Question regarding Basilmod

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own

Murtashan

Question regarding Basilmod

Post by Murtashan » 14 Apr 2016, 18:38

Hi

I am looking into setting up a ping limit on my server. I have found a ping limit add-on for Basilmod.

I am just wondering do all my players have to have the Basilmod Client installed or can you install Basilmod and still have some server side features that do not require a client?

thanks for the help

Malkom
Beta Tester

Re: Question regarding Basilmod

Post by Malkom » 14 Apr 2016, 19:10

From the description-
Server-side only mod.
Define maximum allowed ping(latency) for your players. If player exceeds defined value, it will be unable to join the server.

Halvdal

Post by Halvdal » 15 Apr 2016, 12:01

I have a question too.

Can i use MotD and GM Announce for server side only or does the players need to download the Basil Pack first?

Alakar
Beta Tester

Post by Alakar » 15 Apr 2016, 12:13

Halvdal wrote:I have a question too.

Can i use MotD and GM Announce for server side only or does the players need to download the Basil Pack first?

Motd: yes
GM announce : no

Edit: the answer here is for if it's server side only
Last edited by Alakar on 15 Apr 2016, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.

Halvdal

Post by Halvdal » 15 Apr 2016, 13:40

Hmm so...MotD and GMAnnounce doesn't work this way. In console it says

==> exec("BasilMod/gmannounce/gmannounce.cs");
Missing file: BasilMod/gmannounce/gmannounce.cs!

This file doesn't exist. The mod came with the config.cs and the gmannounce.cs.DSO

Same problem with the motd. So it seems that i can't use motd without the client-side basilMod. If so it is useless because our players don't want to downlaod "extra stuff" like that. :cry:

But anyway nice job Custodian. I like your mods! :good:

Alakar
Beta Tester

Post by Alakar » 15 Apr 2016, 14:25

Is that on the client or the server that you entered thay? All that is showing is wherever you tried to run the script from doesn't have that file in thatnlocation.

-Alakar
Http://arkhaya.com

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 15 Apr 2016, 15:14

Halvdal wrote:This file doesn't exist. The mod came with the config.cs and the gmannounce.cs.DSO

Provided file is ".cs.dso", while exec command contains ".cs" and this is correct.

If console says file is missing, then
  • you have not placed mod files to their location. In this case, file BasilMod/gmannounce/gmannounce.cs.dso does not exists at your server root folder.
  • or you are typing this command at your client console, while you should use server console. You check server console visual appearance (how it looks like) at this post at MoTD thread.

Halvdal wrote:So it seems that i can't use motd without the client-side basilMod.

MoTD is a server-side only mod. you dont need to install anything at your client.

Murtashan

Post by Murtashan » 16 Apr 2016, 01:36

Hi thanks for the replies.

another question I have is Do you need to have basilmod installed onto server first and then pinglimit?

I setup the folder BasilMod/pinglimit and placed files but cannot exec in console.

I do not have basilmod installed.

thanks

Blackdrakon

Post by Blackdrakon » 16 Apr 2016, 04:44

Murtashan wrote:Hi thanks for the replies.

another question I have is Do you need to have basilmod installed onto server first and then pinglimit?

I setup the folder BasilMod/pinglimit and placed files but cannot exec in console.

I do not have basilmod installed.

thanks

The BasilMod::Pack file needs to be installed server side first in order for any of his other mods to initialize on the server after install. In order for your client to connect to a BasilMod enhanced server, the BasilMod::Pack for the client side needs to be installed.

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 16 Apr 2016, 08:10

Murtashan, each mod have server-side installation instruction.
Read the description, and you will find if any pre requirements needed.

Murtashan wrote:I setup the folder BasilMod/pinglimit and placed files but cannot exec in console.

Make sure you placed files to your server root folder, i.e. "Steam\steamapps\common\Life is Feudal Your Own Dedicated Server\BasilMod\PingLimit", and that you are entering command to your server console.

Basically, module setup does not require console(although it provides extra functionality), you should edit your server main.cs file, i.e. "Life is Feudal Your Own Dedicated Server\main.cs".

Blackdrakon wrote:The BasilMod::Pack file needs to be installed server side first

You are wrong here. Some mods require BasilMod::Pack, others do not. Same for client: client installation of BasilMod::Pack required only if server GM say so.

Return to Game mods