[US-EU] *NEW MMO* Into The Mystic - 24/7 PvP/PvE Players Wanted

StilleVande

[US-EU] *NEW MMO* Into The Mystic - 24/7 PvP/PvE Players Wanted

Post by StilleVande » 22 Nov 2015, 03:48

***We are looking for experienced gamemasters to help build out our community. ***

Thank you for spending your time looking at our humble server. We are a brand new 24/7 Roleplaying server, running on a privately owned enterprise level equipment, which runs on a 200M/20M connection. We are a slow progression MMO type server, with no wipes, unless needed by an update.

Since it's privately owned, there is no monthly server rental fees, so we will never go away due to finances. We also would prefer all players NOT to vote for us on sites, so we stay hidden within the playerlist. We are a small player community, and intend to stay that way.

On a personal note, I have been hosting gameservers for over a decade. My first game I ever hosted in fact was a PRC NWN1 PW called the Legacy of Netheril (WAY back in the day). I always loved NWN, so when I found this game, I could see the insane potential this can become.

I just couldn't help myself from making a world so that RP'rs can enjoy themselves. :)

We are a PvP RP server. We go by The Golden Rule:
Do to others as you would have them do to you.

There are only a few rules here.
1) Respect and the Golden Rule goes a long way here. Use it.
2) Do not kill any new/naked players.

Max Skill Points are set to 3000.
Skill progression Multiplier is set to 1.
Multiple characters allowed.
No bypassing walls via mud ramps, etc.

We are looking for hearty men and women to come and and start building the base villages/towns needed for the beginning of the server buildout. We don't mind having criminals, but there should be no greifing, and right now, the emphasis should be on core server buildouts at the moment.

There is absolutely nothing named right now in the world, not even the name of the Realm. I highly encourage players to come in and stake your own place in the world, and help build this world from the ground up, including the names of the places.

I'll be making a section on my forums for the world soon, so if discussion is needed, we will have a better place to do so at.

The Skills and Progression multiplier is set to only 1, so this server is not for the feint of heart. ;)

http://www.stillevande.com

Connect to:
lif.stillevande.com:28000

Host Specs:
2x Xeon 5650 processors (12 physical cores, 24 logical coes)
72G ECC Registered RAM.
4 - 64G Intel Extreme SSD drives (Gameserver Drives)
1 - 500G SATA drive (Storage)
VMWare ESXi 6.0 Update 1

The gameserver itself is an 8 core 16G virtual ESXi server running 2008R2, with the operating system and gameserver on its own SSD partition.

The database server the gameserver connects to is a 4 core 8G physical server running a Linux 64bit OS, and MariaDB 5.5, all residing on 4x 1TB Near-Line SAS drives set RAID 5.

Processors on the Gameserver are Xeon 5650 procs, and the Database server uses Xeon 3430 processors.
Last edited by StilleVande on 27 Dec 2015, 07:02, edited 4 times in total.

StilleVande

Re: [US-Dallas] The Golden Rule {RP/MMO/PvP} - Dedicated/Xeon/SSD

Post by StilleVande » 23 Nov 2015, 16:51

Initial weekend testing has been finished.

Max 4 people on, using 0% CPU usage and only using 3.83G of RAM.

All players said no latency was found, and all systems are operating as it should.

Knowing this, we should be able to handle 64 players easy, but we will stay on 40 for the sake of making everything fluid for our players.

Come on in and enjoy yourselves. :)

StilleVande

Re: [US-Dallas] Into The Mystic {RP/MMO/PvP} - Dedicated/Xeon/SSD

Post by StilleVande » 25 Nov 2015, 13:36

We now have a base of operation along the coastline of the interior lake.

We also just upped the animal count to 200. ;)

Come join us!

StilleVande

Post by StilleVande » 27 Nov 2015, 21:30

I'm going to move over from Server 2008 R2 to Server 2012 R2.

I'll update on the status when applicable.

Stay tuned!

StilleVande

Post by StilleVande » 27 Nov 2015, 23:55

Server has been moved over to Server 2012 R2.

