Development News #31 - Christmas is Feudal

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis

Development News #31 - Christmas is Feudal

Post by Arrakis » 23 Dec 2016, 16:41

Hey feudalists,

The end of December is one of the most magical times during winter, and here, at Bitbox, it’s almost impossible for us to resist the holiday mood. We have decorated our houses and our office, bought gifts and signed postcards to friends. Now we are just waiting for Christmas Eve.

We have also tried to create a Christmas mood in the game. The main news is that we've added holiday hats, boots and mittens in this patch! Put them on and wear them with pleasure. Let Santa know, that Life Is Feudal should be the next place for him to come visit!

To create your hats and other items, you must have linen as well as wool or silk cloth. The required materials depend on the type of item you desire. Sew it with the Weaver's Toolkit. For boots and mittens you need just one linen cloth for each item.

We hope you enjoy today's patch!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

- The team

Saar
Zealous Believer

Re: Development News #31 - Christmas is Feudal

Post by Saar » 23 Dec 2016, 16:50

Traduction en français disponible sur von Culm

Merry christmas!
All of you gave us the better gift ever with the MMO!

Ghuton
True Believer

Post by Ghuton » 23 Dec 2016, 17:16

I can't log in!!!!!!!!

Daspy11
Beta Tester

Post by Daspy11 » 23 Dec 2016, 18:05

What happened to the Christmas spirit y'all?

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 23 Dec 2016, 19:02

I get that all online games are doing this now, and it's a "fun" way to bring some positive vibes and so on.

But my feeling is that it's totally out of place for this game.

Here we are, chasing deer and picking carrots, building tiny shacks with our sweat and blood and all of a sudden everyone is gonna be running around with christmas hats?

Why not make Santa fly across the sky shouting ho ho ho and throwing presents at every one?

I don't know, it totally breaks the immersion, without being heavy on Role Play, it's like inserting into the game something that has no place there, like 4x4 buggies so that our feudal friends can race around the volcano..

EDIT : I was thinking, it's easy to criticise only and give no solution, so here's an idea :

If you guys and the community wanted to do something a bit special, maybe you could have done so "in character". Maybe some medieval / feudal belief system or the one used in the game when we pray to the monument or something like that, maybe you could have made a "Life is Feudal" celbretation.

I just feel it's a shame and too easy (lazy). I mean if you guys start giving everyone pumpkin heads for halloween I will rage !

Baal
True Believer

Post by Baal » 23 Dec 2016, 21:46

Markrondot wrote:I get that all online games are doing this now, and it's a "fun" way to bring some positive vibes and so on.

But my feeling is that it's totally out of place for this game.

Here we are, chasing deer and picking carrots, building tiny shacks with our sweat and blood and all of a sudden everyone is gonna be running around with christmas hats?

Why not make Santa fly across the sky shouting ho ho ho and throwing presents at every one?

I don't know, it totally breaks the immersion, without being heavy on Role Play, it's like inserting into the game something that has no place there, like 4x4 buggies so that our feudal friends can race around the volcano..

EDIT : I was thinking, it's easy to criticise only and give no solution, so here's an idea :

If you guys and the community wanted to do something a bit special, maybe you could have done so "in character". Maybe some medieval / feudal belief system or the one used in the game when we pray to the monument or something like that, maybe you could have made a "Life is Feudal" celbretation.

I just feel it's a shame and too easy (lazy). I mean if you guys start giving everyone pumpkin heads for halloween I will rage !

Ok, but have you look at the image ? it doesn't look like stupid modern santa hat who break immersion, instead it look more like three different type of feudal hats, a merchant one, a northmen furry one and a mongol style. I consider those new craftable items more like a prototype for new cloths to craft for customizing you avatar. The game lak of civil hats for the moment, yes it is actually red and it break immersion i agree, but when christmas is over it just need one line of code change by the devs to return hat to their true natural feudal color, and i hope they will do that change later.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 23 Dec 2016, 22:01

Baal wrote:
Ok, but have you look at the image ?

Yeah it's hard to miss :p

I mean honestly, what do I care, they are just hats, its just christmas, blah blah blah.

But I thought and think it's ridiculous and stupid, even if it's not important, I would say what I think.

Also, this could be only the start, maybe we will get chocolate eggs and hens for easter, maybe we will witches on broomstics for halloween, why not many turkeys for American thanksgving?

I just think it's stupid, lazy, and not loyal to the game, especially a Role Playing Game. But yeah, like I said, it doesn't really matter..... (BUT ITS REALLY STUPID :p)

Rorig2
Zealous Believer

Post by Rorig2 » 24 Dec 2016, 02:52

These Christmas hats are awesome! I wish they were something we could keep forever.

Christinakelton999
Zealous Believer

Post by Christinakelton999 » 24 Dec 2016, 17:59

Item ID's for Christmas items and updated GM Robe? They would be much appreciated. Thank you! ^_^ Happy holidays!

EDIT:

Also is the GM supposed to be bright blinding white? Because that's what I get when I put the thing on. Like the robe has no texture.

EDIT 2.0

Actually, learned how to do some digging. Here you are, fam.

Here are all of the Item IDs I could find for the new additions:

GM Robe: 1436
Believer Robe (Old GM Robe): 1379
Gottlung Yule Hat: 1415
Slavard Yule Hat: 1422
Khoor Yule Hat: 1423
Yule Boots: 1427
Yule Mittens: 1434

And just for fun...

Eggnog: 982
Charcoal: 256

Happy holidays!