40 Dollars?? You trying to Rip us off or just make money?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Brin

Re: 40 Dollars?? You trying to Rip us off or just make money

Post by Brin » 19 Sep 2014, 16:09

$40 for an early access game without the MMO version is absolutely ridiculous. There's no telling what the price of the MMO will be with YO being this pricey.

trashman
Alpha Tester

Post by trashman » 19 Sep 2014, 16:11

The MMO is free to play with no sub. Just one time purchase per char.

Keep in mind you should only by the game if you are willing to support the development of the MMO. If you aren't then don't buy it and so complaining. If you think the game will be fun then do.

theonlyduck

Post by theonlyduck » 19 Sep 2014, 16:13

^ So thats JUST BUYING THE FUCKING GAME.... So they are trying to leech the fuck load of money. And Don't say its worth it and suck up to them, cause You know its not.

PURE-COLOR

Post by PURE-COLOR » 19 Sep 2014, 16:13

$40 :%) WFT Steam come on that's not cool I will not be getting it then $40 for Per Alpha, Early Access they should try $20 $25 or even $30 but $40 NO WAY in HELL :evil:

Saint-Martyr

Post by Saint-Martyr » 19 Sep 2014, 16:16

Not going to lie, I feel like you may have underhanded quite a few prospective players with the 40$ price tag. I don't why, but I was expecting somewhere between the 20$-25$ range ( I feel like I've seen that figure be thrown around a lot)

Anyways, I'll still be purchasing the game, but the gaming community I admin probably will not be trying this out now... I had an easy 10 players who wanted to join in, but 40$ is a huge investment for a game that isn't close to being done.

Let's hope that the potential that this game has will be enough to sway a significant playerbase.

Goodluck, I'll see you guys in game.

Brin

Post by Brin » 19 Sep 2014, 16:18

It goes beyond just supporting the development. $40 for an early access game is ridiculous regardless of what game it is. That's not even taking into account that the community is going to also have to purchase the MMO version since that is what most are looking forward to.

theonlyduck

Post by theonlyduck » 19 Sep 2014, 16:18

Saint-Martyr wrote:Not going to lie, I feel like you may have underhanded quite a few prospective players with the 40$ price tag. I don't why, but I was expecting somewhere between the 20$-25$ range ( I feel like I've seen that figure be thrown around a lot)

Anyways, I'll still be purchasing the game, but the gaming community I admin probably will not be trying this out now... I had an easy 10 players who wanted to join in, but 40$ is a huge investment for a game that isn't close to being done.

Let's hope that the potential that this game has will be enough to sway a significant playerbase.

Goodluck, I'll see you guys in game.

I feel like if they lowered it to 20 dollars, they would make more money and have a better community to respond to their ideas and such.

Carber44

Post by Carber44 » 19 Sep 2014, 16:18

WTF 40 dollars for a pre alpha game come on guys get your shit together and lower the price ffs!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by Carber44 on 19 Sep 2014, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.

DoomBringer

Post by DoomBringer » 19 Sep 2014, 16:20

Funny thing is that Bobik is online but refuses to make any statements regarding this...

AtrocityL
Alpha Tester

Post by AtrocityL » 19 Sep 2014, 16:20

I would agree that it is a little high in price, but I also take into account that they have to pay their team. As well as from what I've played so far I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sieni
Zealous Believer

Post by Sieni » 19 Sep 2014, 16:21

The hate is strong in this one.

Brin

Post by Brin » 19 Sep 2014, 16:21

DoomBringer wrote:Funny thing is that Bobik is online but refuses to make any statements regarding this...

Most likely because he does not want to deal with the angry response he is receiving. He had a masterpiece in the making with a huge player base. Now the great game we were hoping for is going to lacking severely in numbers due to the price.

