Configuration help

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own

Cfalzyy

Configuration help

Post by Cfalzyy » 09 May 2016, 12:13

I wanted to change the speed of the carts and increase the multiplier on roads. What to xml file do I change to do this?

Halvdal

Re: Configuration help

Post by Halvdal » 09 May 2016, 14:00

For the road:

- Open cm_substances.cs on the clientside (LiF YO -> scripts). There you'll find the paved road/stone road at the end of the file (line 1218).

- Change SpeedMultiplier =1.25; to what ever you want.

- After that you should upload this file to your server. Be sure it is the same directory.

This is how it works for me.

Cfalzyy

Post by Cfalzyy » 09 May 2016, 14:43

Halvdal wrote:For the road:

- Open cm_substances.cs on the clientside (LiF YO -> scripts). There you'll find the paved road/stone road at the end of the file (line 1218).

- After that you should upload this file to your server. Be sure it is the same directory.

Thanks I will try this when I get home. Do you know where I can change the default cart speed? And does that also change the normal pace on the roads?

Cfalzyy

Post by Cfalzyy » 09 May 2016, 18:37

Halvdal wrote:For the road:

Do you also have have to set it for both client and server or just server?

Cfalzyy

Post by Cfalzyy » 10 May 2016, 19:01

The cm_substances is encoded so i cant change anything on it. Is there another way of doing it?

Halvdal

Post by Halvdal » 10 May 2016, 19:28

Read carefully!
- Open cm_substances.cs on the clientside

You can change the Cm_substances.cs on your client. Rename the cm_substances.cs.dso on your server and drop your client file there.

Serverside should be enough

------------------

I think that you can't change the speed of the trader cart. I didn't found anything for this. It seems to be hardcoded. But i will take a closer look if i have time.

Cfalzyy

Post by Cfalzyy » 10 May 2016, 19:36

Halvdal wrote:Read carefully!
- Open cm_substances.cs on the clientside

You can change the Cm_substances.cs on your client. Rename the cm_substances.cs.dso on your server and drop your client file there.

Serverside should be enough

------------------

I think that you can't change the speed of the trader cart. I didn't found anything for this. It seems to be hardcoded. But i will take a closer look if i have time.

You can use the client side files are server side files? JFC Ive been looking for like 2 days on how to edit them. So I upload my cm_substances to the server and name it cm_substances.cs.dso?

Cfalzyy

Post by Cfalzyy » 12 May 2016, 12:08

Ive reinstalled basil and redid the exc and still none of them work besides tides

Halvdal

Post by Halvdal » 12 May 2016, 13:23

No, you have to rename the serverside cm_substances.cs.dso into something like cm_substances.cs.BACKUP.dso.

And then you can upload your modified client cm_substances.cs on your server. You don't have to rename your client file.

Return to Game mods