer

Mod request: Cheat detection

Post by Burne109 » 03 Apr 2015, 00:07

I'm convinced some people are attempting to use cheat programs on a server.

It's kicking up a lot of packetdisagree statements.
anyway to save all the disagree statements in a log? so I can see which playerid is constantly doing it?

I have a general idea on who.. but I don't want to make a mistake, or miss anyone if there is more than one.

I've been watching player "67109961"

1.jpg

another picture.
http://imgur.com/Ot6I3Uh

Alakar
Beta Tester

Re: Mod request: Cheat detection

Post by Alakar » 04 Apr 2015, 23:27

Highly doubt cheating really, more likely bad internet connection or they are falling in a spot that makes them kind of stuck. See that a lot when someone is perpetually falling on a tile or set of tiles.

Razoreqx

Re: Mod request: Cheat detection

Post by Razoreqx » 05 Apr 2015, 02:55

Alakarsiann wrote:Highly doubt cheating really, more likely bad internet connection or they are falling in a spot that makes them kind of stuck. See that a lot when someone is perpetually falling on a tile or set of tiles.

Yes those are packet loss errors. Ive already dug into this. Cheating is almost impossible with all data being stored on the server in the SQL DB at least from the client side. Server side dupes are possible. .
Its not possible to create an item client side and dupe because of the multiple tables with ID prefix and constraints..

It is however very easy to bot in this game, speed hacks, macros and auto targeting. None of which are of much use on a population so small. These methods are done by screen macros and man in the middle packet traces.

the only real exploit now is server side infinity piles which is sort of a work around for mining freezing issues because the DB is locked when blocks are removed during mining.
Razors Edge
A Life is Feudal Persistent World
http://razors-edge.org
22 Custom MODS / Custom Graphics models Planned. Visit our Gallery.

Return to Game mods