Running Windows Updates now. Afterwards, I'll work on importing the SQL database.

StilleVande

Post by StilleVande » 28 Nov 2015, 22:35

Alot of random issues pertaining to networking and latency while on 2012 R2 (which wasn't on 2008 R2).

Moving back to 2008 R2, (Sorry guys.) :(

StilleVande

Post by StilleVande » 29 Nov 2015, 14:28

Just a heads up people. The server was down all night last night, because when I was rebuilding the OS, I forgot to setup Windows Updates accordingly.

Settings changed, and the server is now up.

Im also working on deploying the database on another Operating system, namely Debian, so the data is stored off the main Operatign System.

I'll let everyone know how the outcome is.

Game on!

StilleVande

Post by StilleVande » 29 Nov 2015, 16:40

It is confirmed the database can reside on another device.

Sometime soon, I'll be migrating the database to my RAID5 sql server soon.

So, now that I've installed the gameserver a few times, I think I have the final build setup to taste.

The gameserver itself is an 8 core 16G virtual ESXi server running 2008R2, with the operating system and gameserver on its own SSD partition.

The database server the gameserver connects to is a 4 core 8G physical server running a Linux 64bit OS, and MariaDB 5.5, all residing on 4x 1TB Near-Line SAS drives set RAID 5.

Processors on the Gameserver are Xeon 5650 procs, and the Database server uses Xeon 3430 processors.

I think we've almost settled the dust and the server is almost bullet-proof.

Stayed tuned!

StilleVande

Post by StilleVande » 01 Dec 2015, 01:34

Usually at Christmas time, I pick a server I'm going to do a Christmas game giveaway each year, and I'm going to pick my new server for it this year. :)

I have a few games in my hand, and I'm going to give them away on the server in a contest.

Since it's for the most part a new server, I'd like to see what an individual player or a group of players can achieve on the server until the deadline, which is Dec 20th.

The prize will be my Humble Bundle Monthly games this month. I won't know for three days what the titles of the Bundle will be nor the amount.... which adds a flavor of mystery to the prize. I will say that last month, the Bundle had a lot of decent games, and I believe there were 6-8 games in the Bundle. I can add the games from the bundle to this thread as soon as I know, or we can keep it as a mystery until the prize is given away :D

Util the 20th, I'll be jumping on the server randomly, and come meet people. If I see anything I like, be it attitude or build, I'll hand out some free games.

Right now, these are the games I may hand out:

Steam:
Samorost 2
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Steam Key
Colin McRae Rally
DiRT Showdown
GRID 2 w/ Drift Pack, Spa- Francorchamps Track Pack, Autosport, Autosport Road & Track Car Pack DLC's
Hospital Tycoon
Operation Flashpoint w/ Dragon Rising & Red River DLC's
Overlord & Raising Hell (Expansion)
Overlord II
Alien Breed: Trilogy
The Escapists & Alcatraz DLC
Flockers
Light
Schrödinger's Cat and the Raiders of the Lost Quark
Worms
Worms Armageddon
Worms Crazy Golf
Worms Reloaded
Worms Revolution GOLD

Uplay:
Tom Clancy's EndWar
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin Key

So come on in and join the contest! Who knows, you might get a freebie if your online, plus with due diligence, you might win a mystery bundle of good games!

Good Luck my friends. :)

StilleVande

Re: [US-EU] *NEW MMO* Into The Mystic - 24/7 PvP/PvE Players Wanted

Post by StilleVande » 27 Dec 2015, 07:05

So far, we have two small starting villages, one to the eat of the interior lake, and the other on the island.

We now have access to flux, and just started getting into leatherwork, etc.

Come and enjoy the fun!

lif.stillevande.com:28000

:beer:

StilleVande

Post by StilleVande » 20 Jan 2016, 01:13

We now have an interactive map!

http://lif.paritygaming.com:63636

:Bravo:

Zearoth

Post by Zearoth » 30 Jan 2016, 23:04

The server needs updating. Please! It's been a few days now and it's getting hard to wait.

Return to RP Servers