Ladders and Arrows

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Stylemonk

Ladders and Arrows

Post by Stylemonk » 13 Jan 2015, 13:35

Hi all,

Some ideas here.

1. Ladders - as we all know, people currently using "buggy" logs to climb to your walls.
What about if there would be ability to create ladders (Wood + ropes). Those ladders would be used as in real life to climb over the wall. To carry ladder you would need 2 people.
For those who behind the wall there could be ability to push ladders back, again as in real life. If enemy falls down from ladders, takes damage and also disabled for short time (3-5 sec, target for archers) :)

2. Arrows on the ground. This method used by archers to increase speed of firing max amount of arrows in short space of time. How that would be implemented in the game. Archers using skill to prepare arrows on the ground (animation of 5 sec per arrow or something similar), max arrow amount 5 or 10 maybe. If archer stands next to arrow (will have kind of aura), it gets 10% reload time. :Bravo: :evil:

Thanks for attention.
Best game in last 5 years.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Re: Ladders and Arrows

Post by Azzerhoden » 13 Jan 2015, 13:48

I have mixed thoughts on ladders, though 2 people carrying them would be bad IMO.

While cool from an RP perspective, the game will have the climbing skill, and Bobik has stated elsewhere (video I think) that climbing will be a slow process. Thus, no need for ladders, and living behind walls will not be 'safe'. However, guards on the walls and towers with a bow/xbow should be enough to deal with a raiders attempting to scale those walls.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Ace1336

Post by Ace1336 » 13 Jan 2015, 23:34

Not a very good idea with the ladders. It would take the whole idea of siege kinda out of the question. And ladders would be way too easy to make for it's ease of use in terms of raiding.

Azumazi

Post by Azumazi » 14 Jan 2015, 00:41

Ace1336 wrote:Not a very good idea with the ladders. It would take the whole idea of siege kinda out of the question. And ladders would be way too easy to make for it's ease of use in terms of raiding.

My only addition would be so long as they can get only over wooden walls, but aren't tall enough to climb over stone and above. Considering the height difference, it would mean settlements would want to advance to stone asap, but would be better protected as it would require 2 people.

I would also make it take a lot of rope just to make it a huge linen sink as to make people think twice about making one "for the hell of it"

Like 25 rope for 1 ladder.

But I would not put something like this into the game until they made it so that certain buildings could be upgraded and or demolished.

Like allow someone to upgrade a palisade wall to wooden wall or stone. Meaning you could start off with a Palisade, upgrade it to wooden, or just skip wooden and go to stone. Could also start off with wooden and go to stone. But only allow this to be done with walls that are the same size, meaning 1 square. This would not be allowed for stone to castle walls due to the size difference.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas