A few questions before I start

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Dredsol

A few questions before I start

Post by Dredsol » 23 Jan 2015, 20:22

I am fairly experienced with Sandbox games. I play what would be classified as hardcore sandbox games so your typical Eve Online, Mortal Online, Face of Mankind with open and full loot PvP/player governments.

Question #1
What motivates PvP?
In Wurm there is a dedicated PvP server to travel between where there is full PvP. You fight for land.

In Mortal there is a set number of house spots and very few resources nodes that mixed with NPC cities make travelers and war a constant.

In Eve there are systems and resources as well as PvP encouraging modes like Militia.

IF everyone gets a plot of land thats protected, and IF you can only siege during certain events, and IF there is no NPC cities, then why does anyone need to leave their village? Why should anyone fight? Why is it more difficult to attack than defend?

Question #2
Is there a currency?
If not this game is encouraging solitary game play just like wurms PVE servers which will encourage stagnation especially in a game with no sub fee or house taxes. You will end up playing with a small group of friends with very little political interaction.

Question #3
Is this really just a hack and slash? No parry system, little point in blocking, SUPER safe combat. A duel lasts forever with armor, very little to do with managing health mostly just stam management. This is my observation watching videos on youtube.

So am I misinformed or just REALLY spoiled with hardcore games? Is this another casual game?

Thanks for the answers/welcome to the community!
-Dred

Astapor

Re: A few questions before I start

Post by Astapor » 27 Jan 2015, 13:23

the game is far away from taking his last shape. the current fighting system need to be reworked. the first to know that are the devs. so dont worry at all.

Return to Newcomer Section