[HELP] server ran for 3 days without issue, now mysql wont start

Discussions and advertising of dedicated, private servers made by players, for players

Thedog88

[HELP] server ran for 3 days without issue, now mysql wont start

Post by Thedog88 » 13 Jan 2016, 19:43

like said, i followed one of the youtube videos to create the server. it ran fine for about 3 days until the dedicated box had to restart. now the server wont launch, because mysql (the service) wont launch. mariadb cant access anything i have no idea where to start since im not mysql savvy.

this is extremely annoying since its the 2nd time this happened, the first time we reinstalled everything but lost our world files in the process (all that work gone) and if i have to reinstall everytime i restart the dedicated box im going to loose my shit.

any help, any insight? i cant be the only one with this issue? i've searched but cant find anything and almost all install videos are from 2014...

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Re: [HELP] server ran for 3 days without issue, now mysql wont start

Post by Azzerhoden » 13 Jan 2016, 20:00

If mysql won't start you will probably have more success looking on their support/forums for help.

If LIF won't start because of mysql, then I would ask how you shut down the previous instance. Did you just close it, or did you use Quit(); first?

Just closing an instance can cause 'corruption' in the database. The log files may contain the steps you need to perform to fix the mismatched data.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Thedog88

Re: [HELP] server ran for 3 days without issue, now mysql wont start

Post by Thedog88 » 13 Jan 2016, 20:02

the server box did a hard restart so i'm assuming it force closed the game server. i was looking for a support forum but couldnt see one, and are you saying the log files have a fix for the issue?

Return to Private Servers