Database Issue

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own

Starlyte05

Database Issue

Post by Starlyte05 » 29 Oct 2015, 19:42

Hello

I have Access to my Database via HeidiSQL, I am changing the Object_Types. Forest Soil, and Fertile Soil for examples to a different weight.

In This case from 1.000 to 10.000 so I can hold more.
but when I save my Database entries and restart my server the changes made are being reverted back to the original value's ( 1,000 )

I was told that deleting the Patch.sql would solve the issue, which I have done. but the problem still persists.

any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated.

I am able to run triggers and Queries fine. but changing info in the database always ends up resetting

Custodian
Mod Developer

Re: Database Issue

Post by Custodian » 29 Oct 2015, 21:57

Starlyte05 wrote:I was told that deleting the Patch.sql would solve the issue, which I have done. but the problem still persists.

Place original patch.sql back.
dump.sql restores default values. remove or truncate, or change values within the file.

Starlyte05

Post by Starlyte05 » 29 Oct 2015, 22:35

Aha! Cheers bud, Thank you /bow

I appreciate your help and I can now start changing the value of weights!

Again, you have my Thanks!

Starlyte05

Post by Starlyte05 » 30 Oct 2015, 22:38

Another problem I seem to be having is changing the value's for Flux and Nathpa. I know the Recipes combines are random for people, so I figured I could just simply remove Flux from Steel and other recipes but im having real hard problems changing the database.

Maybe it is just because I have been awake so long im not sure, but every time it leads me back to the Steel Ingot 402 and I cannot seem to edit the Quantity value or even for that matter find the value for Flux on the Recipe.

is there a separate Database folder where Herbalist Combines are located other than Recipes, Recipes_Requirement or Object_Types?

QuakeNaked

Post by QuakeNaked » 15 May 2016, 03:02

We hoped this post would answer our question about how to change the weight of the copper, silver, and gold coins. We tried editing the dump.sql, and when the server is started the database shows the changed values (where it reverted to original values before, just like the OP was experiencing), however when we start the game, the coins still show the default weight.

I have to say up front that we're beginners on using the dedicated server sql database, so we'd appreciate easy to follow instructions. Thank you in advance!

Alakar
Beta Tester

Post by Alakar » 15 May 2016, 15:20

QuakeNaked wrote:We hoped this post would answer our question about how to change the weight of the copper, silver, and gold coins. We tried editing the dump.sql, and when the server is started the database shows the changed values (where it reverted to original values before, just like the OP was experiencing), however when we start the game, the coins still show the default weight.

I have to say up front that we're beginners on using the dedicated server sql database, so we'd appreciate easy to follow instructions. Thank you in advance!

You have to change the weight on both the server and the client. Otherwise the server will think it weighs one weight but your client will still show the other.

-Alakar
http://arkhaya.com/

Return to Game mods