En_Dotter

Post by En_Dotter » 19 Sep 2014, 16:23

There is no friken way im giving 30e ($40) if im not gonna get MMO for free... This is silly... Maybe devs need money but i cant afford to spend 30e on a game i never even voted for on greenlight... I voted for MMO not for overpriced kids playground...
Give MMO when it comes out and i might buy it.
Yes im mad and its my right to be mad like it or not.
If it was 15-20e i would have bought it. But friken 30???

Hobo_Grandpa

Post by Hobo_Grandpa » 19 Sep 2014, 16:24

It's pre-alpha folks. I don't understand what all of this entitlement is about.

Back in the day, pre-alpha was closed doors testing. Even most betas are closed.

This is them allowing you a chance to support the company & test the game, not play the game. I repeat. Test the game. Support the company. Not play.

If you don't want to help support, then don't buy it yet. Simple as that. Raising hell is going to do nothing. The price is set. Buy it or don't.

You're getting it for $25 less than others who have already been in the alpha supporting. They all paid 50 euro / $65 usd.

Those who spent $65 will likely be getting an MMO character for free. But guess what? Those of us who paid $40, will be paying around $20-30 for our MMO character.

It's the same price structure it's always been. There are absolutely zero surprises here. Relax.
Last edited by Hobo_Grandpa on 19 Sep 2014, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes reading forums or global chat is like reading a book called "Baby's First Game Test". Does no one understand the concept of early access alpha testing? I swear, 'some people's children...'

Davidbc

Post by Davidbc » 19 Sep 2014, 16:26

Hobo_Grandpa wrote:It's pre-alpha folks. I don't understand what all of this entitlement is about.

Back in the day, pre-alpha was closed doors testing. Even most betas are closed.

This is them allowing you a chance to support the company & test the game, not play the game. I repeat. Test the game. Support the company. Not play.

If you don't want to help support, then don't buy it yet. Simple as that. Raising hell is going to do nothing. The price is set. Buy it or don't.

You're getting it for $25 less than others who have already been in the alpha supporting. They all paid 50 euro / $65 usd.

You said it, it's an alpha, and as such there are tons of bugs and nothing is guaranteed, hence they are cheap... except LiF.

Nexus
Alpha Tester

Post by Nexus » 19 Sep 2014, 16:26

If its to much, dont pay it.
But have in mind that you support the developers and the upcoming MMO.
I have payed the 40$ weeks ago because i think its a great game and need support.
When you see other Pre-Alpha games, there are some cheaper ones, and also some where you have to pay more than 40$.
In some Pre-Alpha games you can buy additional things and there people spend a lot more than 40$

theonlyduck

Post by theonlyduck » 19 Sep 2014, 16:27

Hobo_Grandpa wrote:It's pre-alpha folks. I don't understand what all of this entitlement is about.

So they are Charging us More than what a triple A game that is 59.99 when both the YO and MMO comes out? Look at WITCHER 3, TRIPLE A game, Only 10 DOLLARS more than what this Dev is making us pay, and I guarantee you, Witcher will have way more game play, time and fun when it comes out, and THEY WONT split it into 2 parts.

Frontal
Alpha Tester

Post by Frontal » 19 Sep 2014, 16:27

Steam kiddies, stop being retarded. Please.
If you don't want to play an early access game, then don't. I'm pretty sure this price is final so you'll pay the same now as you'll pay on full release.

So either buy it and play it whenever you want, or don't and wait for the full release with the same price tag.

I swear to god you kids got way to used to shit dayz standalone with it's reduced pricetag and money bait.
This is a long term project with a fixed pricetag 40$. Deal with it.

Hobo_Grandpa

Post by Hobo_Grandpa » 19 Sep 2014, 16:27

Davidbc wrote:

You said it, it's an alpha, and as such there are tons of bugs and nothing is guaranteed, hence they are cheap... except LiF.

You're not buying it to play it. Of COURSE there are bugs and nothing is guaranteed. You're buying it to help squash those bugs and get the game off the ground. It's an indie company man.
Sometimes reading forums or global chat is like reading a book called "Baby's First Game Test". Does no one understand the concept of early access alpha testing? I swear, 'some people's children...'

