A better engine.

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Sebastien_Theus

A better engine.

Post by Sebastien_Theus » 20 Sep 2014, 19:39

This game needs a better engine, or improve this, since even on machines that perform the recommended requirements, there remains a very poor execution.

MachineMedic
Alpha Tester

Re: A better engine.

Post by MachineMedic » 20 Sep 2014, 19:58

The games are still in an Alpha stage, and have not been properly optimized.

Framerates and graphical efficiency may or may not improve as development continues into Beta or pre-release stages.

Sebastien_Theus

Post by Sebastien_Theus » 20 Sep 2014, 20:42

MachineMedic wrote:may or may not .

Mmmm, With respect, I think if this game wants to get away, that "may" have to be a "must".
In a market where games with much better graphics than this, and already in its pre-launch phase, or beta, have a very good fps on mid-range machines. If life is feudal wants to be a game that makes history, should run on many machines, and not just the most powerful.

MachineMedic
Alpha Tester

Post by MachineMedic » 20 Sep 2014, 21:08

As far as projected performance in the future goes, Bobik and company would have to be the ones to comment here if you want a solid answer.

I myself would realistically expect between 20% and 40% improvement in framerates before 1.0.0, but that's entirely speculation on my part.

While I haven't heard of any major titles releasing on the Torque3D engine, I am positive that it would take many months at a minimum to port this entire project to something like Unreal Engine 4, if such a task is even possible for a game like this. I do not believe that Bitbox would be able to afford that much payroll right now.

Just saying it how it is. :beer:

Return to Suggestions and Ideas