Whitelisting with HeidiSQL

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own

Blackdrakon

Whitelisting with HeidiSQL

Post by Blackdrakon » 10 Mar 2016, 08:22

I have a few questions I hope someone here can answer.

(1) Is the ability to enable a server whitelist with the IsActive command set under the 'Account' or 'Character' table and is it set under the 'Default' column with a value of 1 or 0?

(2) I see user accounts under the 'Accounts -> Data' tab, but this list doesn't reflect the addition of new accounts that have connected over the last day. Are there certain time intervals this list auto-updates?

(3) To add someone to the server whitelist, do I just add a row to the 'Accounts -> Data' tab and include the user's SteamID?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Cattoaster

Re: Whitelisting with HeidiSQL

Post by Cattoaster » 11 Mar 2016, 06:00

Hej Blackdrakon,

(1) you can enable a whitelist with the IsActive command set under the 'Character' table. If you enable this under 'Account' table a player will get the message "You can not join this server. You are banned (
or something like that)". It is set with a value of 0. A value of 1 means 'character is playable'.
Furthermore you can change the structure of the table 'Character' and set the default value of the 'IsActive' coloumn to '0'.
With this enabled whitelist a player can create a character but is not able to choose this character cause the character is not yet enabled/active.

(2) Check your HeidiSQL preferences. I don't really use this database management tool, but there should be an option which limits your return result size. Check out Tools -> Preferences -> Data appearance -> Data size.

(3) You can do that. But as already said a server whitelist is more a character whitelist. So you could add a predefined character (with all of the neccessary stuff like inventory container, skills etc.).

Blackdrakon

Post by Blackdrakon » 11 Mar 2016, 09:25

Thank you for that response, Cattoaster. That was very helpful. I got with the server host and they adjusted my refresh rate to account for (2) which helped in the other two.

Cheers.

Catherine

Post by Catherine » 17 Apr 2016, 08:31

and thats without any mods possible? xd

Blackdrakon

Post by Blackdrakon » 19 Apr 2016, 21:19

Padme wrote:and thats without any mods possible? xd

No mods were needed to edit the database, no. Just the HeidiSQL tool and the login info for your server database.

Return to Game mods