RP & PVP - Possible? Remember UO? Chicago Blue Fang

Charlie949

RP & PVP - Possible? Remember UO? Chicago Blue Fang

Post by Charlie949 » 26 Oct 2014, 16:13

Hello Everyone,

I ended up paying for a rented server so I would not have to worry about abusive GMs from other servers. I am not looking to be part of the largest group/fraction in my server. I want to foster an Old School UO play style where we have an actual ecosystem of different playing styles. This means, PKs, RPers, Anti-PKs, crafters, etc.

I used to play UO and our RPing was moderate. We roleplayed as Anti-PKs (knights) and went after PKs. We have our own server website and will soon have our dedicated teamspeak server as well. I look forward to helping guild/faction leaders get settled in this fresh island.

Our rules are very simple and posted on the server's group (on steam) as well as the website. We do not condone cheaters but at the same token we do not judge macro-ers. Some people cannot play the hours needed to raise skills and are okay with the consequences of being AFK.

1- Our Skill Cap is 1200, and Stats are 170.
2- Our server is currently Vanilla gathering speed.
3- Animal Breeding Factor is sped up to 40 minutes per tick.
4- Fuel Burning is callobrated to 30 seconds rather than 60 seconds.
5- We are considering using the "Life is Balanced" script which would make us the only non-Russian server to have it. It requires the server community to change client side, which would wipe all characters' stats. This will be decided later.
6- Plant time was changed to 1 hour per tick.
7- Skill is 5x multiplier
8- We are planning to remove Global Chat
9- Once we esclipse 20 active average we will have a dedicated TS3. At the moment we are using a friend's personal TS3.
10- We are currently building the "Safe" capital city which is for to use if they wish.

PVP orientated and RPers welcome

Looking forward to playing with Canadians and Americans.

Best,

Tias44

Server name "Paradise Lost".
JoinToRemoteServer ("23.108.73.18:19441")

JesseLee
Devoted Believer

Re: RP & PVP - Possible? Remember UO? Chicago Blue Fang

Post by JesseLee » 29 Oct 2014, 08:20

I really like the ideas you have here. If you use the Life is Balanced mod, please make sure people are limited to a single character per account because having multiples allows ppl to lone wolf it, especially with a 1200 stat cap. The server I was on just got trashed 2x in a week, once due to corrupt files going over 80mb (? i'm not totally sure, but something along those lines) and no backup, and the 2nd time was because the admin changed the skillcap from 1200 to 800 without telling any of us.

I will warn you that server was a bluefang server so you're running a risk of having corrupted files once you hit the 80mb data rate. However, I have also heard that this is a game-wide issue.

As stated, I would like to try out the life is balanced mod and am interested in people who played UO. I didn't personally play UO but several very close friends did and I like what I have heard. The only complaint I would have is the skill multiplier being at 5x. While it's not that high it really negates the need for a cook as I could skill up in a single day just about all of the blacksmithing skills on a 2x server. Also, with planting time at such a fast rate there is lag from crop growth that I've noticed and that seems like an awful fast rate of gather for materials such as rope from flax.

As I said, I'm very interested in your server :) may see you soon

Return to RP Servers