Carber44

Post by Carber44 » 19 Sep 2014, 16:28

FFS 40 Pre alpha game !! fuck that PW Here i COME :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

DoomBringer

Post by DoomBringer » 19 Sep 2014, 16:28

Those who spent $65 will likely be getting an MMO character for free. But guess what? Those of us who paid $40, will be paying around $20-30 for our MMO character.

It's the same price structure it's always been. There are absolutely zero surprises here. Relax.

What a huge steaming pile of bullshit. There is no way this costs 40$ without guarantees that everyone gets MMO when it comes out. Compare it to Rust. It was the best selling steam game for a while and Garry made shitton of money with it... And the best part of it, it wasn't fucking 40$

Pennytration

Post by Pennytration » 19 Sep 2014, 16:29

No launch ever goes supersmooth, i'm sure the devs are working on a fix. relax :)

Ecka
Alpha Tester

Post by Ecka » 19 Sep 2014, 16:30

Get a job

This game as far more content than AAA

DoomBringer

Post by DoomBringer » 19 Sep 2014, 16:31

Ecka wrote:Get a job

Get some English education and common sense
Last edited by DoomBringer on 19 Sep 2014, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

Danielb
Alpha Tester

Post by Danielb » 19 Sep 2014, 16:31

DoomBringer wrote:

What a huge steaming pile of bullshit. There is no way this costs 40$ without guarantees that everyone gets MMO when it comes out. Compare it to Rust. It was the best selling steam game for a while and Garry made shitton of money with it... And the best part of it, it wasn't fucking 40$

Your swearing and childish tantrum-throwing is not going to make things better. I advise you to take a deep breath and rethink your evaluation.

Davidbc

Post by Davidbc » 19 Sep 2014, 16:31

Hobo_Grandpa wrote:
Davidbc wrote:

You're not buying it to play it. Of COURSE there are bugs and nothing is guaranteed. You're buying it to help squash those bugs and get the game off the ground. It's an indie company man.

BeamNG are also an indie company with an alpha game. Guess what, the alpha costs 11€, and they are doing so well they hired lots of people, bought an office, etc etc. Let me know when that happens in LiF with a 30€ early alpha that doesn't even get you the MMO.

Saint-Martyr

Post by Saint-Martyr » 19 Sep 2014, 16:32

This is my only real concern;

This game arguably is about player interaction and building community. Part of what made this so appealing was the idea that you and your friends could get together and build something unique and play together.

Well, at a 40$ price tag, Bobik will manage to get the loyal hard core players to stick around, but trying to convince my buddies to join in with me will be a whole lot more difficult.

Buy in when the stocks are worth little, and hope that game flourishes. Right now, the game is selling its stocks way to high when the game hasn't reached its max potential.

Seeing a price tag like this makes me regret not having simply payed the 70$ to have access to the mmo at and earlier date.

Anyhow, I'm hoping that the team does a price revision so this game can appeal to the masses.

AtrocityL
Alpha Tester

Post by AtrocityL » 19 Sep 2014, 16:32

I completely agree

DoomBringer

Post by DoomBringer » 19 Sep 2014, 16:32

Danielb wrote:
DoomBringer wrote:

Your swearing and childish tantrum-throwing is not going to make things better. I advise you to take a deep breath and rethink your evaluation.

Oh please do spare me, your fanboyism and blind devotion to your white knight cause is too much for me handle...

theonlyduck

Post by theonlyduck » 19 Sep 2014, 16:33

Are you sure? Look at what is in Witcher 3 already? I do not need to point fingers, but Witcher 3 is and Will be the biggest Game for and RPG story line.

ALSO, THIS IS NOT AN ALPHA, this is LiF:YO, the ACTUAL GAME.
You are not buying into no testing and shit, you are buying into a game that they DUMBED down to milk cash.

Return to General Discussion